Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commercial insurance on a 27 year old jeep

Options
  • 25-01-2020 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi , I'm struggling to get a quote anywhere for a pajero 2.8 1993. Every insurance company I have spoken with so far says they won't insure a commercial vehicle that is over 20 years . Can't get classic insurance on a commercial vehicle either. ..any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Are you using it as an everyday vehicle? Ir as a second machine

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Senor Frog

Are you using it as an everyday vehicle? Ir as a second machine

Every day vehicle was the plan .

Senor Frog wrote: »
    Every day vehicle was the plan .

Ah right if it was a 2nd vehicle you could go down the iveta classic insurance route does not matter if its commercial or not.

Ah right if it was a 2nd vehicle you could go down the iveta classic insurance route does not matter if its commercial or not.

Thanks for the information, it's much appreciated . I was under the impression having spoken with AXA that classic insurance was not available on commercial vehicles.

I really like the vehicle in question and think it has good potential as a project . My preference would have been to have it as an everyday vehicle , however I'm not opposed to having it as a second vehicle and keeping my current car as is .

Can you shed any light on what type of cost classic insurance would cost on this vehicle with Iveta ? Is it difficult to secure the insurance ?

Edit : rang one of the people listed on their website , he said that there insurance only covers you actually driving to and from vintage rally's and nothing more ...

Thanks for the information, it's much appreciated . I was under the impression having spoken with AXA that classic insurance was not available on commercial vehicles.

I really like the vehicle in question and think it has good potential as a project . My preference would have been to have it as an everyday vehicle , however I'm not opposed to having it as a second vehicle and keeping my current car as is .

Can you shed any light on what type of cost classic insurance would cost on this vehicle with Iveta ? Is it difficult to secure the insurance ?

Edit : rang one of the people listed on their website , he said that there insurance only covers you actually driving to and from vintage rally's and nothing more ...

330 blips on my xj cherokee commerical. I'm mileage restricted alright and cant drive it work ie commuting but noting about to and from vintage rallys on my policy but to be fair I only ever bring it out in winter or to a 4x4 day

• Advertisement

330 blips on my xj cherokee commerical. I'm mileage restricted alright and cant drive it work ie commuting but noting about to and from vintage rallys on my policy but to be fair I only ever bring it out in winter or to a 4x4 day

Do you mind me asking what the annual mileage is restricted to ? Does it explicitly say on the policy that you can't drive it for commuting? Interested to know the wording ....

Thanks

Do you mind me asking what the annual mileage is restricted to ? Does it explicitly say on the policy that you can't drive it for commuting? Interested to know the wording ....

Thanks

7500 kilometres per year and it says social only- non work related. Plus you have to have a normal full policy to even avail of this in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Fbd are a great company in this regard but you probably would need to have some relationship with them .Have you house insurance or anything else that you could barter with to get a quote ,you should get to local office and grovel they wont entertain you if you only ring

7500 kilometres per year and it says social only- non work related. Plus you have to have a normal full policy to even avail of this in the first place

Thanks for that . Tbh that probably suits me better as it would allow me to take my time with the project rather than have to do it up while trying to fit it around being the daily driver .

Edit : rang they guy from IVETA back and he is adamant that the insurance only covers driving to static vintage shows and absolutely nothing more ...

cute geoge wrote: »
    Fbd are a great company in this regard but you probably would need to have some relationship with them .Have you house insurance or anything else that you could barter with to get a quote ,you should get to local office and grovel they wont entertain you if you only ring

Thanks for info ,I'll try call to the local office during the week and see what they say

• Advertisement

Thanks for that . Tbh that probably suits me better as it would allow me to take my time with the project rather than have to do it up while trying to fit it around being the daily driver .

Edit : rang they guy from IVETA back and he is adamant that the insurance only covers driving to static vintage shows and absolutely nothing more ...

Yep that's prob to deter any tom dick and harry but my insurance policy says absolutely noting about shows but does specifically outline social only

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Whocare

Hi , I'm struggling to get a quote anywhere for a pajero 2.8 1993. Every insurance company I have spoken with so far says they won't insure a commercial vehicle that is over 20 years . Can't get classic insurance on a commercial vehicle either. ..any suggestions?

Sheridan insurance might be worth a call got insurance there recently on 2003 navara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement