Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Cassette

Options
  • 26-01-2020 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Little bit of background.

Changed my chain on 11 speed mtb, chain was then slipping in the higher gears so changed the cassette.

Long story short didn't have access to bike when i ordered so i bought a 11x46. My bike actually had a 11-40

Put it on the bike but noticed on the box that it was marked for 1x drivetrains and i have 2x.

Whats the issue or is there any?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Yes, there is an issue with derailleur capacity/chain length afaik

This explains it: https://www.reddit.com/r/MTB/comments/66m0r6/shimano_2_x_11_questions/

if you are happy not to use the gears at the extreme ends of the ranges you might get away with it, but not advisable

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭barleyman

Thanks Boomdocker, looks like your googling skills are better than mine!!

I rode it before i saw the box so looks like i have a spare cassette for when i go 1x....

Thanks again

Advertisement