Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Dublin to Donegal Town

Options
  • 26-01-2020 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey, planning on cycling Dublin City Centre to Donegal Town in April. Hoping to stop over night to break the journey into 100km (ish) per day. Can anyone advise of the following
    1. Route (obviously we'd like some good scenery and not too hilly!
    2. Training schedule
    Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Dublin- Cavan- Donegal would be my suggestion. Two options the flat way and the scenic way! Nothing mental though.

South of Oldacastle, I wouldn't be sure but its a lovely cycle over Lough Crew, down into Oldcastle, Mountnugent, Kilnaleck to Cavan. Quiet enough roads.

From Cavan I would go Belturbet, Ballyconnell (via the Yellow Road), Bawnboy, over Glan Gap (absolutely beautiful, 300m or so, but steady and very manageable), Glangevlin, Glenfarne, Kiltyclogher, Rossinver, Garrison, Ballyshannon and Donegal, vai the coast if you have it in the legs. This would be a gorgeous cycle, roughly 130k with 1300m of climbing,

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

https://cycle.travel/

try using this website, will guide along the more scenic routes and try avoid as many main roads as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ruth.obrien

Gallant_JJ wrote: »
    Dublin- Cavan- Donegal would be my suggestion. Two options the flat way and the scenic way! Nothing mental though. QUOTE]

Sweet, thanks for your detailed reply. Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ruth.obrien

try using this website, will guide along the more scenic routes and try avoid as many main roads as possible

Great link, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

https://cycle.travel/

Great site btw.

• Advertisement
Advertisement