Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple HomeKit

Options
  • 24-01-2020 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, just wanted to pick your brains on a few things.

I’m considering dipping my toes in home automation, at a basic level at least, I currently have an Apple TV and generally use Apple devices, iPhone etc. Currently my Apple TV is connected to a Yamaha amp and surround system, what I would like in automation terms is music and lights basically, no need for heating or anything else at the moment. I use Spotify for music. Is it possible to setup music to come on automatically through the Apple TV and attached speakers? I’d like a small speaker similar to an amazon echo dot for my bedroom.

This is all rather new to me, I have played with a friends Alexa for music and light control, does Siri and Apple HomeKit work in a similar fashion with Spotify or am I better just going down the amazon/google road?

Thanks for the help, apologies if I haven’t made myself very clear!

Advertisement