Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4, broken screen, photo recovery

• 26-01-2020 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I have an old iphone 4, the screen broke, and the charge port broke as well. I got a replacement charge port at the time but never put it in.

Can you tell me what the easiest way to recover info/photos etc would be?

Replace the charge port and plug it in, but then I have no screen to put the pin in etc? Is there an easier way?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

If there is a PIN lock then you need a screen in order to take anything off the phone. Screens are pretty cheap so if the photos are of value, pay to get a new screen, save everything from the phone and then sell the phone. You should get the cost of the new screen back at least.

If there is a PIN lock then you need a screen in order to take anything off the phone. Screens are pretty cheap so if the photos are of value, pay to get a new screen, save everything from the phone and then sell the phone. You should get the cost of the new screen back at least.

For an iPhone 4? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭salad17

Yeah I know screens are cheap, it just takes me ages to change them, which is the bit I was trying to avoid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭djdunny

Have you logged into iCloud.com to see if the photos are showing there?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭salad17

Yeah, it was an old phone so I don't think I had it set up then. It's not on my current icloud anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement