Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wall mounted postbox

• 25-01-2020 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Looking where I might get a nice wall mounted postbox? I’ve looked in Woodies and local DIY store but in my opinion they are all very old fashioned. I’ve seen some nice stainless steel/chrome on modern houses just don’t know where I could pick one up? Also looked online but not seeing much. Any suggestions? I’m putting in a grey composite door so looking for something which would look well with this.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whodafunk

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Thanks guys for the replies. So I got a nice stainless steel postbox from the site listed. I mounted it. Probably is now I have outside lights (up/down style) and the light is reflecting off the steel postbox. Freaked - never thought of this when putting it up! Anyone else had this issue?

My only options are move postbox (limited space) or different colour which would not reflect the light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Why is it a problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

What's the recommended material for wall mounted post boxes that will last? Need to source one myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Can't only An Post put items into this? Granted most things I buy are delivered by them but sometimes a courier would deliver thigns that can fit in a post box but those ones don't have a slot in them.

I'd thought about one of these alright but they do seem to be for An Post deliveries and post only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Wheety wrote: »
    Can't only An Post put items into this? Granted most things I buy are delivered by them but sometimes a courier would deliver thigns that can fit in a post box but those ones don't have a slot in them.

So you want just an open box ?. How would the courier gain access if it wasn't. Therefore what's the point anyone can open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

listermint wrote: »
    So you want just an open box ?. How would the courier gain access if it wasn't. Therefore what's the point anyone can open

?

I have no letterbox in my door. I have a post box that the postman or a courier can put stuff in. If it's too big, it wouldn't have fit in my letter box anyway.

It can't be opened by anyone.

It was to replace a letterbox. If you want to be able to receive bigger parcels then Deliverybox could be suitable but I either get larger items sent to my parent's house or Parcel Motel/An Post's equivalent.

• Advertisement

Ya, I guess it's a weigh up between a normal wall hung post box (anyone can put letters into) vs a delivery box (only an post can put letters into), or have both.

Likewise, we won't have a letterbox in the door so have to get an external postbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

jammer84 wrote: »
    Ya, I guess it's a weigh up between a normal wall hung post box (anyone can put letters into) vs a delivery box (only an post can put letters into), or have both.

Likewise, we won't have a letterbox in the door so have to get an external postbox.

My point made.

Advertisement