Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow/Ice warning: 26 / 27 / 28 Jan 2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

pauldry wrote: »
    This is before it got dark

I fell over with the shock of it

How will adults get to work tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,867 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

That band of precip in the midlands is not the main snow risk for the east - rather it's "wrap around" precipitation coming on to the west coast behind it.

That is what has to reach the east tonight if we are to see snow.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

....rather it's "wrap around" precipitation coming on to the west coast behind it....

Not seeing much sign of that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

It needs to snow a lot more, from those recent pictures, to be anything of substance. It's snowed 4 times in Mountmellick since early November and each event has been a few cm. I'm sure Danno and other Laois heads will agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Not seeing much sign of that?

Yet Doc, yet ...... Fingers and toes crossed although I’m not confident we will see much precipitation even though we will have the right temps lol

For everyone else who has seen snow fall so far, nice one ðŸ‘🻠I’m not jealous at all lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 richiekdj1

Temps dropping now since it’s getting dark. 4.5c in Carrigaline 30 mins ago, now 2.0c Cork airport. Heavy rain shower just passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Met eireann have added there weather advisory to there forecast for tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Is there another band of precipitation due to come in from the west later on? Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Is there another band of precipitation due to come in from the west later on? Anyone?

they're squally showers in the West, it's just random pop up showers basically, all you can say is "they'll be frequent" overnight especially. Depends on where you are because it can be so marginal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

A couple of inches now and quite powdery - considering how wet the ground was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Pretzill wrote: »
    A couple of inches now and quite powdery - considering how wet the ground was.

direwolves this far south? truly winter is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Donegal Ken

Much of Sligo now with some snow on the ground south sligo with a good covering and north Sligo with a dusting.

Anyone wishing for snow across the east tonight i wouldn't get to excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

froog wrote: »
    direwolves this far south? truly winter is coming.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Snow angel

Beautiful thick flakes were falling and sticking in Ballina Mayo. 10 minutes out the road in a west sligo I have nothing but a green Garden. So disappointed. May go back to ballina to look at the white gold.

Looking at the radar, heaviest area of precipitation seems to be in Westmeath & Meath currently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Snow ankle deep here in S. Sligo, been snowing all afternoon, just had to clear the arm of my satellite dish as it was blocking the LNB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭pauldry

Since this ain't ninja snow it must be

Ninjagosnow!

Attachment prob sideways

xgJvd5n.jpg?1

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Andrew00 wrote: »

HIRLAM has another front making its way across the country in the early hours tomorrow. May make it across the country judging by that forecast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

No snow atm. Temp currently 1.5c

HIRLAM has another front making its way across the country in the early hours tomorrow. May make it across the country judging by that forecast.

Compared to the 6Z run the 12Z is a downgrade I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Much of Sligo now with some snow on the ground south sligo with a good covering and north Sligo with a dusting.

Anyone wishing for snow across the east tonight i wouldn't get to excited.

Bold of you to assume I was excited in the first place :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Looking at the radar, heaviest area of precipitation seems to be in Westmeath & Meath currently.

This seems to be moving north-eastwards fairly quickly and will miss much of southern and eastern Meath and most of Dublin too. Very similar to yesterday where the band split in two with the middle section dying out completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Snowing West Cork , 185m asl. North west of Bandon and it's coming down heavy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Knock reporting 6 cm of snow cover now. Temperature and dewpoint both -0.1 °C. Visibility 600 m in moderate snowfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭littlema

S Sligo got pasted.....3”s up in Carrigans & pandemonium down in Ballymote..... the other half took an hour to get home. :0

a1JMc6b.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

About 3 degrees in cork city. Heavy rain showers all day, maybe a bit of sleet in it but not much. Doesn't feel too cold either even though it's 3 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Lashing rain Meath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

littlema wrote: »
    S Sligo got pasted.....3”s up in Carrigans & pandemonium down in Ballymote..... the other half took an hour to get home. :0

a1JMc6b.jpg?1

Stop posting these great pictures. Your killing us in the east.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

Pouring rain in N. Donegal 😭😭 is it still on its way here? Please say yes

Advertisement