Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opinions please

• 25-01-2020 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

i have been undergoing physio, have had 2 sessions so far
    each session, I was charged 70 euro
    my parent's having to cover them atm as I'm waiting for money to be approved
    today, physio therapist came to my house with some medication he had, so I wouldn't have to pay 60 euro for another prescription, and along with the tablets, there was an envelope
    when it was opened, we found that there was 100 euro in it, along with a note that said, ' for coffee and dr '
    I have not, at any time, alluded to the fact, we were poor, had no money nothing
    I knew he had meds, and asked him last night if someone could pop to him to get. he offered to bring them down, but I never in a million years expected the envelope, or its contents
    i do think its slightly strange, but my entire family are freaking out about it. It was one of them that opened it. saying its weird, etc
    he's a friend of my dad's, so is it as weird as everyone thinks, or just someone trying to be kind?
    My dad is against medication and because of this, and because I thought things were on the mend a bit, i didn't take meds yesterday till evening, but I over did it I think, doing exercise, and was in very bad pain last night. This morning, I went to get up, and couldn't. Ended up in tears on the floor, it had been a while since it happened like that, because the meds were starting to work, presumably
    then my dad asking me all accusing, why this person is giving me money...... How should I know??????
    Appreciate opinions please
    Someone is going to write a text later, saying we're not accepting the money.
    Edit to add, I can't see, that's why someone opened the envelope, and I have a prolapsed disk, not sciatica as originally thought.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I would say he left it maybe by accident?

Ask him did he forget money when he visited?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭afterglow

qwerty13 wrote: »
    Come on. Left it ‘by accident’ with a note. I haven’t reported some of your posts, because well they don’t quite cross the threshold. Just about. And I try constantly to give you the benefit of the doubt. But bloody hell, you give some really odd and frankly strange ‘advice’

hi @qwerty13
    I wish it had indeed been an ' accident ', alas, I think not
    I wrote yesterday, just saying sentiment appreciated etc, but not something I could accept. He just said no big deal, so next session, we'll make sure he gets it back, and let that be an end to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Sounds like he's trying to be nice, but I'd advise against taking the pills, he's not legally able to prescribe drugs. The 100e is also a lot, I'd give it back personally too.

If you're seeing results with the guy then tell him that you appreciate his expertise and that he's helping you a lot, but you want everything above ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭the14thwarrior

go with the gut but look at it with non judgemental eyes.
    i did a similar thing, and enclosed half my fee in the post to the people.
    because they had very little money.
    whats the problem.
    whats the harm.

i'd be horrified if i thought that family were talking about it the same way your family were thinking about it.
    and my customers were strangers.

i dunno.
    perhaps you are all overthinking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Honestly I put money in envelopes for myself with notes 'this is for the dentist' 'this is for going out on sat' or with it written on the envelope.

Its a way of putting money aside to remind me. Its being organized. Its not weird or over a threshold at all. I sometimes keep them in my bag so it wouldnt be impossible for one to fall out of my purse etc.

OP.

Its very odd. Physios CANNOT prescribe meds for you.

So what he is doing is dodgy. I would see a different physio.

They have a code of ethics to uphold. It doesn't bode well that he is crossing a few professional lines.

He ought to know he can't prescribe meds.

I have had dentists or docs wave their fee for me a couple of times. But this is ....odd.

Also my dentist is female ...she is just very nice. And my Dr has known me since i was a toddler and my entire family know him. So its diff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭joeguevara

A physio can only prescribe medication if under the direct authority of a doctor. Giving medication is certainly not normal or legal.

Has there been any undertones of him wanting more from you. I think you need to think carefully before continuing any further sessions.

The fact that he is a friend of your dad maybe explain why he did it. But maybe not.

Advertisement