Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three children found dead mod note in post 1

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

Its out there whats it leave it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Because it is a discussion board.

Three kids dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,135 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

<Mod Snip>

Provide a link or it's just speculation
    https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/gardai-rush-scene-three-children-17629570

This is the link reporting Gardaí believe the children were drugged or poisoned. Apologies for not including earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭con747

Can someone edit the title - there are many Newcastles.

THE BODIES OF three children have been found at a house in Dublin, gardaí have confirmed.

Gardaí are currently attending the scene of the incident at a house in Parson’s Court, Newcastle, Co Dublin. A tragedy, poor kids.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

I have edited the thread title to say Newcastle, Dublin

I have also removed a small number of posts that were nothing but baseless speculation on either what happened, or the reasons behind this tragic event. Please leave the speculating and lets discuss the facts as they have been reported so far.

Im just saying why the need to discuss this on here

Whats the point i think most know whats going on. Its just earning bleedin coin for this site on horror stories. Which in personally think is bleedin disgusting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Checkmate19 you have made 6 posts in this thread and 4 of them are complaining about the existence of the thread itself.

Report individual posts you feel are inappropriate or move along please

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭creeper1

shocking. I have been there before. it's just a tiny village with a relatively well off population. (unless it has changed in the intervening 15 years )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Absolutely heartbreaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

creeper1 wrote: »
    shocking. I have been there before. it's just a tiny village with a relatively well off population. (unless it has changed in the intervening 15 years )

these kinda things happen to well off people too...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Heartbreaking may they rest in peace.

Also let's not forget about the first responders who also have to process what they've been called to

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Obviously we cant imagine what the immediate family are going through but spare a thought for the ES personal who were first on the scene. Don't think any training could prepare you for that.

Especially any who are parents of young kids themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,781 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Obviously we cant imagine what the immediate family are going through but spare a thought for the ES personal who were first on the scene. Don't think any training could prepare you for that.

Tough Job

RIP

What about the parents?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Ah **** - horrible news to hear - those poor children - R.I.P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod- Threads merged with the one from AH. Read the op. Any speculation will result in severe sanction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I kinda figured we were ****ed when I was seeing lots of suicides around me over the past few years. Whole communities ravaged by it and the stats not correlating. A lot of them recorded as death by misadventure.

As a society we really are at the point we need to evaluate where we are. And what our priorities are.

Jesus I don't think things are that bad to be honest, I live in a lovely rural area 45 minutes from Limerick city, lovely community around here, 2 miles from a lovely little village where all the community are looking out for each other, great GAA club, 3 pubs in the general area, etc. I think alot of it boils down to big urban areas where people don't even know their next door neighbour and thus no sense of community, no personal relationships/friendships being formed, we need to go back to basics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

GoneHome wrote: »
    Jesus I don't think things are that bad to be honest, I live in a lovely rural area 45 minutes from Limerick city, lovely community around here, 2 miles from a lovely little village where all the community are looking out for each other, great GAA club, 3 pubs in the general area, etc. I think alot of it boils down to big urban areas where people don't even know their next door neighbour and thus no sense of community, no personal relationships/friendships being formed, we need to go back to basics

Seems legit, nothing goes wrong in quaint lovely villages.

People in cities somehow don't make friends or relationships....? Are you saying your neighbours are your only option for companionship?

This also contradicts the image being portrayed in recent years that Rural Ireland™ is in crisis with rocketing suicides, everyone in fear of their lives, rampant robberies, no jobs, widespread drug use etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

GoneHome wrote: »

I know of another village in Limerick and it's also about 45 minutes from the city.
    It's lovely.
    People are close.
    Nice people.
    Great GAA club.
    It and it's surrounding area has had loads of suicides in the past few years and the locals are simply shocked. Originally they were lot's of talking about your feelings,etc but now they don't know what to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Lazare

This happened about 300m from my house, in the next estate. My 5 year old daughter's little pal lives over there. That little girl is friends with the little girl who died.

My daughter was at birthday parties with them. Still unsure if my little one was a close friend or knew the little girl well. Bracing for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Gardaí are expected to launch a triple murder investigation after the bodies of three young children were found in a house in Co Dublin last evening.
    A woman, believed to be the children’s mother, was being treated in hospital after she was found in a distressed and disorientated state outside the property at Parson’s Court, Newcastle.
    Garda sources last night stressed the investigation into the deaths of the children, two boys and a girl aged four, eight and 10 years, was only beginning. However, they had found no evidence so far of anyone else in the house around the time the children died and there were no signs of a break-in at the property.

Source: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/bodies-of-three-young-children-found-in-house-in-dublin-1.4150670

RIP

Lazare wrote: »
    This happened about 300m from my house, in the next estate. My 5 year old daughter's little pal lives over there. That little girl is friends with the little girl who died.

My daughter was at birthday parties with them. Still unsure if my little one was a close friend or knew the little girl well. Bracing for it.

Not an easy thing to explain to children of that age.

RIP to those innocent kids. I’m just hoping and praying that their deaths were painless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Lazare

Really? Oh dear.

What was the family situation in general there? Was there trouble in the family?

The woman is a friend of a friend, I personally don't know her. She apparently had been suffering mental health problems lately. That's as much as I know really.

Don't really want to speculate any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭tnegun

This is just so upsetting, I have 4 myself 3 under 10 . I just imagine they went off to school yesterday just like my kids and every other primary kid in the country for their day to end like that :( plus I pass not too far from there on my commute brings it even closer to home RIP little ones

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,578 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'm closing this as despite numerous warnings speculation has been rife. There is nothing more that can usefully be said on this matter at this time so please do not think you can start another thread

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Thread reopened. Any speculation on any aspect of what happened without verifiable reported info will result in an instant ban. Any arguing of whinging on thread will be carded.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭Be right back

Feel so much for their dad. What a terrible loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The contents of the note scarily similar to what that Hawe fella left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Feel so much for their dad. What a terrible loss.
    inconceivable pain. god help him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement