Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow/Ice warning: 26 / 27 / 28 Jan 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Nice to see the folks out west are getting a a dump of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

peasant wrote: »
    Nothing whatsoever is going to come out of this.

Why?

Because my car is on a full set of new winter tyres, that's why

I take everything back and claim the opposite :D:D:D

Worth every cent, those winter tyres ...driving from north Leitrim to Sligo this evening.

Learned something else tonight ...LED headlights are great as long as it isn't snowing heavily.
    Because them things don't get warm (at least not at the lens), they cake over with snow and then you're flying blind...not good when it's coming down hard.
    Had to pull over and scrape the snow off in order to be able to continue driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

nthclare wrote: »
    Just checked out bens surf cam in Lahinch it looks like its snowing there..

Can't copy and paste for some reason android isn't giving me the options.

https://g0.ipcamlive.com/player/player.php?alias=5ccb0357657cf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

The jealousy here in Dublin. Two years and still waiting for some of that white gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

A lot of precipitation out to the Northwest so interesting to see if that brings any more.

Last year on January 31st we had snow like this in Sligo. And I think 4 of the past 7 years now we have had a snow day end of January start of February.

However Kermit is better than Met Eireann, GFS, ECM and all of them for predicting snow. What's the secret? Is he MT Cranium in another guise?

A Kermit snow thread guarantees white gold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Best chance of any snow tonight id say...Hail then light sleety snow Galway right now...chance of it turning to snow only increases from now through the night;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

pauldry wrote: »
    A lot of precipitation out to the Northwest so interesting to see if that brings any more.

A lot of precipitation yet miraculously it seems to keep missing me here all day! Had about an hour of light spits of sleety snow around 7pm but nothing else all day

Looks to be a generous blob of precip arriving imminently though so lets see what that brings

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The jealousy here in Dublin. Two years and still waiting for some of that white gold.

Most likely we will have to wait for the next proper easterly to see white gold. There is still an outside chance of this happening in the time we have left for this winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Country wide yellow weather warning
    For snow and ice from met eireann now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Snowing in North Clare now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Oh, a dusting of ninja snow on the cars just now, wasn't there when I looked out a few minutes ago, Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Status Yellow - Snow/Ice warning for Ireland

Hazardous conditions in places overnight and Tuesday morning due to compacted snow and ice. Further snow showers also, heaviest in the southwest, west and north.

Valid: 22:00 Monday 27/01/2020 to 12:00 Tuesday 28/01/2020

Issued: 21:00 Monday 27/01/2020

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Very wet snow, but snow, in cork city at the moment. Just about snow. Is changing between sleet and snow a lot though.

EDIT: Became wet sleet again and stopped. Oh well got like 5 flakes

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Glasfield

Knock village, Co Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Snowing but not sticking in Cork south suburbs, still great to see. White gold!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,477 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I'm very jealous ye getting all that snow. Send some over to the east :D

Enjoy the beauty of it!!

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Moderate Snow - Limerick City!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

The absolute cheek of yee in the west. Hope all got to enjoy the white gold this evening!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Huge soft hail shower here near Tralee and snowing a bit after it.

Was 4.3C a short time ago and now 2.3C , DP -0.5C

AT6KvdU.jpg?1

wjEpc7X.jpg?1

0OwifjU.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Glasfield

This is in my driveway currently, has been snowing on and off since roughly 3pm. I know that a lot of places in the country don't have any snow but I just want to show to everyone what has fallen today. Still snowing lightly and very calm outside. Tradition in my house is that myself and my wife walk to the village for a few pints when it snows, pints have been had, home now. Kermit was spot on......yet again. Good man Kermit! Knock village, Co. Mayo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Best chance of any snow tonight id say...Hail then light sleety snow Galway right now...chance of it turning to snow only increases from now through the night;)
    Funny reading all these reports and and seeing pictures from other parts 'the wesht', as we haven't had any more snow here since that shower in the afternoon!

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Can someone build me a snowman and share a pic here?
    Loving all the pictures keep them coming, enjoying the updates from the white gold starved east :)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Donegal Ken

Many places across Donegal now with a good covering of snow. Showers are getting well inland across Ulster and giving accumulations in Derry and Tyrone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Knock's last manned report was at 9 pm when a 10-cm covering was measured, up 2 cm from 8 pm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Another big shower gone over here near Tralee.

Been breezy this evening but gone light now from the NW

2.2C

k75Gdi2.png

43OTBQd.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Is there more snow forecast for tonight? I've to drive a van from Limerick to Dublin and back again tonight. Leaving at 1am..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,701 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Approx. 7 cm. Mayo/Roscommon border.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭typhoony

Seem to be caught in the Galway Bay snow shadow here in the south county galway. shower to the south is going to just miss me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

No snow in Galway when i was leaving, then about 15 miles from home the road suddenly started to get white, closer to home the road was fully white, and there was some localised fog. There is over an inch on the ground at home.

• Advertisement

A close up giving a rough guide where there might be sleet and snow atm.

552UgJ3.png

WaWgtsp.png

SAjAtIb.png

temp_uk_qwi1.png

Advertisement