Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are all exit row seats unable to recline?

Options
  • 24-01-2020 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭

I have a long flight next month and I dont fancy someone in front of me reclining on my lap as im watching tv or trying to read (I dont want to start that can of worms!) so I want to pick a seat behind an exit row. Am I right that all exit rows cant recline? Tried to look at a few on seat guru and all it says is about the arm rest being immovable but not specifically that you cant recline..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I have a long flight next month and I dont fancy someone in front of me reclining on my lap as im watching tv or trying to read (I dont want to start that can of worms!) so I want to pick a seat behind an exit row. Am I right that all exit rows cant recline? Tried to look at a few on seat guru and all it says is about the arm rest being immovable but not specifically that you cant recline..

Exit row seats always recline in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I am not sure it is the same on every plane but if I recall rows that recline into an emergency row cannot recline

so, for example if 14 and 15 are exit rows then 13 and 14 cannot recline but 15 could

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Do you know what aircraft type it will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,690 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Inquitus wrote: »
    Exit row seats always recline in my experience.

On aircraft with double overwing exits there are usually two rows of exit row seats behind each other and the first row cannot recline

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

What Riskymove said.

On long haul flights, don't know any rows where you won't have that issue unless you book the exit row itself or business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I don't think Ryanair seats recline at all

L1011 wrote: »
    On aircraft with double overwing exits there are usually two rows of exit row seats behind each other and the first row cannot recline

Sometimes get an exit row on those and it gives me huge satisfaction when the person in front goes to recline just after take off and ends getting frustrated when it's not working. Though it's not usually as much of an issue on short haul anyway as the seats don't have that obnoxious "all the way into the lap of the person behind you" feature that the long haul seats have.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

long haul = all seats recline

short haul = a seat cannot recline into an exit row, so if you have row 13 & 14 as exit rows, row 13 will not recline but 14 will, except Ryanair where nothing reclines

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

for your planning flight look up seatguru.com.
    Input your airline, route and aircraft type. it will give info on best/worse seats and show which dont recline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Out of curiosity. Do you plan to recline your seat on the long haul flight or just sit up straight for the whole journey?

• Advertisement

Out of curiosity. Do you plan to recline your seat on the long haul flight or just sit up straight for the whole journey?

If it's a daytime flight, I'll sit up straight as much as possible out of courtesy to the person behind me if they're sitting up straight. On a night time flight, will recline when it's lights down and time to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Stark wrote: »
    If it's a daytime flight, I'll sit up straight as much as possible out of courtesy to the person behind me if they're sitting up straight. On a night time flight, will recline when it's lights down and time to sleep.

The only long haul flight Ive been on is to Dubai.

I never recline my seat as I tried it once. I find it more uncomfortable than sitting up.

Advertisement