Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"This action can't be completed........." File on Desktop

Options
  • 24-01-2020 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭

I've just noticed a Window file on the desktop of my laptop.

It's called simply Windows.

I suspect that it may be related to my desktop computer's meltdown a while back when recovery files had to be downloaded to my laptop. But, I'm not sure.

If I try to delete this file I get a message saying, "This action can't be completed because the file is open in System."

If I double-click on it, the address bar says; This PC > DVD Drive (F:) ESD-ISO

The file contains the following items: boot, efi, sources, support, autorun, bootmgr, bootmgr.efi, setup

It's 4Gb in size, which is a lot on my laptop. So, I'd like to get rid of it, if possible.

But, how?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Sorted.

Part of the fix for the desktop was downloading a media creation tool onto my laptop.

The file I couldn't delete was linked to this.

When I deleted the media creation tool, I could delete the file.

D.

Advertisement