Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

BoldReason wrote: »
    Ya seems to be conflicting reports I'm going to remove that post for now.

That's the problem with breaking news in 2020. You don't know what's true and what isn't. Reporters want to be the first to report something and a lot of time they jump the gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

"Two separate sources tell CNN that basketball legend Kobe Bryant, 41, died early Sunday morning in Los Angeles, CA."
    https://edition.cnn.com/us/live-news/kobe-bryant-dies-in-helicopter-crash/index.html

RIP. An all-time great who elevated the stature of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,779 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

That's the problem with breaking news in 2020. You don't know what's true and what isn't. Reporters want to be the first to report something and a lot of time they jump the gun.

To be fair. We all know this. The second I saw “twitter” and “TMZ” I knew I’d to wait for it to be confirmed by a source that aren’t total and utter garbage scumbags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

BoldReason wrote: »
    Ya seems to be conflicting reports I'm going to remove that post for now.

This is the problem now , all the outlets falling over themselves to report something first. They miss the initial news then run with any bit of hearsay that pops up on twitter in the hope of hitting something true.

To be fair. We all know this. The second I saw “twitter” and “TMZ” I knew I’d to wait for it to be confirmed by a source that aren’t total and utter garbage scumbags.

Yeah. TMZ is a rag but they seem to get deaths right most of the time.

Latest is that the kids weren't on the flight. But again, who are the sources?

https://twitter.com/AWainwrightTV/status/1221526799542255616

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Electrifying player. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Seems definite now

US basketball legend Kobe Bryant has been killed in a helicopter crash in California, US media report.
    Bryant was travelling in a private helicopter when it burst into flames above the city of Calabasas, according to the reports.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51256756

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

I posted the OP, and to be fair, if you read through the original tweet it was quite clear that is was very likely true. I wouldn't have posted otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

To be fair, as ****e as TMZ are, they don't get deaths wrong and they wouldn't put their reputation on the line with this one.

Still, if it wasn't his kids, 3 other passengers and the pilot have lost their lives too. Equally as tragic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

RIP. An all-time great who elevated the stature of the game.

Heightist

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Wow, that's a shock. Even if you know nothing about basketball you'll know who Kobe Bryant is, very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

One outlet is reporting that his daughters were the passengers. I hope not, cant imagine what his wife is going through if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,779 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Still, if it wasn't his kids, 3 other passengers and the pilot have lost their lives too. Equally as tragic.

RIP All

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Posts like this are just pathetic

Yeah absolutely shocking. By all accounts he was foremost an amazing human being who inspired and helped millions of young people.

Wow, that's a shock. Even if you know nothing about basketball you'll know who Kobe Bryant is, very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,186 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Here we go with people who probably say "Sportsball" thinking they're great when in reality they're gobshítes who feel the need to give a snide comment on something they have fúck all interest in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

There are some media outlets saying his 4 daughters were on board but also say that 5 people were killed. Unless he was the pilot himself?

The poor wife if that is all true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

He must have flown in a helicopter hundreds if not thousands of times absolutely shocking that, that was his last journey in one.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Vital Transformation

LeBron James is just after passing him in the NBA all time scoring list. Kobe congratulated him on social media just a few hours before dying.

There are some media outlets saying his 4 daughters were on board but also say that 5 people were killed. Unless he was the pilot himself?

The poor wife if that is all true.

Yes he was the pilot. I really hope it's not true that his daughters were also on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

beejee wrote: »
    Exactly. Nobody else, absolutely nobody else, could pop a ball in a hoop like that. It inspires hope in humanity and literally billions of people on earth were inspired to one day also get hundreds of millions for bouncing a ball.

Amazing.

There's no point even replying to such a moronic post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

beejee wrote: »
    He was a very tall person who put bouncy balls through hoops in exchange for hundreds of millions of euro.

Where we go from here, I don't know. But if we group together and give a shoulder to lean on in this testing time, maybe, just maybe, we'll get through this.

You obviously have no clue how big of a legend he was in the sporting world. Close to Michael Jordan. He would have been paid in dollars btw. Tho I suppose maybe you don't know what they are as your worldview seems quite limited.

Oh and there are reports his 4 young daughters also died in the crash.

Any more hilarious zingers to add?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

my fcuking heart
    the best 1v1 player ever

aww man that's horrid, his kids died too?

TMZ are reporting now that at least one of his daughters was on board. Terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Yes he was the pilot.

Awful stuff. Not that long since Roy Halladay died that way

(not to suggest that Kobe was flying like Roy was but the fact he piloted it himself hits home the same way)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Famously scored 81 points in a single game. Wilt Chamberlain holds the record (100) back in the 60s, for modern day Basketball that was unprecidented.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Advertisement