Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead 2: Game Thread

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    What specifically are you confused about Riona?

How many wolves are there and what kind of powers they have

When do the walkers strike? It seems to indicate in the the op those outside the walls may also face danger

How many walkers are there!

The bit about Rick, is he all powerful or are there other traditional power roles aswell?

Just general early confusion

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

So 15 mins till the barracks? then hopefully we learn something as right now all people seem to be going on is who is and isn't confused by the OP. It's been peoples interpretation of it moreso that got me a little. People talking about what happens if Negan is picked to defend the town and clearing people from who Rick picks for example

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Riona WW wrote: »

When do the walkers strike? It seems to indicate in the the op those outside the walls may also face danger

The bit about Rick, is he all powerful or are there other traditional power roles aswell?

There are currently no answers to the queries.

Unknown number of wolves but usually around 4.

Walkers strike every second day from when they start but we don’t know when they start. Unknown number too.

I would be surprised if Rick was the only villager with powers as otherwise we would lose everything if he was to die.

Walkers strike every second day from when they start but we don’t know when they start. Unknown number too.

I would be surprised if Rick was the only villager with powers as otherwise we would lose everything if he was to die.

Anyone here play the first Walking Dead game? was the set up anything similar to this one?

Nigel WW wrote: »
    So 15 mins till the barracks? then hopefully we learn something as right now all people seem to be going on is who is and isn't confused by the OP. It's been peoples interpretation of it moreso that got me a little. People talking about what happens if Negan is picked to defend the town and clearing people from who Rick picks for example

Scavengers normally hunt so I wonder if ye will be hunting for prizes for the village

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29aeec2f9afc3858151094037170cde164ab455a73&rid=giphy.gif
    Patrick WW wrote: »
    OK

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    I know people are trying to break the op down into small steps but could someone lead me on baby steps because I'm as confused as I was when I started reading earlier?

giphy.gif
    Henry WW wrote: »
    I'm totally lost too Patrick and reading the last couple of pages has sent me further into a state of confusion.
    Mary WW wrote: »
    Which part has you confused chief?
    Ewan WW wrote: »
    Patrick, just fire up any questions you have
    Pretty much all of it,

So the Saviour are pretty much the equivalent of the wolves
    Rick would seem to be some kind of village elder
    Walkers are ? Wolves that can infect you?
    Pretty much.

Don't see where you are confused tbh.
    Barbara WW wrote: »
    Wolf
    Patrick is my lock wolf of the day, for his whole im confused schtick.

lock-of-the-week.jpg
    It was more that Patrick was asked what confused them and then their answer actually answered all of the issues they claimed to be having. So i dont think he is actually confused - i think he is claiming confusion to justify laying low.

Hence, no issue with Riona being confused - im keen to help her if the confusion is genuine.

All of Patrick’s posts and those who responded to him.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Riona WW wrote: »

Based on the OP we don’t know how many walkers or wolves. That’s been a feature of a few recent games and does make it a little harder. We also don’t fully know what powers are in play on either side. I’d be confident that there’s some however since it’s implied for the wolves and balance would then suggest the village get some too. I doubt rick is the only village power role tbh but it’s possible

Scavengers normally hunt so I wonder if ye will be hunting for prizes for the village

It’s certainly implied in the op that they can get some useful stuff

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Is that in the OP?

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    It’s certainly implied in the op that they can get some useful stuff

Not sure what the point of scavengers being sent out would be if they couldn't find something of use for the village.

It will be interesting to see if they have to do anything at these locations to get prizes though. Like in that Silent Hill game where people found riddles and the like at locations

• Advertisement

Is that in the OP?

Yea in Rule 5
    5) Game starts with a pre turn (night 0), followed by a munch at 10am Monday morning and the lynch will be at 9pm. After 9pm Monday will be considered night 1. Role reveals will take place on thread after each death. Conversions will happen on a pre determined night by the mods and continue every second night from that point going forward.

Is that in the OP?

Just checked and I don’t think it is. I’m sure I’ve also seen it somewhere though, possibly one of the questions in the sign up : I’ll check

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

It was more that Patrick was asked what confused them and then their answer actually answered all of the issues they claimed to be having. So i dont think he is actually confused - i think he is claiming confusion to justify laying low.

Hence, no issue with Riona being confused - im keen to help her if the confusion is genuine.

I'm confused because until someone confirms how the game mechanics are likely to play out then there's confusion, perhaps those of you who played in the WW The walking Dead part 1 might be a tad more helpful as in are there any mechanics that were/are similar.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Just coming back to this Barbara.
    Just coming back to this Barbara.

Negan is head of the saviours. He doesn't have anything to do with the walkers.

We don't have any idea how many walkers there are to begin with so how can you talk about "the odds"
    I don't get this point re Negan? How would the walkers know if Negan was in those 6?

Sorry my bad, I thought Negan was leader of the walkers, hes not. So read Walker for Negan in that analysis, I'm also assuming that the walkers start out with one

I was just about to post the same thing, I've only seen a conversion once but it was announced on thread. I'd imagine we see a conversion tonite

So if WALKER wasn't in the first 6 chosen then that convert will be in those people. We pretty much know the wolves are going to munch within the 6 because they would be giving us information if they went outside of it. So they'll have a good shot of hitting the convert.

If we are rotating the two groups then we should keep an eye on someone who lasts too long

I’m not seeing anything in Patrick’s posts right now that would make him more suspicious than anyone else.

Oh, and the OP says there are other roles in Alexandria that have an important part to play.

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Just checked and I don’t think it is. I’m sure I’ve also seen it somewhere though, possibly one of the questions in the sign up : I’ll check

Ah, got it. See rule 5 in the OP

I’m not seeing anything in Patrick’s posts right now that would make him more suspicious than anyone else.

Oh, and the OP says there are other roles in Alexandria that have an important part to play.

I’m just not seeing anything in Patrick’s posts full stop tbh. Gifs and confusion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

The scavengers geared up and headed for the Army Barracks.

On the roads they came across the odd stray walker shambling around, but nothing of note, in fact the roads were quiet.

Arriving at the Barracks they discovered the place empty. It appears there might be some of the bigger guns locked behind massive steel shuttered doors but with no way to gain access they could not get in.

Single-shutter-0-6mm-1-0mm-thickness.jpg_350x350.jpg

A lone tank sits in the middle of the yard, upon examination the fuel had turned to sludge, the treads damaged and the engine long since seized.

broken-tank-germany-german-freud-125052303.jpg

One of the scavengers discovers a map in the drivers seat however - with detailed descriptions of various shortcuts through tough terrain.

The scavengers have won an extra location visit for today ONLY - please make this selection by 5.30pm (if you so wish) and you will arrive there at 7pm.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

There is a theory that people who say they are "confused" are bad

So that's a lucky break scavengers can visit the other locations of today,

• Advertisement

I guess with the extra location we can go to the two remaining spots today.

Map discovered
    Tank with fuel that turned to sludge
    Guns potentially behind locked shutters

Patrick is my lock wolf of the day, for his whole im confused schtick.

lock-of-the-week.jpg
    Wolf
    There is a theory that people who say they are "confused" are bad

There's also the counter theory that those who try to start an early train are wolves!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Hey everybody, Wendy in the house

Sorry my bad, I thought Negan was leader of the walkers, hes not. So read Walker for Negan in that analysis, I'm also assuming that the walkers start out with one

It's assumptions like this that can lead the village down the wrong path IMO.

You are coming up with scenarios that rely completely on guesswork regarding how many walkers there are at the beginning.

I do not like that at all

There's also the counter theory that those who try to start an early train are wolves!

Out of curiousity, have you played any of the recent games? I have and wouldn't be saying I am confused cos of what they are saying above. Kind of think it is nonsense and that a word should not be made unusable or else you are tarred with the wolf brush but still I wouldn't be doing it.

So we can visit all locations today if we want to. Hopefully there is more in the next location

Map discovered

My thinking is that the key for the barracks is in one of the other two places. My thinking ispub cos it couldve been misplaced by someone having one too many shandys.

Map discovered

Wonder if there might be a way of opening them later in the game? Can we revisit locations?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

I'm going to defend Patrick here because I'm not new, and I'm totally confused. I thought I understood the OP fairly well, but then I see posts saying things like if x happens then we know for sure there's a walker/convert/wolf in the 6 and I'm like WTF how they working that out?! I get if we have a munch outside of the 3 security guys then there's a furball in the 3, but any of the other scenarios have me completely baffled.

• Advertisement

So does one of the other locations hold the key?

Mods, can you return to a location you’ve previously been to in the same day?

Advertisement