Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Synching Drive between employees

• 26-01-2020 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Is there a way to synch an entire drive between two employees?

Basically I have my own MacBook, but my partner would like me to update some files regularly on his mac.

Therefore, I need to be able to access his drive in and for the files to be immediately updated for him....but still be able to work on my own personal drive too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

It's possible to share directories and files on the computers but a neater and more efficient way would be to use something like OneDrive or GoogleDrive. Copy the files you want to share into the preferred online drive and simply share them. You control access and the level of permissions for the files, i.e. you might want the other person to only view but not edit a file

The advantage of this is that both computer do not need to be switched on in order to access the files. You can also access them from any 'net connected computer plus there's the added security of being able to recall previous versions of the files should something go wrong.

If you really want to just share the files from the computer without using a cloud service then check this.

Hope this helps.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Nutty Nutritionist

Thats great. Thanks so much. Your suggestions are most helpful.

Advertisement