Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain piss off and get on with Brexit II (mod warning in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I don't know why you are trying to persuade me of the alleged brilliance of the EU. It also has a lot of drawbacks. Freedom of movement is only one policy that is problematic for both sides of the equation.

My reason for mentioning the global situation is to show you that the policy is flawed. If it was universally beneficial you'd be supporting free movement from everywhere.

The UK left the EU in January and hopefully it will finally regain control over this and a number of areas on December 31st.

No. There was no suggestion of extending it to infinity.

To play that game for you in reverse then why not suggest that Scottish or Welsh people should need a visa to come and work in England??

Or maybe that English people born outside of London shouldn't necessarily be allowed to live and work there without permission? Why not implement a system like China? It would surely help to solve crime and overcrowding and traffic?

(Obviously it's not a realistic suggestion, just an illustration that if you want to be allowed to take an argument to one extreme, then you have to allow it to go in the other direction too)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

EU is setting up a 500 billion Covid-19 rescue package, it will be paid of by members ,the EU will try every dirty trick to prevent Brexit, they want that UK money, this will only be a eye opener to EU citizens of how corrupt the EU has become, and hasten the beginning of the end

For someone from 2030, you'd think you'd know the UK is (apparently) finished with the EU the end of this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,372 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Where did i state i have not?
    That comment doesn't say whether you did or not.
    After making a statement like you did at least be honest and own it. If you did get a loan with the intention of short selling them make that statement or admit you didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Buck_rodgers

timetogo1 wrote: »
    You know Brexit has already happened, don't you?
    So how can the EU prevent it?

Britain has not fully left
    If still there next year will be on the hook to pay back the 500 billion Covid-19 fund

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭theological

No. There was no suggestion of extending it to infinity.

To play that game for you in reverse then why not suggest that Scottish or Welsh people should need a visa to come and work in England??

Or maybe that English people born outside of London shouldn't necessarily be allowed to live and work there without permission? Why not implement a system like China? It would surely help to solve crime and overcrowding and traffic?

(Obviously it's not a realistic suggestion, just an illustration that if you want to be allowed to take an argument to one extreme, then you have to allow it to go in the other direction too)

I think you know the answer to the question already. It is pretty self-explanatory.

So much so that I can leave you to draw your own conclusion.

• Advertisement

Must have been a bit ****ty for your short position then when EURUSD jumped on the back of the rescue package agreement.

Or what are you long in? Metals or another currency apart from USD maybe?

What rate and maturity are you locked on for? What is your strategy? Just FX forwards or are you writing/buying options as well?

Fed, BoE, BoJ , and EU are running printers around the clock
    Fed is no longer private, was nationalized by The Donald a few weeks ago
    The "far right" Donald is throwing money around on welfare that is making the left Dems Blush
    Russia and China along with private mines refuse to sell Gold/Silver on the market at current rates
    Me thinks a debt jubilee of some kind is on the way.
    Thoughts?

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    For someone from 2030, you'd think you'd know the UK is (apparently) finished with the EU the end of this year.

They are, but you will see the EU try every dirty trick in the book to keep them in, is that hard to understand?

If still there next year will be on the hook to pay back the 500 billion Covid-19 fund

Apparently they have left. But they're in this weird transition period, that will probably get extended given their terrible track record of negotiations.
    Also, they are in this transition period by choice. They can fully cut the cord whenever they want, but again, their negotiators are terrible and haven't half a clue how things are going to be ran come next year.

I think you know the answer to the question already. It is pretty self-explanatory.

So much so that I can leave you to draw your own conclusion.

Yes. The answer is in my original post.

Your "logic" of saying that if internal EU migration was actually a good thing then they would allow any external migration is as valid as my reverse argument that if the power to stop people migrating based on their skills was a good thing, then the UK would implement it for it's constituent countries.

You extrapolate to nonsense to try to argue a point and I can do likewise

Fed, BoE, BoJ , and EU are running printers around the clock
    Fed is no longer private, was nationalized by The Donald a few weeks ago
    The "far right" Donald is throwing money around on welfare that is making the left Dems Blush
    Russia and China along with private mines refuse to sell Gold/Silver on the market at current rates
    Me thinks a debt jubilee of some kind is on the way.
    Thoughts?

The Fed was not nationalised.

So, back to my question, what are you long on if you are short the Euro?

I take it from your post that you won't be long GBP/JPY or USD

You say you can't get gold or silver at spot (which is a contradiction in itself). If you have a position then what is that position? If you are short EUR then you have to be long something else. Do you have a basket?

I'm just asking out of curiosity. I happen to have some money is USD myself. Not as an active strategy though. More of a passive thing.

• Advertisement

The Fed was not nationalised.

Ignore the fake news
    get it from the horses mouth
    whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions
    the once private Fed is now under control of President Trump
    the media wont announce this as public will want to know why a private entity controlled the money of the country

So, back to my question, what are you long on if you are short the Euro?
    I take it from your post that you won't be long GBP/JPY or USD
    You say you can't get gold or silver at spot (which is a contradiction in itself). If you have a position then what is that position? If you are short EUR then you have to be long something else. Do you have a basket?
    I'm just asking out of curiosity. I happen to have some money is USD myself. Not as an active strategy though. More of a passive thing.
    You fail to see the new paradigm shift regarding money.
    Covid-19 has given central banks the green light to run printing presses night and day, the end was coming but now they can blame it on Covid-19 and China
    You can buy a mickey mouse bit of Gold and Silver today from online dealers, but no chance of buying a Ton out of Russia, China or a private mine, not happening at any price.

You fail to see the new paradigm shift regarding money.
    Covid-19 has given central banks the green light to run printing presses night and day, the end was coming but now they can blame it on Covid-19 and China
    You can buy a mickey mouse bit of Gold and Silver today from online dealers, but no chance of buying a Ton out of Russia, China or a private mine, not happening at any price.

It's a simple question dude. You said you were short EUR. What are you long then?

It's a simple question dude. You said you were short EUR. What are you long then?

The chosen one.
    The one to rule them all.
    Fiat is dead.

The chosen one.
    The one to rule them all.
    Fiat is dead.

So you're long:
    Neo from the Matrix
    Lord of the Rings
    and you bought a fiat cinquecento

It was a simple question. If you can't be serious in your response then don't expect me to be either. It's ok not to have a position. You just said that you had so I asked about it and you have deflected ever since.

So you're long:
    Neo from the Matrix
    Lord of the Rings
    and you bought a fiat cinquecento

It was a simple question. If you can't be serious in your response then don't expect me to be either. It's ok not to have a position. You just said that you had so I asked about it and you have deflected ever since.
    Ok i will give a golden hint for those with half a brain to decipher and secure the financial future of not just yourself but your future bloodline.
    Fiat is a dead man walking, has been on life support for years.
    Gold ,silver are money, buy with both hands.
    Now the real deal.
    Imagine at the birth of the internet, if it was not made public but shares where issued, if you owned the internet you would be more valuable than Google , Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, these companies rely on the internet to work.
    Well the world is on the cusp of the Fourth Industrial Revolution and you can own a part of it, you can own the new "internet" and "Google , Microsoft, Apple, Amazon" will have to pay to use your service.
    Bitcoin was just the prototype, the final product is near launch, every week new partnerships announced, rivals bend the knee and come on board, already confirmed partnerships with Google, Microsoft, Oracle, Salesforce, maybe your not a tech guy and dont know the significance of this , you might be a finance guy, so you will know who SWIFT are and they are a partner.
    Do you see how big this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

blinding wrote: »
    Easy on the Racism there ! ! ! I haven’t seen much from you on this thread for you to be running down anyone ! ! !

Please be informed that, just because you regularly post sh1te here, it doesn't mean you have any actual authority or influence. In fact, the opposite is true.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Please be informed that, just because you regularly post sh1te here, it doesn't mean you have any actual authority or influence. In fact, the opposite is true.

I don't know why people bother with these lads. They're a broken record.

They have their mind set and won't be persuaded, no matter how pathetic and blustering BoJo gets. No different to all the "Brexit means Brexit" and "will of the people" nonsense spouted by people who never had an original thought.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    One is compelled to respond every so often, unfortunately.

I don't know why the hell the other guy is talking about bitcoin. Christ alive. One can only presume that short selling has confused him.

UK printing money like crazy
    Heartless Torys giving out 80% of wages for covid-19 pay
    Billions if not Trillions being spent
    Do you think this is a normal Tory Response?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

2u2me wrote: »
    That's how cult leaders explain it to their members also. If they try to leave it's explained to them that it's not because they want more autonomy; but because they're being selfish trying to hurt the cult.

How can you possibly know intentions of 17.5million people that voted brexit.
    Did they all seek to break the GFA agreement as their primary motive for brexit?

You know what I don't care, it's too ridiculous.

Well, I think it's almost certain that the effects of Brexit on the GFA didn't figure in almost 99% of the votes cast for Leave.

And, while I'm sure there were votes from certain unionists knowing that Brexit was bad for the GFA and voted accordingly, it was likely so miniscule as to be statistically irrelevant.

However, the fact that within Britain and in the lead up to the vote that it didn't figure higher on the agenda like a lot of other things [Google search peak the day after: "What is the EU?"] shows just how ridiculous it is to cast any assumptive intelligence upon any leave vote.

Anyone at this stage who is still peddling the notion that leaving the EU will result in "more autonomy" really needs to cop on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭fash

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    I don't know why people bother with these lads. They're a broken record.

They have their mind set and won't be persuaded, no matter how pathetic and blustering BoJo gets. No different to all the "Brexit means Brexit" and "will of the people" nonsense spouted by people who never had an original thought.
    True enough- I've asked detailed probing questions of Theo (on both his gaming of no deal preparations and consequences for the UK), blinding (on democracy) & others - and they simply ignore the details and roll back to the mantras.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    No the reason we have Polish builders instead of Chinese is the Government doesn't consider a shortage in the trade and have not lifted caps for Non EU nationals.

If the person is worth it then the employer will want to secure the. The cost is within the contrail of national Governments.
    Considering you are now overturning several decades (and man-centuries) worth of detailed economic research from around the world, I look forward to seeing you winning a Nobel prize for this. Truly we live in a golden age.

Again this could and probably will change overtime.
    "There will be no negatives to Brexit- only positives (... And anything that is a negative is only temporary "could and probably will change overtime [sic]"... ). Ok got it - I think.

Crap.
    I.e. you are unable to respond the point and so you are incapable of engaging. Thanks for confirming it.

The point was we all don't get what we want.
    Quite

Are you now trying to imply the UK will not allow a single EU national come?
    are you trying to imply that the UK will directly import literally every single EU national? Why are you implying that - sounds a rather silly suggestion. Have you really thought through the consequences and logistics of that?

These people will come if required and they apply. It will be difficult for Africans to secure such entry to the UK.
    #Pickforbritain.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

It really has "fully" left. It's not been an EU member since 00:00 CET February 1st, 2020.

It's in a transition phase at present.

They could have left the transition phase by now if they didn't spend 2 years acting the maggot and having 2 General Elections with Tory victories.

At this stage the member states don't care.

See how much interest there is in their "Ross and Rachel/will they won't they" crap now that Covid is in town.

The only thing that has ever stopped the UK from either leaving the EU after March 29th, 2019 or any subsequent transition period is... THE UK!

And I for one can't wait for them to spaff it all up the wall.

Ok i will give a golden hint for those with half a brain to decipher and secure the financial future of not just yourself but your future bloodline.
    Fiat is a dead man walking, has been on life support for years.
    Gold ,silver are money, buy with both hands.
    Now the real deal.
    Imagine at the birth of the internet, if it was not made public but shares where issued, if you owned the internet you would be more valuable than Google , Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, these companies rely on the internet to work.
    Well the world is on the cusp of the Fourth Industrial Revolution and you can own a part of it, you can own the new "internet" and "Google , Microsoft, Apple, Amazon" will have to pay to use your service.
    Bitcoin was just the prototype, the final product is near launch, every week new partnerships announced, rivals bend the knee and come on board, already confirmed partnerships with Google, Microsoft, Oracle, Salesforce, maybe your not a tech guy and dont know the significance of this , you might be a finance guy, so you will know who SWIFT are and they are a partner.
    Do you see how big this is?

Fake news there buck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Many of ye are on the side that lost to Democracy. What is the Eu or even Eu-Philes if it will not accept the Democratic decisions of Nation States.

History will not be kind to those that do not Accept and Respect Democracy.

Democrats are supposed to feel Shame and Embarrassment when they do not Accept and Respect Democracy !

Eu-philes and the Eu have neither Shame or Embarrassment for not Accepting and Respecting Democracy !

What does that make Eu-Philes and the Eu ? ? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Many of ye are on the side that lost to Democracy. What is the Eu or even Eu-Philes if it will not accept the Democratic decisions of Nation States.

History will not be kind to those that do not Accept and Respect Democracy.

Democrats are supposed to feel Shame and Embarrassment when they do not Accept and Respect Democracy !

Eu-philes and the Eu have neither Shame or Embarrassment for not Accepting and Respecting Democracy !

What does that make Eu-Philes and the Eu ? ? ?

Democratic since they did accept it.

Well argued sir.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Democratic since they did accept it.

Well argued sir.

What about the Anti-Democrats on here and other places.

In any case the Eu in Cahoots with Anti-Democratic Re-Mainers in Britain have done every trick ( underhand and anti-Democratic ) to Stop the Democratic Decision of the British People in the Referendum and in Every Election since the Referendum.

What are Eu-Philes and the Eu if they will not Accept and Respect the Democratic Decision of the Nation State ? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

What about the Anti-Democrats on here and other places.

In any case the Eu in Cahoots with Anti-Democratic Re-Mainers in Britain have done every trick ( underhand and anti-Democratic ) to Stop the Democratic Decision of the British People in the Referendum and in Every Election since the Referendum.

What are Eu-Philes and the Eu if they will not Accept and Respect the Democratic Decision of the Nation State ? ?

Hehe, you realise you actually argued against yourself and now want to change tact.

So at least we both agree that the EU itself is democratic. That is movement.

As to posters on here not being democratic, I don't agree and have seen very few (I don't recall any but there could be I suppose) any post arguing that the referendum result or indeed the GE be struck off.

But even if people were to hold that view, that is their right and freedom to have that view. It is the essence of democracy.

Hey, there is that word again.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Hehe, you realise you actually argued against yourself and now want to change tact.

So at least we both agree that the EU itself is democratic. That is movement.

As to posters on here not being democratic, I don't agree and have seen very few (I don't recall any but there could be I suppose) any post arguing that the referendum result or indeed the GE be struck off.

But even if people were to hold that view, that is their right and freedom to have that view. It is the essence of democracy.

Hey, there is that word again.
    Donald Tusk was big player from the Eu’s side. He showed know sign of Respecting the Result of the Brexit Referendum. I give Donald Tusk as as one Example. When was Donald Tusk last Elected by an Eu Electorate ( the Electorate of an Eu Country ) ?

I don’t actually know the Answer.

• Advertisement

Donald Tusk was big player from the Eu’s side. He showed know sign of Respecting the Result of the Brexit Referendum. I give Donald Tusk as as one Example. When was Donald Tusk last Elected by an Eu Electorate ( the Electorate of an Eu Country ) ?

I don’t actually know the Answer.
    Please show anything he said which "disrespects" the referendum - in particular let's consider the context that you were not outraged at Farage saying that a 52-48 referendum would "not mean things were over" - or the fact that the wishes of the vast majority of voters to remain in the single market were disrespected - or indeed the vast numbers of young people who would have voted to remain but are stuck with the decisions made by dead Brexiters - aside from illegalities and shady circumstances of the vote - the vote was hardly a good example of what a democratic vote should be - but what more should one expect from the UK - given it's corruption, fake democracy and disrespect for the rule of law.

Advertisement