Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wellbeing my Ars*!

• 26-01-2020 12:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

This made my blood boil.
    Met a teacher last night who lost her partner recently.
    Her colleagues in school including the Principal were absolutely brillant and could not do enough for her.She was really grateful to have such help nearby at such a difficult time.
    Unfortunately the Body that preaches WELLBEING and all that taking care of each other stuff never as much as sent her an email saying sorry for her loss etc.
    Oh how shameful ETB,how fcukin shameful!

I explored this situation further and actually found that most other organisations send at,the very least,an email passing on their condolences to any employee that suffers a loss to immediate family members something that I assumed was automatic and yet here we have a fcukin organisation that only looks after the Golden Circle members ...................WELLBEING my ars*!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Who is The Body that preaches Wellbeing???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

To be fair, if I’d lost a loved one, I’m quite sure I wouldn’t care if someone I’d barely heard of and wouldn’t recognise in person from the ETB emailed me.
    Edit - or didn’t, for that matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Sorry ethical, I can't say I agree. It's something that might be mentioned at a staff meeting or a BOM meeting and condolences are expressed and noted in the minutes. Not sure it's necessary for the ETB to send out condolences when they may not know the circumstances. And they may not know for weeks in reality because the P/DP is putting teachers into the system for various absences on a daily basis, but I'm guessing that HR/Payroll aren't looking at this on a daily basis.

As far as I'm concerned the ETB are a faceless corporate body, I'm not sure I'd want an email from them, it would feel a bit fake as it would be a generic email from some poor sod in HR who was allocated the task of writing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Treppen

Sorry ethical, I can't say I agree. It's something that might be mentioned at a staff meeting or a BOM meeting and condolences are expressed and noted in the minutes. Not sure it's necessary for the ETB to send out condolences when they may not know the circumstances. And they may not know for weeks in reality because the P/DP is putting teachers into the system for various absences on a daily basis, but I'm guessing that HR/Payroll aren't looking at this on a daily basis.

As far as I'm concerned the ETB are a faceless corporate body, I'm not sure I'd want an email from them, it would feel a bit fake as it would be a generic email from some poor sod in HR who was allocated the task of writing it.

I suspect he means a Wellbeing team among the staff, like an SSE Team or Policy Team .

More a job for the Social Committee I think OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Treppen wrote: »
    I suspect he means a Wellbeing team among the staff, like an SSE Team or Policy Team .

More a job for the Social Committee I think OP.

Well he actually says the ETB are shameful, and that the principal and staff colleagues were great, so I'd imagine he was referring to head office.

• Advertisement
Advertisement