Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quad advice

• 25-01-2020 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭

Evening all,

So a quick question on quads, and truth be told.im fairly new to farming and between one thing and another I've been thinking of buying a quad for light work around the place, mainly be used for a small trailer to bring about fencing supplies, a bit of weed licking and spreading fertiliser, the ground is fair enough flat the odd gentle hill, nothing major, wouldnt be getting used every day or looking too pull too much behind it, so basically for my budget I can seem to get a honda 300 or 350 4x4, for what I'm looking to do with it would that be large enough? Or should I keep the head down save a bit more and buy something bigger?
    Just looking for advice from people who's got experience of them, or any advice really, and I dont want to go down the finance route for newer and bigger engine untill I get on my feet a bit been completely honest about it.
    Any input welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 pingg10

i use a honda 420 for all those jobs you would need 350 at least especially for fert spreading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭jus_tin4

we use a yamaha 350(cant imagine there been too much of a difference?) and it done anything we ask of it from pull trailers full of fencing gear to pull a chain scraper that lost the chain and needed pulling back together to having weed spraying. unless there is some serious work you need the extra HP for then 350 will more than likely cover most imo

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Hagimalone

a 300 would do the job, no bother, they are a great quad

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭ppn

jus_tin4 wrote: »
    we use a yamaha 350(cant imagine there been too much of a difference?) and it done anything we ask of it from pull trailers full of fencing gear to pull a chain scraper that lost the chain and needed pulling back together to having weed spraying. unless there is some serious work you need the extra HP for then 350 will more than likely cover most imo

Is the Yamaha automatic? How is it for wet ground, hills, etc. Plenty power?

Advertisement