Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain piss off and get on with Brexit II (mod warning in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

A flexing of muscle more than anything looks like. Might be a smart move at the end of the day.

https://twitter.com/tconnellyRTE/status/1355258958840274944

A cunning climbdown you mean perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭loughside

Genuinely feel sorry for the UK with a mortality rate 2.5 times that of Ireland.
    NI death rate is *only* 1.5x the Republic though. Still 1.5x.

Tut tut,,, pathetic and disgraceful responses on a public forum - shameful.

Ok, Could i remind you of the Treaty of Lisbon? Remember that one, where you all were ordered by your EU masters to vote again when you didn`t know f-all the first time !!lol!

EU Treaty of Lisbon

Paragraph 1 of Article 8 says: The Union shall develop a special relationship with neighbouring countries, aiming to establish an area of prosperity and good neighbourliness, founded on the values of the Union and characterised by close and peaceful relations based on cooperation.

Yeah right, The EU = Just a Bunch of two-faced (vnts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

A flexing of muscle more than anything looks like. Might be a smart move at the end of the day.

A shot across the bows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Imreoir2

loughside wrote: »
    Ok, Could i remind you of the Treaty of Lisbon? Remember that one, where you all were ordered by your EU masters to vote again when you didn`t know f-all the first time !!lol!

This is both entirely irrelevant, and wildly ignorent at the same time. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Be interesting to see some of the lads on here rowing in behind the EUs latest shenanigans.

But the same lads were grand with Trichet telling the Irish Government a bomb would go off in Dublin if they didnt do what they were told so its well within their capability

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Doctor Roast

EU Treaty of Lisbon

Paragraph 1 of Article 8 says: The Union shall develop a special relationship with neighbouring countries, aiming to establish an area of prosperity and good neighbourliness, founded on the values of the Union and characterised by close and peaceful relations based on cooperation.

that treaty was designed to be unpenetrable for the public, but yeah "the Irish must vote again!" Sarkozy

EU Treaty of Lisbon

If you're looking for two-faced, then I suggest you have a look at the populist liars currently running the UK. Nevermind their poodles in NI who were thrown under the bus but still come running home like the good little doggies they are.

Wrt to statistics, it's a truth you may choose to ignore but it speaks volumes as to the realities of the Tories' and the DUP's idiotic and criminal response to requests for lockdowns.

Bambi wrote: »
    Be interesting to see some of the lads on here rowing in behind the EUs latest shenanigans.

But the same lads were grand with Trichet telling the Irish Government a bomb would go off in Dublin if they didnt do what they were told so its well within their capability

They have zero issues with throwing Ireland under the bus when it comes down to it, their ramblings are just good PR

They have zero issues with throwing Ireland under the bus when it comes down to it, their ramblings are just good PR

Some of us learned that lesson a decade ago, you'll always have those who row in behind those they perceive as their betters

This is the first big test post Brexit and the EU has failed it in spectacular fasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,817 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The problem has always been the power swap's limp response. The Commission has a job to do and will make mistakes, overstep etc. We need strong leadership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭loughside

Now here`s a conundrum from todays events...

Did the Brussels puppet `parliament` have a vote on invoking Article 16 of the NI Protocol. Even one of their pretend votes.
    Or did her highness Mrs frilly knickers just issue a decree after a nod from Berlin.
    How did it work exactly. Who had a say in it. It wasn't the Oirish teapot for sure, as from the frantic phone calls he's making tonight I assume he got the news on Twitter, lol!
    The twat knew nothing about it, it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,708 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Did the Brussels puppet `parliament` have a vote on invoking Article 16 of the NI Protocol. Even one of their pretend votes.
    Or did her highness Mrs frilly knickers just issue a decree after a nod from Berlin.
    How did it work exactly. Who had a say in it. It wasn't the Oirish teapot for sure, as from the frantic phone calls he's making tonight I assume he got the news on Twitter, lol!

Well it's being reversed after some stern words.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,538 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

EU Treaty of Lisbon

How are you getting on there with you masters over in Westminister?

Boris brought out a big red bus to campaign for Brexit ......... wasn't too long about throwing the DUP under it though when he didn't need them any more. Still, they voted the way they were told like good little boys when it suited their public schooled betters

Well it's being reversed after some stern words.

We have no say, they say. :)

Hate to mention it to our loughside friend...but 'Irish Sea Border'?

Any official source for anything actually being implemented that needs to be rolled back?

Or was it just some tweets from a bored BBC journo?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Any official source for anything actually being implemented that needs to be rolled back?

Or was it just some tweets from a bored BBC journo?

I've seen nothing official whatsoever, and no statement from anyone in the EU Commission.

that treaty was designed to be unpenetrable for the public, but yeah "the Irish must vote again!" Sarkozy

How did the British electorate vote on the Lisbon treaty?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

https://twitter.com/tconnellyRTE/status/1355264780156751872

Lol. Some neck on them, but fair play. :D

How did the British electorate vote on the Lisbon treaty?

The only country that got to vote on it was us.... And we all know how they played out..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_European_Constitution_referendum

Even ol slime ball Sarkozy admitted that if the French got to vote on it they would have rejected it... Like the EU constitution they rejected only to be ignored

The only country that got to vote on it was us.... And we all know how they played out..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_European_Constitution_referendum

Even ol slime ball Sarkozy admitted that if the French got to vote on it they would have rejected it... Like the EU constitution they rejected only to be ignored

Irish population got to vote on it twice. And they could have rejected it twice had they not deemed the intervening changes to be sufficient/acceptable

UK population didn't get a say at all, so I find it curious that people want to compare the two and try to imply that the UK approach was better

• Advertisement

Enough said.

Irish population got to vote on it twice. And they could have rejected it twice had they not deemed the intervening changes to be sufficient/acceptable

UK population didn't get a say at all, so I find it curious that people want to compare the two and try to imply that the UK approach was better

You're leaving out a lot of context about what happened around that time of the neverendums...

I would imagine this was backchanneled to Micheal beforehand and he okayed it because the alternative was breaking ranks.

Another Enda

You're leaving out a lot of context about what happened around that time of the neverendums...

Some of the Irish no vote was a protest vote and some of it was caused by ridiculous claims which were assuaged in advance of a second referendum

Whereas the UK voters had to bend over and take it regardless. No input or push back.

I know which system I'd prefer any day of the week!

Some of the Irish no vote was a protest vote and some of it was caused by ridiculous claims which were assuaged in advance of a second referendum

Whereas the UK voters had to bend over and take it regardless. No input or push back.

I know which system I'd prefer any day of the week!

Ridiculous claims like "vote yes for jobs!"?

Could have been worse I suppose, like the French and Dutch who had their votes ignored....

I would imagine this was backchanneled to Micheal beforehand and he okayed it because the alternative was breaking ranks.

Another Enda

Not beyond the bounds of possibility. Whither FG's finest, our Commissioner too.
    Questions need asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,708 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,708 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Could have been worse I suppose, like the French and Dutch who had their votes ignored....

Fictional whataboutery. That's some level to have to stoop to.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

"Flexing of muscle"...interesting interpretation...

At least it united both sides of the divide in Ireland.

• Advertisement

I think they were more so claims about 3 year olds being sent to jail or conscripted into an EU wide army. Mad things like that.

Advertisement