Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is phone new or refurbished if it has warranty?

Options
  • 26-01-2020 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Im looking at buying the Samsung A70. i can see it ranging in price from €370 online and €410 in argos.

However, i see several phone shops and sellers and adverts.ie selling from as low as €320.

They list it as new and says it comes sealed and with 24 month manufacturer warranty?

Im worried though that it is a reject or refurbished model in a sealed box bought from ali express or somewhere similar and not actually new.

If samsung provide 24 month warranty can i be sure it is new? is there any other way to be sure?

As they come sealed im sure they wont let me take out of box to run any diagnostics on the phone to tell for sure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

lightspeed wrote: »
    Hi all

Im looking at buying the Samsung A70. i can see it ranging in price from €370 online and €410 in argos.

However, i see several phone shops and sellers and adverts.ie selling from as low as €320.

They list it as new and says it comes sealed and with 24 month manufacturer warranty?

Im worried though that it is a reject or refurbished model in a sealed box bought from ali express or somewhere similar and not actually new.

If samsung provide 24 month warranty can i be sure it is new? is there any other way to be sure?

As they come sealed im sure they wont let me take out of box to run any diagnostics on the phone to tell for sure.

If they are sealed and from a seller with plenty of good feedback then you are safe enough. Just have a look at their feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Just a heads up, you'll get these sort of phones much cheaper and unlocked from Amazon brand new. The German site tends to be a bit cheaper than the UK one. Just buy "shipped by Amazon" so you get free returns on the rare chance something goes wrong.

Got my GF the A7 for €100 less than Irish phone shops, same with the A50. Ridiculous mark up on phones here.

Keep in mind this phone came out last May, I know the A50 was replaced by a newer model after 6 months, I wouldn't be paying full price when there's likely new models our for 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭lightspeed

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Just a heads up, you'll get these sort of phones much cheaper and unlocked from Amazon brand new. The German site tends to be a bit cheaper than the UK one. Just buy "shipped by Amazon" so you get free returns on the rare chance something goes wrong.

Got my GF the A7 for €100 less than Irish phone shops, same with the A50. Ridiculous mark up on phones here.

Keep in mind this phone came out last May, I know the A50 was replaced by a newer model after 6 months, I wouldn't be paying full price when there's likely new models our for 2020.

Thanks but i checked amazon and prices seem to be from €340 and not sure if that includes postage. phones shops in dublin have it from €320 to €330 and as i said advertised as new with 24 month samsung warranty.

Im leaning towards trusting them but i am aware i can find same phone for less on aliexpress but when you read further on sellers page on aliexpress they sometimes say they have received them from samsung but are not waterproof or something else different.

Im weary could be such phones so considering if it worth paying more to get it from some place more reputable. I see it for €369.99 including postage on Komplett.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

At the end of the day the prices on this model are fairly similar, I think it would be worth an extra €20-30 or so to give you peace of mind buying it from somewhere like Komplett. It's not a huge increase on a €300+ phone to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I have bought a good few phones from adverts like this and never had an issue at all. Just make sure your seller has good feedback, there are one or two that I deal with frequently and I trust.

Another tip that I have is to buy the dual sim version as these are not sold by the Irish operators and not likely to ever be blacklisted..

• Advertisement
Advertisement