Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead 2: Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

From that I can see there is 3 people still to check in - Brendan, Mary and Wendy

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    No just the three security, that was the n0 pick. Now you can be voted for but not munched tonight.

Sorry - yes. This is correct.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

No mention of scavengers being sent out and I would think we would be told as we ere told about the security detail. Would lead me to believe it is one of the security team that will be munched this morning.

Do you think maybe the wolves were told in advance who the scavengers would be in case they wanted to munch one of them?

And then we just found out on thread like everyone else?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Do you think maybe the wolves were told in advance who the scavengers would be in case they wanted to munch one of them?

Anything is possible I suppose but there is no way of knowing. Well apart from Rick - he will know coz if his deadline for selecting them was 9.59am, then the wolves wouldn't have had time to be told and make a decision before munch.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

So the death was always going to be Me, Gabriel, Emily, Riona, Abigail or Henry unless there was a wolf amongst us yeah. Just want to try and get on top of the mechanics as early as possible

I doubt Henry, Abbi or Riona were on the chopping block, that announcement came after the munch announcement

• Advertisement

No just the three security, that was the n0 pick. Now you can be voted for but not munched tonight.

Hi Phil,

Does it say in the OP that security who be a phase ahead of the scavengers?

That would be very unusual

Thematically no. I mean the flavour goes thus:

the scavengers venture out in the day. therefore, only rick can know who they are before they venture out.

It would be very odd if the wolves knew before they (scavengers) headed out.

Anything is possible I suppose but there is no way of knowing. Well apart from Rick - he will know coz if his deadline for selecting them was 9.59am, then the wolves wouldn't have had time to be told and make a decision before munch.

Yeah sorry this makes sense.

So the security will go from Lynch-Lynch and the scavengers from Munch-Munch?

And where does it say that the security cannot be munched??

Ive reread the op there and it only reference the scavengers being immune from Lynching.....

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Hi Phil,

Does it say in the OP that security who be a phase ahead of the scavengers?

Sorry what are you asking?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Security are a night action so Rick would have to give his selection in by lynch time.
    Scavengers are a day action so Rick would have to have his list in by munch time.

I think it would be very unfair on us if Rick had to submit the scavenger list early in order for the mods to pass it on to the wolves. I think we should forget that as an idea.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Could it be that the security detail can only be munched and the scavengers can only be converted? I would assume the scavengers will be back after the lynch and the new security detail chosen then so maybe the saviours/walkers only get to chose one of the three day and night?

I mean it makes sense in a way that the scavengers are out in the wilderness with the walkers and the security detail are protecting Alexandria from the saviours?

Sorry what are you asking?

Sorry I have that bit cleared up now.

But where did it say that security cannot be munched?

And where does it say that the security cannot be munched??

Ive reread the op there and it only reference the scavengers being immune from Lynching.....

Security can be munched, if I said differently I misspoke, security can be lynched if I said differently I misspoke but I don't believe I did.

Conor WW wrote: »
    Could it be that the security detail can only be munched and the scavengers can only be converted? I would assume the scavengers will be back after the lynch and the new security detail chosen then so maybe the saviours/walkers only get to chose one of the three day and night?

I mean it makes sense in a way that the scavengers are out in the wilderness with the walkers and the security detail are protecting Alexandria from the saviours?

That makes sense thematically; but need more info to be able to confirm.

Phil,

From OP:
    Clarabel wrote: »

Rick Grimes - Town Leader

Rick is the leader of the village and as such designates the daily and nightly tasks for the settlement. Each night he will have to choose three players to send out into the wilderness the next day to scavenge for supplies.

At the lynch he will also select three players for security duty – who cannot be the same players as above. They will guard the walls from any nasties who may attempt to inflict harm on the settlement.

The scavengers, although they are able to communicate with the village via the game thread will be barred from voting - and also immune from lynching that night. They will not return until the following day.

The players sent into the wild cannot be the same chosen on consecutive nights.

The security detail cannot be the same chosen on consecutive days.

IMPORTANT

Only the six players selected are available for the kills or converts… unless….

Should Rick select a wolf, or a walker for either detail then they will be able to infiltrate the camp and kill or convert who they choose.

Should Rick be killed, anarchy will descend upon Alexandria….

Scavengers Roles during the day - The scavengers will be given three locations to visit during the day phase. They will have time to visit two per day - at 1pm and 5pm. They will forage and gather supplies for Alexandria to ensure that supplies do not dwindle... and may even find a few personal, useful items for themselves.

Beware of the wilderness - it is not without its dangers.

So there is no mention of security being immune from anything. Quite the opposite actually seeing as we were guarding the walls.

And there is no mention of ANYONE being immune from being munched. Only the scavengers are safe from lynching as (i assume) they wont be in the village.

The op is clear on when Rick selects.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Mary checking in and reading up. Morning guys

tenor.gif

Security can be munched, if I said differently I misspoke, security can be lynched if I said differently I misspoke but I don't believe I did.

So this was just a typo? Genuine question

• Advertisement

So this was just a typo? Genuine question

You aren't security tonight you were security last night. You can't be selected as security tonight so you can't be munched tonight (unless of course the wolves think it's worth breaking cover to kill you but they would have killed you last night in that case)

man thats a doozy of an OP. We could clear two people as village unless one of them is a wolf. I wonder what the odds would be of random three picking one wolf.

Low posters for guard duty probably as the only function is a lightning rod for munches.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Phil,

From OP:

So there is no mention of security being immune from anything. Quite the opposite actually seeing as we were guarding the walls.

And there is no mention of ANYONE being immune from being munched. Only the scavengers are safe from lynching as (i assume) they wont be in the village.

This is what I was wondering. Are wolves only able to pick one of three and walkers the same?

Could we use that somehow? Like pick 3 today that can be killed and then the three that can be converted, pick them tomorrow to be targeted by wolves which means each time wolves have a 1/3 chance of hitting a walker?

Could wolves actually kill one of their own if 1/3 chosen is a wolf? I think they are eventually gonna have a scenario where at least one wolf has to speak up if they accidently target them

Derry WW wrote: »
    This is what I was wondering. Are wolves only able to pick one of three and walkers the same?

Could we use that somehow? Like pick 3 today that can be killed and then the three that can be converted, pick them tomorrow to be targeted by wolves which means each time wolves have a 1/3 chance of hitting a walker?

Rotate the same six? 3 guards, 3 scavangers, then swap?

You aren't security tonight you were security last night. You can't be selected as security tonight so you can't be munched tonight (unless of course the wolves think it's worth breaking cover to kill you but they would have killed you last night in that case)

So it more that you think I won't be munched. Not that I can't

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

That makes sense now you’ve explained it again.

Munch targets tomorrow will be scavengers that were selected earlier and whoever is picked for security later (can’t be Emily or Winifred).

Mary WW wrote: »
    Rotate the same six? 3 guards, 3 scavangers, then swap?

Yes. We guarantee there is at least one walker in that by tomorrow. That does guarantee they can potentially convert somebody not in the list.

Theres a 6/22 chance that Negan is among the first people chosen

If he was chosen then he can pick outside those six but if he wasn't then he has to pick in that group. We can't lynch the three who are out scavaging. So should we lynch one of the two remaining security people? I know its unfair on them but the odds are that one of those remaining 5 will be converted.

The counter argument to the picking the same people is that we will then almost be guaranteeing that we will have a walker in that group but if we get lucky then Rick doesn't select a wolf and the wolves are much more likely to hit a newly converted walker

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Morning all.

00056582-500.jpg

Advertisement