Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Views on Glencurrig Douglas

Options
  • 25-01-2020 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there, a friend is looking to buy a place and has recently seen a house in Glencurrig. I don’t live in the city so I’m not much help to him. We did a bit of a search online and all we can find is that it seems to be a bit dodgy a few years ago. Anyone know if the estate is nice these days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭cantalach

Some lovely people living there, including good friends of my kids. But I wouldn’t live there. Sorry if this offends anyone who does but opinions were sought and that’s mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DeclanCork123

cantalach wrote: »
    Some lovely people living there, including good friends of my kids. But I wouldn’t live there. Sorry if this offends anyone who does but opinions were sought and that’s mine.

Is there a lot of trouble in the area or just in that estate? Thanks

Is there a lot of trouble in the area or just in that estate? Thanks

Well it's quite a large estate with various different parts to it. I wouldn't know the specifics.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

cantalach wrote: »

Why?

Why?

Hey, don’t suppose you know the area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Hey, don’t suppose you know the area?

I'm afraid not.

I just thought that saying that you wouldn't live there without giving a reason a bit unhelpful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

its a corporation estate in douglas full of wackers -I wouldn't fancy it

I'm afraid not.

I just thought that saying that you wouldn't live there without giving a reason a bit unhelpful.

Sorry, missed your question. My kids have had bad experiences there. And my kids’ friends living there have had some eye-opening tales.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Hi there, a friend is looking to buy a place and has recently seen a house in Glencurrig. I don’t live in the city so I’m not much help to him. We did a bit of a search online and all we can find is that it seems to be a bit dodgy a few years ago. Anyone know if the estate is nice these days?
    I thought corpo houses weren't for sale I could be wrong is he on a transfer from another corpo estate or something never seen a house up for sale down there be amazed if someone actually bought a house down there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

I know someone living there since they were built, they are now in advanced years and wouldn’t change any of it, I also went out with someone in a neighbouring estate years ago, it was never an issue. Ballincurrig court was however

• Advertisement

mean gene wrote: »
    I thought corpo houses weren't for sale I could be wrong is he on a transfer from another corpo estate or something never seen a house up for sale down there be amazed if someone actually bought a house down there

No not on a transfer list. The house is for private sale, he didn’t mention if it was previously a council house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

mean gene wrote: »

The corpo will sell any of their stock except for the following:

Ground floor apartments
    Houses adapted for disabled people
    properties in excess of 3 bedrooms

No not on a transfer list. The house is for private sale, he didn’t mention if it was previously a council house

It may not have been. Some parts of Glencurrig look like they were always owner-occupied.

Advertisement