Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain piss off and get on with Brexit II (mod warning in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭timetogo1

AllForIt wrote: »
    May was too cold, Mogg is too posh, Boris is too Boris, yawn yawn.

May is was too cold and Mogg is too posh. Are those the only criticisms that you think Dunt and other commentators have for those two?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

AllForIt wrote:
    This constant barrage of criticism of BJ's demeanor never got anyone anywhere, including that second rate journalist Ian Dunt, who seems to spend every waking moment of his life dreaming up new angles of criticism which after a while you notice are just the same rehashed points over and over again, like you see on this thread. What a bore.
    This is called a democratic opposition and a proper journalism. I think you would appreciate living in Turkey or Russia where journalists criticising the government are jailed or simply disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,567 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Nearly 8 weeks and no updates to this thread? A bit like the UK "negotiators" understanding of reality methinks - no updates or improvements over time!

I see in the papers that they still won't agree to a level playing field conditions, citing that Brexit was supposed to do away with "red tape"......while at the same time gleefully hurtling towards a situation where they won't have access to what is currently their biggest market

Some shower of clowns to be still at that messing at this stage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

The Eu does not Respect British democracy. These is no point in attempting to negotiate with an Organisation like the Eu and Barnier when they do not Respect the democracy of your Country.

There will be No Deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

blinding wrote: »
    The Eu does not Respect British democracy. These is no point in attempting to negotiate with an Organisation like the Eu and Barnier when they do not Respect the democracy of your Country.

There will be No Deal.

Didn't take you long to come out of the woodwork.

• Advertisement

There will be No Deal.

That kind of waffle makes me think of mock elections they might run in a primary school to teach the children about elections - the winner would invariably be the "candidate" with a manifesto of no homework and no classes except for PE and football.
    But the anti-democratic teacher bastards never respected the democratic vote :pac:

I organised a vote in the house here last night and 100% of the people here voted that the EU should give everyone here 100m Euro each. 100%!!!! But I'd imagine the anti-democratic EU will ignore that "will of the people" vote. I wonder if we should take our case to the UN. Whaddaya think?

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Didn't take you long to come out of the woodwork.
    Lovers of Democracy are not easily Cowed. Something the Eu can’t handle.

Lovers of Democracy are not easily Cowed. Something the Eu can’t handle.

The people of the UK love democracy that they held one referendum in the last X years....which was explicitly qualified in advance as (legally) a non-binding vote. Why would they put up with that if they like it so much?

Mad that, innit?

Lovers of democracy are not easily cowed. Something the EU can’t handle.

Not easily taught grammar either.

Don't worry, you'll be thread banned again soon enough.

That kind of waffle makes me think of mock elections they might run in a primary school to teach the children about elections - the winner would invariably be the "candidate" with a manifesto of no homework and no classes except for PE and football.
    But the anti-democratic teacher bastards never respected the democratic vote :pac:

I organised a vote in the house here last night and 100% of the people here voted that the EU should give everyone here 100m Euro each. 100%!!!! But I'd imagine the anti-democratic EU will ignore that "will of the people" vote. I wonder if we should take our case to the UN. Whaddaya think?
    Brexit won every election in Britain since the Brexit referendum. Parties that said they would respect the Democracy of their Country that is.

Did you see what happened to Jo Swinson and the Anti-Democratic Liberal Democrats ? ?

Did you see what happened to the Anti-Democratic Change Uk ? ?

Did you see what happened to Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour party when they changed their position from respecting the result of the 2016 Brexit referendum ? ?

The Eu because it does not respect democracy cannot cope with that you can lose in a democracy. Bye Bye Eu from Britain. Brilliant Democratic Decision from the British People.

The Irish people better make sure they do no upset the Eu again. The Irish establishment and the Eu won’t be allowing any more no’s from the Irish people. It’ll be all nodding donkeys from now on ! ! !

• Advertisement

Not easily taught grammar either.

Don't worry, you'll be thread banned again soon enough.
    Dissent must not be Allowed in the Most Glorious Eu Empire :eek::eek::eek:

Nobody can Declare that the Emperor is Bollock Naked ! ! ! :eek::eek::eek:

No Dissent Allowed ! Where in Central Europe did we hear that Before ! ! !

I do have to admire how well the Eu looks after the Migrant Labour in Brussels and Strasbourg;);):D:D

Keelings and the likes should have a look, at the looking after those Migrant Labourers get ;);):D:D

Brexit won every election in Britain since the Brexit referendum. Parties that said they would respect the Democracy of their Country that is.

Did you see what happened to Jo Swinson and the Anti-Democratic Liberal Democrats ? ?

Did you see what happened to the Anti-Democratic Change Uk ? ?

Did you see what happened to Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour party when they changed their position from respecting the result of the 2016 Brexit referendum ? ?

The Eu because it does not respect democracy cannot cope with that you can lose in a democracy. Bye Bye Eu from Britain. Brilliant Democratic Decision from the British People.

The Irish people better make sure they do no upset the Eu again. The Irish establishment and the Eu won’t be allowing any more no’s from the Irish people. It’ll be all nodding donkeys from now on ! ! !

UK are some gobshites to be going on about democracy given the number of their colonies which had to resort to armed insurrection to obtain their own independence. But that is a topic for a different thread.

Nobody is stopping the UK leaving. In fact they are already gone and not a single bullet fired in anger to achieve that! As the thread says - the should "piss off and get on with Brexit".

The UK electorate can vote "democratically" all they like that the EU has to give them X or Y. They are not in the EU and don't have a say. They'll (possibly) get an offer and then they can take it or leave it.

The people of the UK love democracy that they held one referendum in the last X years....which was explicitly qualified in advance as (legally) a non-binding vote. Why would they put up with that if they like it so much?

Mad that, innit?
    Except the Politicians both before and after said the result would be respected.:D:D

The Before bit was when they thought / were sure they would win;);):D

Democracy won and any country that would put the Eu before its Democracy would be Barking :eek:

UK are some gobshites to be going on about democracy given the number of their colonies which had to resort to armed insurrection to obtain their own independence. But that is a topic for a different thread.

Nobody is stopping the UK leaving. As the thread says - the should "piss off and get on with Brexit".

The UK electorate can vote "democratically" all they like that the EU has to give them X or Y. They are not in the EU and don't have a say. They'll (possibly) get an offer and then they can take it or leave it.
    I suppose if the Eu had an army they would have invaded Britain and used its Jackboot to thwart British Democracy.

I suppose if the Eu had an army they would have invaded Britain and used its Jackboot to thwart British Democracy.

Answer me this.

Britain voted for Brexit in 2016.

There is no mechanism to keep Britain in the EU any longer. Britain could leave literally any time.
    Yet they're still here, 4 years and three governments later.

Is that Britains fault or the EU?

Except the Politicians both before and after said the result would be respected.:D:D

The Before bit was when they thought / were sure they would win;);):D

Democracy won and any country that would put the Eu before its Democracy would be Barking :eek:

UK voted to leave. It is gone.
    What is your issue with "democracy". Is it a word that Nige used to use or something? Or do you not fully understand what the word means?

Now the UK are at a situation where they want, or are at least nominally trying to get, a deal. So it is the same as if the UK tried to do a deal with China. If the Chinese say that they require certain conditions on its end then the UK either agrees, tries to compromise, or walks away.

I fail to comprehend why you might think that China laying out their terms on a proposed deal could somehow impinge on the democracy of the UK? It's up to UK negotiators to agree to it or not. 100% their choice. If they don't like it then don't sign.

If I'm trying to buy a house and the seller says that they want to keep living it in for the next 12 months then I can say "no" and walk away. They can ask for that condition if that is what they need. I don't have to agree to it. It's not exactly impinging on my civil liberties and doesn't somehow affect my franchise.

UK is like a mad ex-girlfriend that really lets herself go a bit into he relationship. You give her the benefit of the doubt for a while and then as she descends into further chaos and you realise what she is like in reality, you try to help her before eventually you can't take it any more and have to cut ties.

10 years later she gets out of the nuthouse on day release and turns up at the church on your wedding day waddling down the aisle covered in muck and screaming at you to stop trying to force her to be your girlfriend.

Answer me this.

Britain voted for Brexit in 2016.

There is no mechanism to keep Britain in the EU any longer. Britain could leave literally any time.
    Yet they're still here, 4 years and three governments later.

Is that Britains fault or the EU?
    It is the fault of some of the British politicians .

Those that got elected on platforms to Respect the 2016 Brexit referendum in the 2017 General Election. And then proceed to do the direct opposite after fraudently stealing their seats.

You will notice the vast majority of these were booted out on their ar$e in the 2019 Election. Another great win for Democracy:D:D

You do realise that for approximately the last 18 months the Eu could have forced Britain out of the Eu.

Anyway they are going now and if the Eu cannot see that it has more important stuff to be worrying about then; What can you say.

Those that got elected on platforms to Respect the 2016 Brexit referendum in the 2017 General Election. And then proceed to do the direct opposite after fraudently stealing their seats.

You will notice the vast majority of these were booted out on their ar$e in the 2019 Election. Another great win for Democracy:D:D

You do realise that for approximately the last 18 months the Eu could have forced Britain out of the Eu.

Anyway they are going now and if the Eu cannot see that it has more important stuff to be worrying about then; What can you say.

That's mad in fairness. UK had a legally non-binding referendum.
    And the EU are anti-democratic for not forcing them out (i.e. for accepting the many requests from the UK-elected representatives for an extension)?

UK is like a mad ex-girlfriend that really lets herself go a bit into he relationship. You give her the benefit of the doubt for a while and then as she descends into further chaos and you realise what she is like in reality, you try to help her before eventually you can't take it any more and have to cut ties.

10 years later she gets out of the nuthouse on day release and turns up at the church on your wedding day waddling down the aisle covered in muck and screaming at you to stop trying to force her to be your girlfriend.
    The Eu is like an ex boyfriend/ girlfriend that has been dumped and just cannot come to terms with it. The Eu needs a new boyfriend / girlfriend. Show some leg will ya ! ! !

• Advertisement

The Eu is like an ex boyfriend/ girlfriend that has been dumped and just cannot come to terms with it. The Eu needs a new boyfriend / girlfriend. Show some leg will ya ! ! !

As I said, yes, the fat ex covered in muck waddling down the aisle deluded into thinking the other person still gives a shit about them :pac:

UK is gone. Go. Stop asking for extensions and hanging around. Move out and move on.

Those DEMOCRATICALLY elected politicians who asked for extension after extension?
    The current DEMOCRATICALLY elected government who are in an absolute shambles and will almost definitely ask for another extension.

The DEMOCRATIC EU who graciously granted all the UKs requests.

The delusion is strong. I'm out.

As I said, yes, the fat ex covered in muck waddling down the aisle deluded into thinking the other person still gives a shit about them :pac:

UK is gone. Go. Stop asking for extensions and hanging around. Move out and move on.
    You are behind the times. Its the Eu that is asking for extensions now.

Try to get a new boyfriend / girlfriend for the Eu. Its getting embarrassing now.

The Eu lost Democratically . It has to get used to this or it will crumble like all the other Empires ! ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Try to get a new boyfriend / girlfriend for the Eu. Its getting embarrassing now.

The Eu lost Democratically . It has to get used to this or it will crumble like all the other Empires ! ! !

If Boris the great and his army of followers want out surely they will refuse the EU and extension and put everything to bed. Time for himself and his merry men to put their money where their mouth is and leave without a deal. It is simple and if Boris really wants out he will refuse to talk and walk the walk.

Personally, I feel he will not do it, will blame the EU for forcing him to stay to negociate a trade deal or he will blame the Covid19 situation. The simple fact is....he wants everything and has very little if anything to offer.

Those DEMOCRATICALLY elected politicians who asked for extension after extension?
    The current DEMOCRATICALLY elected government who are in an absolute shambles and will almost definitely ask for another extension.

The DEMOCRATIC EU who graciously granted all the UKs requests.

The delusion is strong. I'm out.
    The British people didn’t ask for any extensions.
    Politicians who fraudulently took their seats did.

The British People said bye bye to the Eu and they are delighted with their decision. The Eu has to learn that it can lose in Democracies. If it does not respect the Democracy of Nation states; What is the Eu :eek::eek::eek:

By denying the UK its democratic right to ask for an extension.

I can't see how the EU has not respected the UK's democracy. They had a vote to leave and they left. They asked for extensions and were given them.

What exactly did the EU do?

There are a lot more countries trying to get into the EU than out of it. Plenty of interest from other countries wanting to do deals with it too.

If there is no deal with the UK then it would be perfectly reasonably for EU to insist, in future deals with third countries, on restrictions on certain trade between those countries and the UK.

It's kind of funny. Part of me thinks you're just taking the piss and having the craic posting that stuff. Another part of me worries that you actually believe it.

The British People said bye bye to the Eu and they are delighted with their decision. The Eu has to learn that it can lose in Democracies. If it does not respect the Democracy of Nation states; What is the Eu :eek::eek::eek:

Cheeky politicians. Not being democratically elected. The divils.

UK should run their elections properly the next time to stop those elections being rigged. Maybe they can get a few election observers in from the likes of Zimbabwe or Venezuelan to stop those corrupt UK politicians from seizing power they weren't granted democratically. Hopefully they will leave the genuine people's choice for MPs like Domnic Cummings and Nigel Farage. People who legitimately and democratically earned their seats in the House of Parliament. (Along of course with all the inherited life Peers in the House of Lords)

If Boris the great and his army of followers want out surely they will refuse the EU and extension and put everything to bed. Time for himself and his merry men to put their money where their mouth is and leave without a deal. It is simple and if Boris really wants out he will refuse to talk and walk the walk.

Personally, I feel he will not do it, will blame the EU for forcing him to stay to negociate a trade deal or he will blame the Covid19 situation. The simple fact is....he wants everything and has very little if anything to offer.
    Boris will come under some political pressure if he does that. This intake of Tory MPs like the Eu about as much as people like a rat in their kitchen. Their will be plenty of hardline Tory MPs to replace Boris if he does not leave the Eu when he said he would.

Thanks to the Anti-Democratic Re-Mainers the Tories have an 80 Seat Majority.

Plenty of room to replace Boris with someone who will do what the Tories promised at the last election. The Tories are; One party in power with a huge majority. They do not have the excuses of Irish politicians with their tin pot coalitions not to do as they promised at the General Election. Bye Bye Eu.

A Great Victory for Democracy. The Eu has to learn that it can lose in the Democracy of Nation States.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭theological

I agree with this. There was an imbalance between MPs in parliament and the decision that the people took in 2016. That was resolved last December, and the path is clear for the UK to become a third country after the transition period.

I'm glad to see this thread is active. The virus and dealing with it is obviously much much much more important.

Advertisement