Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N11 stillorgan to UCD UPGRADE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Badly needed, but I wonder what level of short term pain will have to be endured. Couldn't find any drawings or the planning docs when I had a search there.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭work

You really hope this could be the start of policy and action for well designed segregated cycle lanes...You know what hope did?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Stillorgan Road is a key route in the city linking Bray and the City Centre with about 800 cyclists using the route each weekday in each direction.
    Way more cyclist than that use that cycle lane during UCD term time. The sensor on the path misses alot of cyclists.

Also would like to see drawings, the description could indicate a complete cluster f*ck where drivers will no plough through a dedicated crossing.

I move out to the bus lane from before Stillorgan rise until after Fosters Avenue. It looks more dangerous but I feel it is far safer.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

CramCycle wrote: »
    Way more cyclist than that use that cycle lane during UCD term time. The sensor on the path misses alot of cyclists.

Also would like to see drawings, the description could indicate a complete cluster f*ck where drivers will no plough through a dedicated crossing.

I move out to the bus lane from before Stillorgan rise until after Fosters Avenue. It looks more dangerous but I feel it is far safer.

The sensor only catches me occasionally, so must miss a lot of bike traffic. You have to be the right edge of the track me thinks.

On the works, I hope they tackle the bike lane heading into town on path as it intersects kilmacud road up to Stillorgan village - it has a terrible surface then dumps you round the corner blind to left turning vehicles. I take the road, but it shouldn’t be thus.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

flatface wrote: »
    The sensor only catches me occasionally, so must miss a lot of bike traffic. You have to be the right edge of the track me thinks.

On the works, I hope they tackle the bike lane heading into town on path as it intersects kilmacud road up to Stillorgan village - it has a terrible surface then dumps you round the corner blind to left turning vehicles. I take the road, but it shouldn’t be thus.

I take the bus lane before the turn and then bunny hop over the lip on the other side if there is traffic behind, I stay in the lane if there is nothing. It is so badly laid out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 fizzyorange420

take that road daily its an absolute disgrace hte state of it. the further out you go the worse it gets, theres been a gravel sector out at cabinteely for 2 months now

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fizzyorange420

CramCycle wrote: »

That part is stupid, why does it turn so much and split the path and the road, you do the safer thing imho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

2m wide cycle paths, my god! More of that please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Scroll to the end of this link for the consultation maps plus this. I think they give the idea what may be planned - I have not seen any finalised maps yet. Feedback given last year by Dublin Cycling campaign.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

Advertisement