Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain piss off and get on with Brexit II (mod warning in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,548 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

blinding wrote: »
    I assume most posters here know what your position on Democracy and Respecting the Vote to leave the Eu is.

I could do with a refresh if you can be bothered !

Actually, on another thread, I mistook Timberrrr for one of the blind Johnson followers. (It was completely my mistake and I apologised for it but he definitely didn't appear polarised in terms of politics)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

So long as it is clearly labelled People can choose to buy it or not. For some reason Chicken now tastes nothing like Chicken used to taste. Is it what they are feeding the Chicken or what ? ?

You think they will package it as US? One of the reasons for lack of a EU US trade deal, there are many, is that the US won't agree on labeling.

It will be chicken used for schools dinners, KFC, hospitals, staff cafeterias. Repacked in UK and labelled as UK chicken.

There will be rumours and stories but always denied.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Leroy42 wrote: »
    You think they will package it as US? One of the reasons for lack of a EU US trade deal, there are many, is that the US won't agree on labeling.

It will be chicken used for schools dinners, KFC, hospitals, staff cafeterias. Repacked in UK and labelled as UK chicken.

There will be rumours and stories but always denied.
    And of course this cannot be made illegal in a Sovereign Independent Country ! ! !:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭storker

They left in January.

And they're still whining about the consequences of their own decision:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/michael-barnier-uk-brexit-trade-talks-eu-membership-benefits-a9524621.html

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

And of course this cannot be made illegal in a Sovereign Independent Country ! ! !:eek:
    It's currently already illegal in the UK. But as a sovereign independent country the UK is free to enter into a treaty under which it commits to making it not illegal any more, and that is what the US is asking it to do.

Something you don't seem to grasp about sovereignty, blinding, is that sovereignty is basically the capacity to enter into treaties and be bound by them. Other countries want you to be bound by treaty because they want you to do things that, given your druthers, you wouldn't do.

That wonderful network of free trade agreements with the US, China and countries yet to be discovered under the sea that Brexiters assure us will repair the damage done by Brexit? They all come at a price. Given the UK's weakened negotiating position, the price is likely to be high.

• Advertisement

I reckon the EU should put forward a proposal that it can voice its opinion and have its voice heard when it comes to which countries can join the commonwealth.

With the UK's proximity to Europe, it's a reasonable request.

I reckon the EU should put forward a proposal that it can voice its opinion and have its voice heard when it comes to which countries can join the commonwealth.

The suggested "consulation about new accessions to the EU" clause is actually a common provision in the EU's trade deals. The idea is to ensure that, if there are future accessions to the EU, any implications they may have for existing trade deals are identified early on, and decisions can be made about how to address them.

Nine times out of ten the outcome will be a modification of the existing trade deal - e.g. if the EU/Teapotistan trade deal gives Teapotistan a quota of 100 tonnes of widgets which it can export to the EU tariff-free, and if a country which currently buys 200 tonnes of Teapotistani widgets tariff-free is to join the EU, it may be appropriate to increase Teapotistan's quota.

Very occasionally it may result in a modification to the terms of accession.

Peregrinus wrote: »
    It's currently already illegal in the UK. But as a sovereign independent country the UK is free to enter into a treaty under which it commits to making it not illegal any more, and that is what the US is asking it to do.

Something you don't seem to grasp about sovereignty, blinding, is that sovereignty is basically the capacity to enter into treaties and be bound by them. Other countries want you to be bound by treaty because they want you to do things that, given your druthers, you wouldn't do.

That wonderful network of free trade agreements with the US, China and countries yet to be discovered under the sea that Brexiters assure us will repair the damage done by Brexit? They all come at a price. Given the UK's weakened negotiating position, the price is likely to be high.
    I think I will go with the 17.4 Million Voters in Britain; The most that ever Voted for anything in Britain than some random internet poster.

I am sure you have some value on your opinion bit I can assure the views of the Irish are of No Importance In Britain and as the Irish are just Nodding Donkeys in Brussels of No Importance there either.

The British will be fine. They choose their Own Democracy over the Nodding Donkey status of Leo and Co. Who has genuine Respect for Nodding donkeys ? ? ?

I think I will go with the 17.4 Million Voters in Britain . . .
    17.4 million voters in Britain voted to maintain the EU chicken labelling regulations after Brexit? When?

Jaysus, They must have a lot of time out in Brussels if this is all they have to concern themselves with ! ! !

The Good Wage, The Gold Plated Expenses, The Gold Plated Pension, The Gold Plated Payoff when Leaving Brussels.

Perhaps they should have a look out for other Migrant Workers ( like the Keelings Strawberry Pickers for example ) and make a Comparison as to how well they look after Migrant Workers in Brussels as against what they let happen to other Migrant Workers ! :eek::eek:

• Advertisement

17.4 million voters in Britain voted on the chicken labelling regulations? When?
    The Voted to get the Eu out of their Country and after seeing more of the Eu in action they are delighted to be rid of the Eu :D:D

Jaysus, They must have a lot of time out in Brussels if this is all they have to concern themselves with ! ! !
    Keep up, blinding. Ads for Google's suggestion is a response to the draft treaty published by the UK in wihch the UK seeks as say when third countries are admitted to the EU.

Presumably you think they must have a lot of time out in Westminster if that's all they have to concern themsevles with ! ! !?

The Voted to get the Eu out of their Country and after seeing more of the Eu in action they are delighted to be rid of the Eu :D:D
    So what you're saying is, if I assume that your statements are in some way logically connected to one another, they voted to leave the UK so that the UK government would be able to sign a US trade deal under which unlabelled chorinated American chicken could be imported into the UK?

I kind of doubt that that's right but, if it is right, I certainly wouldn't be drawing attention to it, if I were you.

Keep up, blinding. Ads for Google's suggestion is a response to the draft treaty published by the UK in wihch the UK seeks as say when third countries are admitted to the EU.

Presumably you think they must have a lot of time out in Westminster if that's all they have to concern themsevles with ! ! !?
    If they have time to be worrying about the Commonwealth at the moment out in Brussels then they must have fook all for doing ! ! !

As I suggested with so much time on their hands, has it occurred to them to look at how Migrant Workers are treated all over the Eu as against the Royal Treatment of Migrant Workers that happens in Brussels.

There seems to a be a Terrible lack of Solidarity between the Brussels Migrant Workers and the Other Migrant Workers.

I sincerely hope its not due to Some Superiority Complex by the Brussels Royalty towards the ordinary Eu Workers !!!

The Eu can get it So right in Brussels and So Wrong everywhere else ! ! !:eek::eek:

So what you're saying is, if I assume that your statements are in some way logically connected to one another, they voted to leave the UK so that the UK government would be able to sign a US trade deal under which unlabelled chorinated American chicken could be imported into the UK?

I kind of doubt that that's right but, if it is right, I certainly wouldn't be drawing attention to it, if I were you.
    “ So what your saying is “

Britain cannot pass a law in its own Sovereign Independent Country to make sure all Chicken is Labelled Correctly :eek::eek:

You have been on the Eu soup too long. The Eu is not the World. If / when the Eu disappears up its own A$$-Hole the World will go on; Nae Bother what So Ever ! ! !

Britain cannot pass a law in its own Sovereign Independent Country to make sure all Chicken is Labelled Correctly :eek::eek:

You have been on the Eu soup too long. The Eu is not the World. If / when the Eu disappears up its own A$$-Hole the World will go on; Nae Bother what So Ever ! ! !
    It's generally missed in the noise but amongst the negotiating points in the UK US trade negotiations will be food labelling. To get a trade deal with the US, yes, it might have to trade away that bit of sovereignty.

Britain cannot pass a law in its own Sovereign Independent Country to make sure all Chicken is Labelled Correctly :eek::eek:!
    Concentrate, blinding. I know it's difficult, but do try.

The UK doesn't have to pass that law; they already have it.

What I am saying is that the UK may have to choose between keeping that law, or ditching it in order to get a trade deal with the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

This is just the price of sovereignty though, one of the many trade offs you have to make. They might be sh!t decisions, but they are our sh!t decisions to make.

This is just the price of sovereignty though, one of the many trade offs you have to make. They might be sh!t decisions, but they are our sh!t decisions to make.
    Yeah. But if you conclude that the best option is to forgo the US trade deal, then you have paid an enormous price in order to decide to continue doing what you were doing all along. If you had made the decision that you liked what you were already doing just a little bit earlier, you could have saved yourself the enormous price.

Brexit was sold to the UK public on the basis that they wouldn't have to make decisions like this - they could keep all the benefits of being in the EU; the trade deals would be easy; it was all upside. None of that was true.

Once you understand (a) that Brexit is the basically the ability to make some very tough choices, and (b) that there is a high price to be paid for Brexit, then the rational, sane, common sense, pragmatic course is to reflect on the choices involved and decide whether they offers such advantages that it is worth paying the price of Brexit to secure them. The denial of the facts that there would be tough choices and that there would be a high price to pay meant that this never happened, and the end result is that the UK has greatly limited its opportunities, diminished its future and degraded its sovereignty without most people ever realising that that is what they were doing.

With the Eu having so much time on its hands. Could someone ask the Eu to look into the Great Channel 4 Election Night Coverage Mystery ? ?

Back then all the British Taxpayers that Part Funded Channel 4’s Election night Coverage were Eu Citizens. Now as Channel 4 was Completely Biased towards Re-Main I am sure that the Eu feels the Travesty of this footage being Re-moved from the Internet.

It seems that they are not to busy out in Brussels. Now don’t forget the Eu Migrants workers around the Eu against the Royally treated Eu Migrant workers in Brussels and Strasbourg as well ! A few jobs for the Prince’s and Princess’s of Brussels ! ! !

Come back, come back, come back ! ! !

• Advertisement

With the Eu having so much time on its hands. Could someone ask the Eu to look into the Great Channel 4 Election Night Coverage Mystery ? ?

Back then all the British Taxpayers that Part Funded Channel 4’s Election night Coverage were Eu Citizens. Now as Channel 4 was Completely Biased towards Re-Main I am sure that the Eu feels the Travesty of this footage being Re-moved from the Internet . . .
    As you are a British taxpayer who paid for it, blinding, and as you appear to have a bizarrely consuming interest in this question amounting almost to an uhealthy obsession, perhaps you should look into it yourself? After all, if the one person in the world who appears to care about this question can't be arsed to investigate it himself it's a bit rich of him to demand that others do so.

As you are a British taxpayer who paid for it, blinding, and as you appear to have a bizarrely consuming interest in this question amounting almost to an uhealthy obsession, perhaps you should look into it yourself? After all, if the one person in the world who appears to care about this question can't be arsed to investigate it himself it's a bit rich of him to demand that others do so.
    Actually, I have made an Inquiry of Channel 4. I would be grateful if other Posters would also inquire to get to the Bottom of this Perplexing Mystery ! !

Channels that are not part funded by all the British taxpayers and the BBC still have all their election Night coverage Up ! !

Why channel 4, Why is it it so channel 4, Why oh Why ? ? ?

Does the eu have any mighty sleuths that could tackle this Mystery; Poirot, Inspector Clue-sau (?) , Maybe the Pink Panther ! ! !

blinding, why are you saying the EU have so much time on their hands?

Actually, I have made an Inquiry of Channel 4. I would be grateful if other Posters would also inquire to get to the Bottom of this Perplexing Mystery ! !

Channels that are not part funded by all the British taxpayers and the BBC still have all their election Night coverage Up ! !

Does the eu have any mighty sleuths that could tackle this Mystery; Poirot, Inspector Clue-sau (?) , Maybe the Pink Panther ! ! !
    What did your MP say when you wrote to him and asked him to put down a Parliamentary Question on the topic in the Sovereign Independent UK Parliament on behalf of British Taxpayers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭fash

I've just finished investigating this matter so no one else has to: the rabbit hole goes deeper than you know: round earth promoters together with Big-4G-promoters developed Coronavirus specifically to prevent brexit. This program made the connections too obvious and so had to be deleted. If anyone has a remaining copy, they should broadcast it before it is too late.

(Just to add: it's obviously Big-4G that is promoting the anti-5G conspiracy theories...

If they have time to be worrying about who or who not is in the Commonwealth then they have too much time on their hands ! ! !

In other news Un-attributed reports suggest that the Channel 4’s 2019 General Election Coverage is with Shergar and Lord Lucan. Of course further back up of these rumours are needed ! ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,548 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Blinding,

I have seen your responses on two particular (hypothetical) issues and I cannot understand how you cannot see the blinkered and UK-self-centred view of your "logic".

In relation to a US-UK deal you are adamant that "sovereignty" means that the UK will be able to unilaterally impose standards on what is imported from the US.

In relation to a EU-UK deal, you are adamant that, despite the "sovereignty" of the EU or individual countries, it is wholly unreasonable for them to insist on standards for what is imported from the UK.

Is it reasonable to insist on standards for your imports or is it not?

P.S. I have neither any clue about, nor care about, whatever your fixation with Channel 4 is!

To be fair, now that the UK has left much EU time has been freed up by not having to deal with endless UK whinging, moaning, demands for rebates, exemptions and special treatment and the need to explain fairy basic concepts again and again.

Up to now this has been more than offset by the need to devise for the UK the Brexit that it is apparently unable to devise for itself. But that process will come to an end someday.

Still, I doubt that attention will then turn to the topic that consumes blinding. Nobody cares.

Apparently the Reason that the Channel 4 2019 General Election Coverage has Disappeared is that the Anti-Democratic Re-Mainers though this meant that the General Election Never Happened and that they could then Keep Voting amongst themselves until they got the Right Result :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭fash

Apparently the Reason that the Channel 4 2019 General Election Coverage has Disappeared is that the Anti-Democratic Re-Mainers though this meant that the General Election Never Happened and that they could then Keep Voting amongst themselves until they got the Right Result :eek::eek:
    We covered this already - only a gullible fool would believe this - this is what they want you to think. The rabbit hole goes far deeper than this

Advertisement