Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a rent reduction

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Dav010 wrote: »
    Greed for profit? Like all investors/business people then. Without profit, why would anyone invest in rental accommodation? To make a loss?

I was answering a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sami2015

When was the rent last increased? How low was the rent relative to other similar properties in the area?

I know several properties where the rent increased significantly all based under the RTB rules.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,523 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Myself and another person. I haven’t seen the LL in 3 years.

Is the other person related to the LL?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

I assume you work for under the minimum wage? As surely it’s greed to expect to be paid a decent salary for your work?

You're correct in the sense that I actually work for my income.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Dav010 wrote: »
    Is the other person related to the LL?

Stop digging mate, I understand your trying to figure out what way the LL is going about this or your trying to catch me out, long time poster and I’m not lying.

I’m not going to explain anymore for privacy reasons. Me & OH are not related to this LL in any shape or form.
    LL has been decent to me as I have to him. Simple as that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Stop digging mate, I understand your trying to figure out what way the LL is going about this or your trying to catch me out, long time poster and I’m not lying.

I’m not going to explain anymore for privacy reasons. Me & OH are not related to this LL in any shape or form.

Facilitating tax fraud is not decent!

Caranica wrote: »
    Facilitating tax fraud is not decent!

Never said I was you maniac.
    I’m just paying my rent as agreed with the LL.

While I don’t agree with a lot of your opinions on the topic fair play for working with the LL on this. Your LL is likely morning out better than he would even charging above market rate due to the insane tax levels.

A scheme similar to this for LLs would do more to stabilise rent prices than any rent caps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

So much wrong in this post it would take a long time to address it all but let’s start here. Why shouldn’t he be able to change what he wants like any other business can?

Also you are on about the cost of an apartment in 2007, what about when tenants went looking for reduced prices in the recession? The free market was alright then when it suited but not that prices are increased (everything costs more now than 2007, many things significantly more) it’s not ok?

You can’t be serious with that rubbish? Can you?

The tenant is paying for a service, the price of that service needs to be profitable in order for the business to function.

Currently that service is costing too much to provide.

So it needs excessive pricing to cover cost.

Of course you also need to look at how the profit is to be made.

If it's your pension for when you are 65 - does it actually need to make a monthly profit when you are 45.

To my mind it's almost easier to just buy out landlords and just be done with the hassle of trying to keep them happy.

The sector is currently a money pit and we need to go back to the drawing board and look at how it should work.

Old diesel wrote: »
    Currently that service is costing too much to provide.

So it needs excessive pricing to cover cost.

Of course you also need to look at how the profit is to be made.

If it's your pension for when you are 65 - does it actually need to make a monthly profit when you are 45.

To my mind it's almost easier to just buy out landlords and just be done with the hassle of trying to keep them happy.

The sector is currently a money pit and we need to go back to the drawing board and look at how it should work.

A small time LL with a full time job should not be profiting off Monthly rent.
    They should barely make the mortgage or else below.
    At the end of day after all costs are taken into account and the mortgage is paid they are still sitting on a generous retirement fund.
    If you are a LL with multiple properties well then it’s your business and maybe different rules should apply. Maybe you could have different levels of being a LL.
    Just a suggestions I’m sure there are plenty of holes in that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Ok.

OP got a reduction due to the wrong doings of the landlord.
    It’s sorted now.
    No need to continue the discussion.

Reports left, right and centre for posts on this thread so I’m not dealing with any more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement