Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wedding Day 2 Pub Suggestions - Swords Area

• 24-01-2020 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

Hi,

I am getting married in mid July in Roganstown and we are looking for somewhere local for a Day 2 (will be a Sunday).
    To give an idea we were hoping to use either the Cock Tavern or Chalk Venue/Schoolhouse. The Cock Tavern can't take the booking for a few months in case the Dubs are playing championship that day (and they will be too busy) and the Schoolhouse/Chalk Venue emailed me to say they don't take bookings during the day on the weekends - weird....

Could anyone recommend somewhere similar around Swords area or maybe Malahide that would be able to accommodate around 40 people for the day. Ideally somewhere with some decent screens to show whatever GAA is on that day and that would be able to do up some food platters or BBQ. Massive bonus points for a decent beer garden.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

I'd say your best bet is the Harp Bar. They have a nice area in the middle of the bar on the ground floor that's raised and has some lounge seating there along with bar stools etc. There is a TV in that area too but in terms of a beer garden not so much.

Old School house is constantly busy now so they probably are fine with the transient business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Bluezar wrote: »
    Hi,

I am getting married in mid July in Roganstown and we are looking for somewhere local for a Day 2 (will be a Sunday).
    To give an idea we were hoping to use either the Cock Tavern or Chalk Venue/Schoolhouse. The Cock Tavern can't take the booking for a few months in case the Dubs are playing championship that day (and they will be too busy) and the Schoolhouse/Chalk Venue emailed me to say they don't take bookings during the day on the weekends - weird....

Could anyone recommend somewhere similar around Swords area or maybe Malahide that would be able to accommodate around 40 people for the day. Ideally somewhere with some decent screens to show whatever GAA is on that day and that would be able to do up some food platters or BBQ. Massive bonus points for a decent beer garden.

Thanks

The only beer garden of note is at the Coachman's. If the Dubs are playing then no pub is likely to book you a space for 40 people, they'll get more money from the GAA crowd. And as mentioned above the Old Schoolhouse is soo popular right now, they don't need a weekend booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

peacocks in rivervalley worth a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

You could try Fowlers in malahide, they have a place upstairs for private functions & they do food platters + there is a smashing smoking area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Jam Park in Airside?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Weatherspoons The Old Borough possibly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

Kettle's? Close to Roganstown and might not be too bad if there's a Dublin game on, at least until after it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Why not try Fingallians GAA or the 44 bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Bluezar wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks

To add my suggestion - Hogs and Heifers in Airside. Semi private room or tables can be booked, loads of screens, good food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Try the Attic bar maybe beside the castle in Swords?

Was out for a pint in it last year (its upstairs in the pub) and there seemed to be a wedding day 2 celebration in full swing. Not too sure if they do food etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

You could try Fowlers in malahide, they have a place upstairs for private functions & they do food platters + there is a smashing smoking area.

I was going to suggest this. Upstairs area is really good, has a good amount of space, definitely enough room for 40 people. Platters are very nice too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Try a some yacht clubs, guaranteed good views:
    Howth
    Malahide
    Skerries

Advertisement