Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moss

Options
  • 26-01-2020 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭

There is a lot of moss in my front lawn this year,! Seems to have doubled from last year. Is this easily treated and if so what with? Or would you recommend taking it all up and rolling out new turf? Thanks for the advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

All garden centres will sell something to help clear is . Mo bacter is good at controlling it. It's been a wet damp mild kind of winter, great for moss. I wouldn't bother trying to treat it for a few months yet. As far as redoing you lawn. That's a fairly big job just to get rid of moss. Unless its completely over run with it. Personally I dont mind a bit of it in the lawn.
    Be prepared if you treat moss with any of the normal products it tends to go brown and you'll need to rake all the dead moss out and sow some grass see to fill in the gaps.

Advertisement