Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HVAC for small music studio in old stone shed

• 24-01-2020 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi,

I'm currently considering renovating an old stone shed (slate roof, concrete floor) into a single room sound studio, for mixing mainly.

Any recommendations for a HVAC system? The plan is to use a room-within-a-room design, with lots of insulation all round for thermal and acoustic insulation.

So, if the room is heavily insulated and nearly airtight, I'll need a HVAC system.

Any suggestions on super cheap, super quiet options here in Ireland? It won't be in use full time, very little in summer, will usually only have one person working there, with no big racks or amps generating a lot of heat.

I'm looking into the mini-split option at the minute, although all these seems like overkill for a draughty stone shed in North Donegal (it will be sealed...).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Advertisement