Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2020 Ge - Poll for Louth.

• 26-01-2020 1:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

FF (Declan Breathnach/James Byrne)

SF (Imelda Munster/Ruairi Ó Murchu)

FG (Fergus O'Dowd/John McGahon)

RENUA (Eamon Sweeney)

LABOUR(Ged Nash)

GREEN PARTY (Mark Dearey)

PBP(Audrey Fergus)

IFP(Cathal Ó Murchu)

IND(David Bradley)

IND(Topanga Bird)

IND(Albert Byrne)

IND(Peter Fitzpatrick)
    Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

So it's party only? I'm stumped because I'll vote for one of them but not the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Hard to please everyone bud.
    Be well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

I think the poll should reflect the actual ballot paper ie. Vote for the person not the party.
    Would it really have taken so much longer to include all the options?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Says I don't have permission to vote on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Those who are voting for sinn Fein , may I ask why. How will they enforce what they say they are going to do. I know we need change but are they up to the job. Just look at their candidate last week who obviously wasn't well versed on their aims.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

LOUD NOISES
    FG ARE EVIL
    FF ARE EVIL
    THEY BOTH RUINED THE COUNTRY
    LOUD NOISES

thats seems to be their plan tbh

I think the poll should reflect the actual ballot paper ie. Vote for the person not the party.
    Would it really have taken so much longer to include all the options?

Believe it or not it was a pain in the ass creating the bloody poll!
    Sorry if it's not what you expected.
    :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

whelan2 wrote: »
    Those who are voting for sinn Fein , may I ask why. How will they enforce what they say they are going to do. I know we need change but are they up to the job. Just look at their candidate last week who obviously wasn't well versed on their aims.

I’m rocking back and forth between SF and FF currently

The issue is if you want change, there’s not really much options.

FG is more of the same from the last eight years.
    FF are in the best position to take charge, might change but might not.
    SF offer the most change but aren’t running in enough seats (afaik) to actually take charge.
    Beyond them, it’s a selection of small parties and independents who will realistically never be in a position to make any change.

Basically, if you want a genuine change, even if you acknowledge SF probably can’t do a lot of what they say, at least they are saying they want genuine change. If you see FF and FG as two side should of the same coin, SF are really the only option you have who talk about change and might, might be in a position to try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Says I don’t have permission to vote on it ?

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Says I don’t have permission to vote on it ?

Cant understand why that would happen.
    Reported to mods to see if there is a prob.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Poll looks fine to me, I've just put a vote in so not sure why others can't, unless they have already voted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

"you do not have permission to vote on this poll"

May delete and start a new one OP

"you do not have permission to vote on this poll"

May delete and start a new one OP

👍Cheers.

Maybe a mod could rectify or see what mistake i made here?
    Otherwise i will start new poll.

Sorry to anyone who is locked out atm.
    Hopefully it gets sorted.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

There isn't many options to reset the poll, but I have made one change. If anyone who has not already voted can confirm, that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Raffo69

Won't let me vote either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

delly wrote: »
    There isn't many options to reset the poll, but I have made one change. If anyone who has not already voted can confirm, that would be great.

It worked fine for me just now, I was able to vote , I wasn't last night.
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Fine for me although not my actual choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

I'll be voting for Deary, the Green canditate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Finally worked for me on desktop

I dunno whats shocked me more: That the shinners have 9 votes or Fitzer has 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

event wrote: »
    Not that shocking is it? Shinners traditionally do well around these parts and Fitzpatrick's in the conversation in the battle for tgat fifth and final seat. Heard Ivan Yates break down the Louth constituency today and he reckons Breathach, O'Mhurchu, O'Dowd, Nash and and James Byrne will get in. Can't see that happening at all. Will be shocked if Byrne polls better than Munster. Swap Byrne for Munster and I'd say they could be the five. Very hard to predict the fifth seat though.

I reckon McGahon is in with a chance too. FG have always done well with vote management.

I see a chap called Cathal O Murchu is running for the Irish freedom party. Is it mad to suggest he might pick up some votes when people confuse him with the shinner chap :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I reckon McGahon is in with a chance too. FG have always done well with vote management.

I see a chap called Cathal O Murchu is running for the Irish freedom party. Is it mad to suggest he might pick up some votes when people confuse him with the shinner chap :pac:

Plenty of racists in town will vote for him. Ya only have to view the Dundalk Democrats Facebook when they are reporting crime's involving no Irish nationals to see the extent of the racism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

One of that 4 was me testing if the poll was working!:D

Advertisement