Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow/Ice warning: 26 / 27 / 28 Jan 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,753 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

kegg wrote: »
    Sleety rain in foxford too.

Actually snowing now in foxford, mayo.

CandidUnconsciousGangesdolphin-small.gif

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Has changed 2 snow now near knock airport and starting 2 stick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

CandidUnconsciousGangesdolphin-small.gif

:pac:

Love that celebration. Is getting snow as good as winning the world cup though?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Love that celebration. Is getting snow as good as winning the world cup though?!

To some people it is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Ireland is kinda like England in that respect. We had snow in 1947 and we still talk about. England and 1966. Enough said ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Sticking well now...but looking at the rador should clear soon unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Currently 2.6c in Arklow
    Dewpoint -1c

Some stuff heading in on the radar even here,should be some snowing on the hills here shortly at that I suppose

eastmayo wrote: »

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

The weather has changed drastically here in Donegal just now, all of a sudden the wind picked up and even seen a few flakes blow down with the squalls.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Percussive precipitation... Please don't ask me to go out there to see if it be wet or white...

BUT the last cat to seek refuge was still black when she wailed and came in.... Good enough for me!

So it is raining out here! Windy too...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

That's a recent cluster of sferics off the SW

Cc17Y3s.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

If anyone is missing a cat or a dog then they are probably down here in Wexford.

Píssing it down. The type of weather only suitable for canvassing politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Christ lads it's baltic!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the front didn't make it here in Meath, the middle section broke up completely and just gave some cloud. It's back to clear skies here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Limerick City outskirts

Dry and cool

Wouldn't fret about it.

There will be further heavy snow showers through Connaught and Ulster overnight with some areas seeing a pretty comprehensive covering by morning.

Wouldn't fret about it.

There will be further heavy snow showers through Connaught and Ulster overnight with some areas seeing a pretty comprehensive covering by morning.

Gee Kermit! That is quite a statement! Even out here?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,397 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Looks rather wet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭typhoony

That's a recent cluster of sferics off the SW
    those sferics just appeared on the Met Eireann rainfall radar at 8.20, I assume they are heading in a NW direction possibly Co.Clare

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

typhoony wrote: »
    those sferics just appeared on the Met Eireann rainfall radar at 8.20, I assume they are heading in a NW direction possibly Co.Clare

I was in Doonbeg earlier and heard a faint rumble far out at sea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Lashing sleety rain here near Arklow at the moment
    Quite a few wet flakes in it
    Rain rate up to 16.4mm/hr
    Must be interesting on the nearby hills

Graces7 wrote: »
    Gee Kermit! That is quite a statement! Even out here?

Maybe later in the night but it's always more marginal in exposed coastal areas. You'll probably see some flakes but not a covering.

Maybe later in the night but it's always more marginal in exposed coastal areas. You'll probably see some flakes but not a covering.

Sigh! All we can rely on out here is gales!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Was outside a couple of hours ago and surprised to see ice on the car, didn't think it was that cold. All melted now though with heavy sleet

• Registered Users Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

No snow here in Galway City- hopefully there will be some at home later!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

Drove Dublin to Sligo. Temperature went from 5c to 1c from Boyle heavy sleet

Now up to 2.2c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I missed the snow in 2018 as I was in hospital having a baby (lucky to get to the hospital) only seen it from the window&Facebook, so I would love a little snow day or two this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

By the looks of those models the cork snow shield is firmly up 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

A large chunk of the precipitation has gone North

Now frequent passing showers of rain hail sleet and snow.

Any whiteness will he short lived except on hills

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Dry as a bone here in Dublin, hopefully tomorrow we can get more intense snow/sleet showers our way by evening.

Or if we're lucky, overnight tonight! hehe

Advertisement