Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three children found dead mod note in post 1

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

The children’s mother has been arrested. The suspicion is that she sedated and then smothered the children.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/mother-arrested-on-suspicion-of-murdering-her-three-children-38904747.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Thanks guys. Needed to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

pjohnson wrote: »
    Thankfully they use the photo that doesnt have her in it.

I don't think she should be in the photos doing the rounds in the press either. But the dad put the photo out of the family altogether earlier through the Gardaí with that heartbreaking statement. Really don't think that it was appropriate that be published and as mentioned previously the man is bound to be totally incapable of rational thought or decisions in his current state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I don't think she should be in the photos doing the rounds in the press either. But the dad put the photo out of the family altogether earlier through the Gardaí with that heartbreaking statement. Really don't think that it was appropriate that be published and as mentioned previously the man is bound to be totally incapable of rational thought or decisions in his current state.

Why do you see her been in the photos as an issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Why do you see her been in the photos as an issue?

It's different for everyone but it doesn't sit well with me. Same reason why I don't think she should be buried alongside her children, ever, whenever that day comes for her. I feel somebody should have perhaps advised a totally broken man that issuing a family photo with her in it will have her splashed all over social media and the rag red tops here and to some extent the UK instantly. To a lesser extent, she is still alive, and her face is now very public. Whatever is left of her life is pretty much done now.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

I really think this thread should be locked out of respect for the children’s family and people who know them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

It's different for everyone but it doesn't sit well with me. Same reason why I don't think she should be buried alongside her children, ever, whenever that day comes for her. I feel somebody should have perhaps advised a totally broken man that issuing a family photo with her in it will have her splashed all over social media and the rag red tops here and to some extent the UK instantly. To a lesser extent, she is still alive, and her face is now very public. Whatever is left of her life is pretty much done now.

As you said, he’s a broken man, it can’t be easy when you’re in distress like that. I cannot even imagine a fraction of what he must be feeling. It’s so horrific. Every update on the news on this is so sad to read. My heart goes out to to both families, relatives, neighbours and friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

My own beliefs are she has lost any right to anonymity due to her suspected actions.
    A colleague of mine knows the father very well, severe post natal depression was mentioned. I'm not speculating on the cause but however believe what happened was not done by someone who was of a healthy mind. She will have to live what she has done and I suspect she will suffer everyday until she draws her last breathe.
    I suspect her final resting place will be with the children. It is early for the childrens father but forgiveness is vital to healing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

If she ever gets the help that she so desperately needs, and the realisation of what has been lost becomes clear, I’d imagine the reality of what occurred will be too much to deal with. It’s just so desperately sad.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,578 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If someone has been arrested I'm closing the thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement