Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New iMac

• 24-01-2020 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,833 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've a new iMac with 8g or ram. I'm running Photoshop, Indesign, Acrobat pro and Illustrater along with mail and the usual suspects. Getting a lot of beach ball transitioning from Photoshop to Illustrator. I've a new MacBook Pro and it's faster (same ram) for some reason and am force quitting a good bit.

When purchasing I honestly didn't think I'd by this busy and using CC as much as I am.

Both running with legit Adobe paid for CC. .

I'm hoping it's just a case of more ram? Any help or pointers appreciated 👍

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Would need more details of the specs of each machine. RAM surely is a factor, especially for that kind of usage, but I'd imagine HDD vs SSD may account for most of the speed difference. Virtual memory would be especially slow on a HDD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,833 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Right.. thanks so much for the reply Sad Professer. I'll boost up the ram first, see how that works out before annoying you with the rest of the details.

Advertisement