Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone Siro Problems So Far

• 26-01-2020 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Just before Christmas a Vodafone employee called to my door with his badge van and Vodafone jacket. He offered me 1 gigabyte broadband for only €40 a month. At first I thought he was a bit confused and I told him are you sure it's for the 1000mb he said yes what speed are you on I said 250mb with virgin so he said will give you the 1gb for just €40.

I'm not one to buy things on my doorstep so I asked him to call back later on the evening. After some hours later he returns we discussed terms and I signed up for 1gb siro. Very next day I received an email saying welcome to Vodafone and another that gave me my customer number as well as the bill I was going to pay and my bill is €80 a month.

Because Christmas came around I had to wait till after holidays to contact Vodafone only for the employee on the other line not to have a clue how I got the deal for €40 also she didn't even know the package I wanted. According to the lady I can get the 1GB broadband for 25 for 6 months and 55 after that however she believed the broadband speed will be reduced after the 6 months unless I pay the full 80 which makes absolutely no sense at all. At the time I was recording this and I really wish I kept this recording because it's f****** hilarious. As a joke, my friend at work told me how about you go into the Vodafone shop and see what they offer you and of course because it's near my work I did. Honestly thinking I'd get yet another completely different offer.

So I go into a shop in town explain everything that happened and the lady couldn't have been any nicer she said not only will she give me the 25 deal but she will also hand me a printed copy of my contract to prove that is the deal I get and you will not reduce after a year. I thought about it for a while left the shop came back later that day and yes I signed up for it. Most people wouldn't have after the experience so far but I wanted it. After everything, I finally get the correct email saying the correct information about the contract I was so happy...

and then Vodafone phone messed up again.

On the 15th of January they were supposed to call out and install my new siro broadband between the hours of 9 and 1 pm yet no one called. Of course i had to leave work just for this I never got a phone call saying they weren't coming nothing. When i contacted them no one knew anything yet again. Today January 25th after ordering it before Christmas the finally installed my 1gb broadband. They showed me a speedtest it was amazing 932mb download and 190 upload. I even tested it on my PC which the modem is next to and i got the same speed. Amazing i thought finally after all this time. The lads packaged up and went away it took them less than an hour.

Oh wait there's more. When i checked to see if the house phone was working I thought best ring my moblie to see and what do you know they never ported my old house phone number I've had for years. I have a complete new number great another 40mins on hold at this stage im up to 3 hours on hold to them since day one. They tell me to get a number from virgin and of cousre another 20mins waiting only for the internet mid-conversation to cut and basically die which cut the phone call. Yes this is getting long but lets go. Luckily I had the technicians number that installed it I ran him and he told me he'd return later that day which he did. It turns out a part inside the Siro swtich box just died. He told me this usually happens one or twice a year but I was just unlucky. Well you know what it F'in just happened again what a load of crap this servicve has been. I've never had more crap server from any other company in my life WTF. All i was doing is playing a game on my PC and the Siro swtich box broke again. The cable inside a case just dies all by its self and now it's just flashing red. The technician told me if i see red on the switch it means i have to call out

I just plugged my old Virgin modem back in and everything is perfectly fine. More than likely canceling Siro in the morning it's absolutely a joke. Sorry for such a long post but my god

Edit: Oh another thing with Virign media i pay for 250 i get around 240 or so. With Siro I noticed it was 900 then 400 then 300 it was all over the place. I thought fiber removes all of that BS. Virgin is on cable i get what i paid for

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

nani17 wrote: »
    Just before Christmas a Vodafone employee called to my door with his badge van and Vodafone jacket. He offered me 1 gigabyte broadband for only €40 a month. At first I thought he was a bit confused and I told him are you sure it's for the 1000mb he said yes what speed are you on I said 250mb with virgin so he said will give you the 1gb for just €40.

I'm not one to buy things on my doorstep so I asked him to call back later on the evening. After some hours later he returns we discussed terms and I signed up for 1gb siro. Very next day I received an email saying welcome to Vodafone and another that gave me my customer number as well as the bill I was going to pay and my bill is €80 a month.

Because Christmas came around I had to wait till after holidays to contact Vodafone only for the employee on the other line not to have a clue how I got the deal for €40 also she didn't even know the package I wanted. According to the lady I can get the 1GB broadband for 25 for 6 months and 55 after that however she believed the broadband speed will be reduced after the 6 months unless I pay the full 80 which makes absolutely no sense at all. At the time I was recording this and I really wish I kept this recording because it's f****** hilarious. As a joke, my friend at work told me how about you go into the Vodafone shop and see what they offer you and of course because it's near my work I did. Honestly thinking I'd get yet another completely different offer.

So I go into a shop in town explain everything that happened and the lady couldn't have been any nicer she said not only will she give me the 25 deal but she will also hand me a printed copy of my contract to prove that is the deal I get and you will not reduce after a year. I thought about it for a while left the shop came back later that day and yes I signed up for it. Most people wouldn't have after the experience so far but I wanted it. After everything, I finally get the correct email saying the correct information about the contract I was so happy...

and then Vodafone phone messed up again.

On the 15th of January they were supposed to call out and install my new siro broadband between the hours of 9 and 1 pm yet no one called. Of course i had to leave work just for this I never got a phone call saying they weren't coming nothing. When i contacted them no one knew anything yet again. Today January 25th after ordering it before Christmas the finally installed my 1gb broadband. They showed me a speedtest it was amazing 932mb download and 190 upload. I even tested it on my PC which the modem is next to and i got the same speed. Amazing i thought finally after all this time. The lads packaged up and went away it took them less than an hour.

Oh wait there's more. When i checked to see if the house phone was working I thought best ring my moblie to see and what do you know they never ported my old house phone number I've had for years. I have a complete new number great another 40mins on hold at this stage im up to 3 hours on hold to them since day one. They tell me to get a number from virgin and of cousre another 20mins waiting only for the internet mid-conversation to cut and basically die which cut the phone call. Yes this is getting long but lets go. Luckily I had the technicians number that installed it I ran him and he told me he'd return later that day which he did. It turns out a part inside the Siro swtich box just died. He told me this usually happens one or twice a year but I was just unlucky. Well you know what it F'in just happened again what a load of crap this servicve has been. I've never had more crap server from any other company in my life WTF. All i was doing is playing a game on my PC and the Siro swtich box broke again. The cable inside a case just dies all by its self and now it's just flashing red. The technician told me if i see red on the switch it means i have to call out

I just plugged my old Virgin modem back in and everything is perfectly fine. More than likely canceling Siro in the morning it's absolutely a joke. Sorry for such a long post but my god

Edit: Oh another thing with Virign media i pay for 250 i get around 240 or so. With Siro I noticed it was 900 then 400 then 300 it was all over the place. I thought fiber removes all of that BS. Virgin is on cable i get what i paid for

If you are considering cancelling and staying with Virgin then it might be the right move. If they were available to me I would seriously consider the switch.

I too have SIRO (not through Vodafone but with Digiweb). I chose the 1GB option. For the 12 months up to December 1st last my speeds were usually on average 900+ down and 200 up. However after that date speeds collapsed to between 300 and 450mbps down and have not changed much since. The upload speeds remained virtually the same. I carried out the usual checks (modem & ONT reset, replaced ethernet cables) but no improvements. Contacted technical support who initially could not understand such a drop in speeds and escalated it to second level support. They in turn sent out a replacement modem, which made no impact. With this the second level support person logged a call with SIRO who despite getting sample speed tests from me insisted there was no issue with their network or connection into my home and if a field engineer was to call there could be a callout fee of up to €200 (inc. VAT). The second level support person still has the call open in the hope that SIRO will resolve this even if it means sending the engineer without cost out of goodwill. Let's see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Vodafone = Clown Shoes. You'd be mad to sign up to that crowd for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭eastie17

as well, you dont get the over the internet, door to door cooling off period if you go into the shop
    Found this to my cost while engaged in a family port over to vodafone cluster **** before Christmas. One of the phones is still stuck between eir and vodafone. Joke of a compan

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭nani17

Update to the situation.

Decided to cancel the contract with them due to it still not working one week later and no one contacting me about the fix. Lady on the phone said that I will have to pay a fee for cancelling the contract early. I reminded her of the 14 day cooling off period which she somehow forgot. In the end I wasn't charge and I had to drop the modem to the nearest Vodafone store.

Worst company I've ever dealt with. Waste of time

Advertisement