Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions welcome

• 27-01-2020 12:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm unemployed at the moment, been struggling with depression + anxiety for a long time.

Brother moved away for work foreign i'd keep in touch sending him messages each few days and he would do the same. he came home in Jan for 10 days and each night would go to the pub, I don't frequent that pub at all really, once in a blue moon.

When he came home drunk each night he'd say to me sorry, just wanted to go the pub but we'll get a few cans at home tomorrow or go into town instead, that type of thing. That pretty much repeated for the 10 days I felt like I was being talked to like I was a pawn for him and that he thought I couldn't see through it.

Before he moved away I felt pretty much the same thing, he'd promise during the week we'd get a few cans in his apartment or go into town for some pints but come 10pm on his phone he'd just ignore me then at 1 or 2am say the same thing, "sorry we'll def get do something tomorrow" but it never really happened. We're both single just to add.

I guess what I don't understand is that if the roles were reserved I wouldn't treat him like that, especially when he knows I've struggling a lot lately. I sent a few messages over the last few months telling him. We were very close growing up and still are I guess, but I've been questioning it a lot over the past couple years.

Could have just gone to the local pub but I don't get along with some people there and I don't like being in that situation when there's drink involved, the people who visit that particular pub are drinking buddies of his and not mine. I've isolated myself a lot over the years so maybe I'm just being selfish expecting anything else.

Advertisement