Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain piss off and get on with Brexit II (mod warning in OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭theological

fash wrote: »
    Would you agree that the democratic deficit in the UK is far, far greater than any alleged democratic deficit in the EU?

Definitely not for obvious reasons.

Mind you, I don't think it is massively important. If the member states of the EU are happy with the process that is fair enough.

However, I definitely don't want Brussels to have any say in what legislation is approved or rejected in Britain after December.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭fash

blinding wrote: »
    2016 Donald Trump won the US presidential Election by the American Rules. Well done Donald. Nobody expected him to win. The Democrats had a big party with celebrities ( the peoples party ) a week before the Election:D:D:D:D:D

The Conservative won a Huge, Gigantic, Landslide, in the December Election and under the British system the party with the Huge-est, Big-est, Massive Majority gets to nominate their Leader as Prime Minister. ( actually they only need a majority ):D

Are you saying that No Irish Taoiseach has ever had any Legitimacy to be Taoiseach:eek::eek:

It’s like I am teaching Politics to Kindergarten ! !
    Tusk won "by the rules"- yet you question him. Neither of the two autocratic corrupt criminal leaders of the US or UK were elected by the respective citizens of their countries - why don't you question them?

And it is like *I* am teaching politics to a kindergarten.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

If the Eu does not Respect and Accept the Democratic Decision of an Independent Nation State ? What does that make the Eu ? ?

Again, same formulaic trash answer.

The only people keeping Britain in the EU are the British. End of story.

They could leave whenever they like.they could have left during Article 50. They could have left without this year long transition period.

They could leave today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Would you agree that the democratic deficit in the UK is far, far greater than any alleged democratic deficit in the EU?
    The British people showed themselves to be more than happy with their decision to boot the Eu out of their Country only as recently as December.

You have been dumped. get some counselling. Maybe go on a few dates ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,542 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

The British people showed themselves to be more than happy with their decision to boot the Eu out of their Country only as recently as December.

You have been dumped. get some counselling. Maybe go on a few dates ! !

Thread title - "will Britain piss off and get on with Brexit"

• Advertisement

Tusk won "by the rules"- yet you question him. Neither of the two autocratic corrupt criminal leaders of the US or UK were elected by the respective citizens of their countries - why don't you question them?

And it is like *I* am teaching politics to a kindergarten.
    I have asked time and time again when Tusk last faced the Electorate of an Eu Country. Stitch ups in Brussels mean nothing to me. Merkel pulled Ursula Von der Leyeun (?) out of her Ar$e the Eu sycophants kissed Angela’s Ar$e and did what sycophants do:eek:

I have asked time and time again when Tusk last faced the Electorate of an Eu Country. Stitch ups in Brussels mean nothing to me. Merkel pulled Ursula Von der Leyeun (?) out of her Ar$e the Eu sycophants kissed Angela’s Ar$e and did what sycophants do:eek:
    It's apples and oranges.

It's as relevant to this discussion as when. BoJo last took a shower.

Thread title - "will Britain piss off and get on with Brexit"
    The British electorate booted the Eu out of their Country. Bye Bye , Good Riddance and your not fooking coming back ! :D:D

Definitely not for obvious reasons.
    Those reasons are entirely opaque to me - in fact as I can see the UK is far less democratic (with its FPTP, whips, tiny cliques, HOL, queen and theocracy, lack of rules, and entirely fails to follow the rule of law - as most recently seen in the (possibly successful) attempts to subvert the rule of law by Johnson & Cummings. I'm very much open to hearing your response to this.
    Mind you, I don't think it is massively important. If the member states of the EU are happy with the process that is fair enough.

However, I definitely don't want Brussels to have any say in what legislation is approved or rejected in Britain after December.
    They already have and will continue to have a big say in it though. Like Ireland following independence, the UK will remain a supplicant without voting rights. And given the lack of democracy in the UK, that is as it should be.

And I've already informed you that I will tell you after you tell me when Johnson and Trump were so voted. All you have to do is answer that question and you will get your answer. Why can't you? It sounds like you don't actually want an answer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I am reminded of the old saw: Never wrestle with a pig. You just get all sweaty and dirty, and the pig enjoys it.

And I've already informed you that I will tell you after you tell me when Johnson and Trump were so voted. All you have to do is answer that question and you will get your answer. Why can't you? It sounds like you don't actually want an answer.
    Who is the President of America ?

Who is the Prime Minister of Britain ?

When you are able to answer those questions then go and play in the sand.

The British electorate booted the Eu out of their Country. Bye Bye , Good Riddance and your not fooking coming back ! :D:D

They should just go. Nobody is stopping them. Technically they already left the building in Jan so why are they still hanging around in the alleyway outside?

You dodged the question on the different voting systems. Could you rank them in your order of preference and let us know which is more "democratic"

davedanon wrote: »
    I am reminded of the old saw: Never wrestle with a pig. You just get all sweaty and dirty, and the pig enjoys it.
    Don’t be so mean to fash. He is only a kid !:D:D

The UK is hanging around like a bad smell. Tusk should reject their next extension request.

They've had 3 chances to leave already and just won't go.

They should just go. Nobody is stopping them. Technically they already left the building in Jan so why are they still hanging around in the alleyway outside?

You dodged the question on the different voting systems. Could you rank them in your order of preference and let us know which is more "democratic"
    I actually like the American System of picking the leader of the Country. So long as like Donald Trump, that person wins by the rules set out before the Election takes place. Well done Donald. Instead of trying to win the Election the Democrats were partying with Celebrities and not going to the important swing States :eek::D

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    The UK is hanging around like a bad smell. Tusk should reject their next extension request.

They've had 3 chances to leave already and just won't go.
    What Job is Tusk doing Now and has he been Elected to that Job ? ? ?:eek:

What Job is Tusk doing Now and has he been Elected to that Job ? ? ?:eek:

Same job Dominic Cummings is doing after he won that election.

I actually like the American System of picking the leader of the Country. So long as like Donald Trump, that person wins by the rules set out before the Election takes place. Well done Donald. Instead of trying to win the Election the Democrats were partying with Celebrities and not going to the important swing States :eek::D

Technically the US President is elected by the electors who make up the electoral college. There have been unfaithful electors who did not vote the way their state mandated them to.

Additionally, individual states decide how to assign their electors and votes

But again, you are trying to dodge the simple question of Irish vs. UK vs continental systems

Who is the President of America ?
    (assuming you are talking about the United States if America) a guy who was voted in by the rules of the system but not by the electorate: Donald Trump
    Who is the Prime Minister of Britain ?
    "Britain" has no prime minister- however if you mean the UK, a guy who was voted in by the rules of the system but not by the electorate: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson.
    When you are able to answer those questions then go and play in the sand.
    Questions answered - now answer my questions.

Edit: although to be honest I'm not expecting a hypocrite to answer my questions.

• Advertisement

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Same job Dominic Cummings is doing after he won that election.
    Well Dominic is more than likely out the door very soon after some miss-steps.

Political Pressure brought to bear. Probably take a nuclear bomb to clear out Eu thrash regardless of what they have done ! !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭theological

Technically the US President is elected by the electors who make up the electoral college. There have been unfaithful electors who did not vote the way their state mandated them to.

Additionally, individual states decide how to assign their electors and votes

The US system is brilliant. It does something that a lot of democratic systems fail to do which is to balance the power between population and representation from the states.

The structure of the House and the Senate is a brilliant example. The House is population based and the Senate is based on representation from the states. The UK could benefit from this type of system if the House of Lords was disestablished and the second house became a house where English concerns were balanced with Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish concerns. Or even regional concerns within England could be amplified.

The electoral college is also a pretty good example of this.

Again, it is a different form of democracy with a lot of advantages.

(assuming you are talking about the United States if America) a guy who was voted in by the rules of the system but not by the electorate: Donald Trump

"Britain" has no prime minister- however if you mean the UK, a guy who was voted in by the rules of the system but not by the electorate: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson.

Questions answered - now answer my questions.

Edit: although to be honest I'm not expecting a hypocrite to answer my questions.
    At least repeat them! Do you think I am going back through the absolute rubbish you post ?

You are posting like a child and if your posts do not improve I will not waste any more time on them !

The US system is brilliant. It does something that a lot of democratic systems fail to do which is to balance the power between population and representation from the states..

The structure of the House and the Senate is a brilliant example. The House is population based and the Senate is based on representation from the states.
    It's like a primitive version of the EU's system. I'm glad you see the benefits.

Like a primitive version of the EU's system.
    The UK could benefit from this type of system if the House of Lords was disestablished and the second house became a house where English concerns were balanced with Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish concerns. Or even regional concerns within England could be amplified.

The electoral college is also a pretty good example of this.

Again, it is a different form of democracy with a lot of advantages.
    Indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

At least repeat them! Do you think I am going back through the absolute rubbish you post ?

You are posting like a child and if your posts do not improve I will not waste any more time on them !

Self-awareness fail.

Or maybe I should put it in your language: takes one to know one.

davedanon wrote: »
    Self-awareness fail.

Or maybe I should put it in your language: takes one to know one.
    Back at ya bro !;)

1. When (if ever) were Johnson or Trump elected by the respective electorates of their countries?
    2. Just search my previous posts regarding all of the questions on the lack of legitimacy of the Brexit vote - there are a lot but to start:
    Why not allow require a legally complaint vote on Brexit?
    Why disrespect the overwhelming will of the people to remain in the single market?
    Why not put the current form of proposed Brexit to the vote now the proposed way forward is reasonably clear?
    Why do you disrespect the will of the people who voted in the 1970's to be in the EEC?
    Why disrespect the will of the people who for 4 years after the Brexit vote by a significant majority wanted to remain in the EU?
    Why do you disrespect the will of the people of Northern Ireland and the will of the people of Scotland?
    3. Please explain why you hate democracy so much?

1. When (if ever) were Johnson or Trump elected by the respective electorates of their countries?
    2. Just search my previous posts regarding all of the questions on the lack of legitimacy of the Brexit vote - there are a lot but to start:
    Why not allow require a legally complaint vote on Brexit?
    Why disrespect the overwhelming will of the people to remain in the single market?
    Why not put the current form of proposed Brexit to the vote now the proposed way forward is reasonably clear?
    Why do you disrespect the will of the people who voted in the 1970's to be in the EEC?
    Why disrespect the will of the people who for 4 years after the Brexit vote by a significant majority wanted to remain in the EU?
    Why do you disrespect the will of the people of Northern Ireland and the will of the people of Scotland?
    3. Please explain why you hate democracy so much?
    Did you even proof read the nonsense you post ? ? ?

The British people Voted to stay the EEC ( not the Eu ) in 1974. That Vote was respected. As a matter of fact they were lied to and that there would not be further integration.

2016 ; They Voted to leave the EU and that Vote was in no way what so ever Respected by the Anti-Democratic Re-Mainers.

The British people both before and after the Referendum were told their Vote would be Respected.

The sooner Northern Ireland and Scotland get 50% + 1 to leave the UK the better. It should be a doddle. I can’t believe there is not 50%+1 at the door of the Secretary for Northern Ireland’s door every single day ! Where are ye , Where are Ye ?

Little Glitch re; the Scottish Nationalists ! One Third of SNP Voters Voted for Brexit, Thats One Third :eek::eek: Anybody with half a brain can see that the Eu’s long term plan is to destroy the Nation State. It looks like One Third of SNP Voters have worked that one out ! ! !:eek:

I suppose you think the Pat Rabbite form of Democracy is good ; Tell the People any auld bollox at General Election time and then go in to back rooms and do as the politicians please in ‘ coalitions ‘; If you can’t work out you are been played by the politicians there then you are green as grass ! !

No politician in Britain is proposing any other referendums on the Eu. It would get an even greater hammering and the politicians would be destroyed for wasting every-bodies time. Even Kier Starmer said the other day that the Eu question is decided i.e. That Britain is leaving. This coming from the fella that picked a shadow cabinet of Re-Mainers. How he expects Brexit Voting seats in the North to return to Labour with that shower is anybodies guess ! ! !

Did you even proof read the nonsense you post ? ? ?

The British people Voted to stay the EEC ( not the Eu ) in 1974. That Vote was respected. As a matter of fact they were lied to and that there would not be further integration.

2016 ; They Voted to leave the EU and that Vote was in no way what so ever Respected by the Anti-Democratic Re-Mainers.

The British people both before and after the Referendum were told their Vote would be Respected.

The sooner Northern Ireland and Scotland get 50% + 1 to leave the UK the better. It should be a doddle. I can’t believe there is not 50%+1 at the door of the Secretary for Northern Ireland’s door every single day ! Where are ye , Where are Ye ?

Little Glitch re; the Scottish Nationalists ! One Third of SNP Voters Voted for Brexit, Thats One Third :eek::eek: Anybody with half a brain can see that the Eu’s long term plan is to destroy the Nation State. It looks like One Third of SNP Voters have worked that one out ! ! !:eek:

I suppose you think the Pat Rabbite form of Democracy is good ; Tell the People any auld bollox at General Election time and then go in to back rooms and do as the politicians please in ‘ coalitions ‘; If you can’t work out you are been played by the politicians there then you are green as grass ! !

No politician in Britain is proposing any other referendums on the Eu. It would get an even greater hammering and the politicians would be destroyed for wasting every-bodies time. Even Kier Starmer said the other day that the Eu question is decided i.e. That Britain is leaving. This coming from the fella that picked a shadow cabinet of Re-Mainers. How he expects Brexit Voting seats in the North to return to Labour with that shower is anybodies guess ! ! !
    Answer my questions please.

Edit: as I said previously, (despite your promise to answer my questions if I answered yours) I don't expect that you will because I believe you are a hypocrite. (Disingenuous hypocrites gotta disingenuously "hypocritise".). I note that your failure to respond so far would appear to confirm that belief. I'm expecting this second opportunity to further confirm that. Note for anyone watching, it also confirms that you are a hypocrite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Blinding, the vote was respected, hence why the UK have left.

You, again, seem to be confusing democracy with denying freedom of speech. The very essence of democracy is that I must accept the result I do not have stop talking about my views.

As usual, brexiteers have no actual positives to talk about in relation to Brexit so are forced to talk about remainers and EU democracy and other irrelevant nonsense. It's like they are stuck in the campaign and have no idea what to actually do next.

What are the economic impacts of WTO?
    If negative, how long before it turns positive?
    What services will be cut to deal with reduced taxes?
    What laws will change due to leaving the EU?
    What will replace EU funding for farmers?
    What is the plan now that Britons have lost their right to work in the EU?
    What is the plan for foreign professionals if the EU do not agree to equivalence?
    What is the plan for the auto makers if tariffs or quotas are imposed?
    How quickly will the third party trade deals be agreed?
    What happens in the meantime?
    What happens if a NI resident takes the UK to the ECJ?
    What plans are in place if an agreement on fisheries isnt reached and UK fishermen can't export?

Advertisement