Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta Thunberg (Continued...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2020/02/23/meet-anti-greta-young-youtuber-campaigning-against-climate-alarmism/

“The reason I don’t like the term anti-Greta is that it suggests I myself am an indoctrinated puppet, I guess, for the other side,” she says in one video. Asked if she meant that as a criticism of Greta, Naomi says: “That sounds kind of mean, actually.” She added: “I don’t want to shame her in any way

Ouch, I hope this girl checks that her brakes in her car haven't been tampered with, the next time she goes for a drive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

That's all kinds of creepy.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,524 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Latest round the world tour travel update.

This week Thunberg is in the United Kingdom to join a school strike in Bristol on Friday.

The kid who doesn't go to school at all - is still attending strikes from school! ;)

Anyway having taken some time out whilst in the UK to Visit Oxford where she met up with Malala Yousafzai from Pakistan - a well known activist promoting female education and the youngest Nobel Prize laureate to date

Malala posted a photo of them both on Twitter and commented ..."She's the only friend I'd skip school for."

I hope the Irony of that statement isn't lost on our girl from Sweden ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

gozunda wrote: »
    Latest round the world tour travel update.

This week Thunberg is in the United Kingdom to join a school strike in Bristol on Friday.

The kid who doesn't go to school at all - is still attending strikes from school! ;)

Anyway having taken some time out whilst in the UK to Visit Oxford where she met up with Malala Yousafzai from Pakistan - a well known activist promoting female education and the youngest Nobel Prize laureate to date

Malala posted a photo of them both on Twitter and commented ..."She's the only friend I'd skip school for."

I hope the Irony of that statement isn't lost on our girl from Sweden ...

How do you keep up with all of this? You're obsessed. And isn't she on a gap year from school?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

How do you keep up with all of this? You're obsessed. And isn't she on a gap year from school?

There's this thing called the internet.

There's this thing called the internet.

But why are any of you interested in this girl? I'm a pink haired liberal greenie and I know hardly anything about her but the anti-Greta folk seem to know it all. It's odd.

Oh ffs. You again. It's a thread about greta or did you not notice that????

Do us a favour - go read the thread title.

How do people find out about things in the real world? Heres news for ya , its called a newsfeed. I'd suggest you start finding out about the real world for just once ...

Btw your little friend was quite clear that studying was waste of time. So are stupid comments like yours here imho.

Oh ffs. You again. It's a thread about greta or did you not notice that????

Do us a favour and stop relying to other posters here because all you write is ****e at best.

How do people find out about things in the real world? Heres news for ya , its called a newsfeed. I'd suggest you start finding out about the real world for just once ...

Btw your little friend was quite clear that studying was waste of time. So are stupid comments like yours here imho.

You are one sad bastard. I know you'll ejaculate now too pressing the report post button. Gross, i just made your day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

You are one sad bastard. I know you'll ejaculate now too pressing the report post button. Gross, i just made your day.

🤮

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

gozunda wrote:
    Still waiting for that answer gozunda. I answered the exact same question from you - are you going to answer the same question back?
    KyussB wrote: »
    I already said yesterday that I agree with the IPCC's boundaries. Do you agree with the IPCC's boundaries?

Still waiting for that answer gozunda. I answered the exact same question from you - are you going to answer the same question back?

Lol. Several weeks later and you're still on about the same thing. Btw why should I answer the 'same question back' - which I actually asked you'???? My position on is climate change is quite clear btw - yours is not.

You evidently didnt agree with the IPCC when you wanted to come up with your own "acceptable" temperature limits. I still dont believe you do btw. Hence my question to you.

More importantly you were asked why you think carbon management systems were "'fraudulent accounting tricks"? You sill haven't answered that very important question btw and still trying to deflect

So ok you wont answer that let's move to something relevant - tell me what do you think of gretas latest travels whilst skipping school?

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    🀮

Lol. That's a fairly common reaction to most of that posters comments tbh. Seems to have some serious issues refering to people as pricks amongst other anatomical obsessions...

Lol. Several weeks later and you're still on about the same thing. Btw why should I answer the 'same question back' which I asked you'???? My position on is climate change is quite clear btw - yours is not.

You evidently didnt agree with the IPCC when you wanted to come up with your own temperature limits. I still dont believe you do btw. Hence my question to you.

More importantly you were asked why you think carbon management systems were "'fraudulent accounting tricks"? You sill haven't answered that very important question btw and still trying to deflect

So ok you wont answer that let's move to something relevant - tell me what do you think of gretas latest travels whilst skipping school?
    I explicitly said I agree with the IPCC's limits. Do you agree with them, or not?

Your position is not clear. Do you agree with any of the IPCC's limits (they have four different temperature projection categories - each escalating in terms of severity) - yes or no? (you don't even have to specify which projections you agree with here - so I'm being exceptionally lax)

It seems that you refuse to state agreement or disagreement, with ANY of the IPCC's limits - even after you demand this from other posters - and even after you get a statement of agreeing with the IPCC's limits, from other posters - which is extremely hypocritical, on your part.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

It appears that in Sweden her "Schooling" has ended.
    Whether she decides to continue into third level is unclear.

It's not about being "obsessed" with Greta of itself,but this may merely reflect Greta's own obsession with convincing her peers not to attend school ?
    Thelonious Monk
    But why are any of you interested in this girl? I'm a pink haired liberal greenie and I know hardly anything about her but the anti-Greta folk seem to know it all. It's odd.

What we know,you know,all by virtue of Ms Thunberg's well oiled and adroitly managed Publicity Machine.

I remain sceptical of this young lady's campaign,not because of who she is,or anything to do with her as an individual,but rather out of concern at the motives behind the back-room team who accompany her around the world and who increasingly appear to micro manage her public appearances.

I do hope Greta Thunberg is allowed her own space to reflect upon things,as most "ordinary" young folk might wish to do,but instead I see her being pushed constantly to the fore in order to deliver ever more strident lectures to scientists,politicians and,of course other young people.

It's just not gelling with me anyway. :rolleyes:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

I explicitly said I agree with the IPCC's limits. Do you agree with them, or not?Your position is not clear. Do you agree with any of the IPCC's limits (they have four different temperature projection categories - each escalating in terms of severity) - yes or no? (you don't even have to specify which projections you agree with here - so I'm being exceptionally lax) It seems that you refuse to state agreement or disagreement, with ANY of the IPCC's limits - even after you demand this from other posters - and even after you get a statement of agreeing with the IPCC's limits, from other posters - which is extremely hypocritical, on your part.

Nope. Again that's the question I asked you because despite the affirmative.
    You evidently didnt agree with the IPCC when you wanted to come up with your own temperature limits. I still dont believe you do btw. Hence my question to you.

So that or I'm simply going to continue to discuss gretas current travels. Or I can put you on ignore. I really dont care eitherway. Up to you..

AlekSmart wrote: »
    It appears that in Sweden her "Schooling" has ended.
    Whether she decides to continue into third level is unclear.

It's not about being "obsessed" with Greta of itself,but this may merely reflect Greta's own obsession with convincing her peers not to attend school

What we know,you know,all by virtue of Ms Thunberg's well oiled and adroitly managed Publicity Machine.

I remain sceptical of this young lady's campaign,not because of who she is,or anything to do with her as an individual,but rather out of concern at the motives behind the back-room team who accompany her around the world and who increasingly appear to micro manage her public appearances.

I do hope Greta Thunberg is allowed her own space to reflect upon things,as most "ordinary" young folk might wish to do,but instead I see her being pushed constantly to the fore in order to deliver ever more strident lectures to scientists,politicians and,of course other young people.

It's just not gelling with me anyway. :rolleyes:

I agree with most of that. And I believe and hope the most important thing for her is that she returns to some form of education asap. However its clear the current mode of discussion is to discuss absolute waffle and to attack anyone or not identifying as purple haired green liberal greta supporter or similar. God help us we actually discuss anything relevant ...

Nope. Again that's the question I asked you because despite the affirmative.

So that or I'm simply going to continue to discuss gretas current travels. Or I can put you on ignore. I really dont care eitherway. Up to you..
    You asked me whether or not I agreed with the IPCC's limits - I said I agree with them. You asked me that, in response to being asked what your limits are. You refuse to answer the same question, that you asked me, and which I answered.

Do you agree with any of the IPCC's limits, or not?

It's a fair question. You asked me this question, I answered it. You're a hypocrite - demanding an answer to a question you refuse to answer yourself - and then refusing to give your own answer, when I answered it.

Pretty typical - you want to demand answers from other people, while never providing any yourself - with the ultimate hypocrisy of not even giving an answer to the very question you yourself asked.

You asked me whether or not I agreed with the IPCC's limits - I said I agree with them. You asked me that, in response to being asked what your limits are. You refuse to answer the same question, that you asked me, and which I answered.
    Do you agree with any of the IPCC's limits, or not?It's a fair question. You asked me this question, I answered it. You're a hypocrite - demanding an answer to a question you refuse to answer yourself - and then refusing to give your own answer, when I answered it. Pretty typical - you want to demand answers from other people, while never providing any yourself - with the ultimate hypocrisy of not even giving an answer to the very question you yourself asked.

Tantrum eh? Nope Im afraid you are trying to deflect again by asking me one of the same questions I asked you.

Btw Calling posters names wont help. See above...

I specifically asked two relevant questions- and so far you've refused to answer why you think carbon management systems are 'fraudulent accounting tricks'.

Simply answer the question above as was asked or get away out of it. Because your posts are making no sense whatsoever ...

Fek it. Enough of this rubbish. Welcome to the ignore list.

Tantrum eh? Nope Im afraid you are trying to deflect again by asking me one of the same questions I asked you.

Btw Calling posters names wont help. See above...

I specifically asked two relevant questions- and so far you've refused to answer why you think carbon management systems are 'fraudulent accounting tricks'.

Simply answer the question above as was asked or get away out of it. Because your posts are making no sense whatsoever ...

Fek it. Enough of this rubbish. Welcome to the ignore list.
    You were asked what limits you agree with, before you asked me any of that - you are deflecting and refusing to answer - even when I have answered questions you've asked me.

You're very clearly trying to avoid answering. You're a hypocrite who demands others answer questions, and refuses to answer any yourself (even the exact same questions you demand of others!) - who will demand others pin down their views and positions, while leaving your own completely undefined - so you can hypocritically snipe from the background, without ever having to state a definitive position of your own, that can be criticized.

You asked me if I agree with the IPCC's limits. I do. Now answer your own question: Do you agree with the IPCC's limits, or not?

You are very conspicuously avoiding specifying any kind of limits to climate change, that you consider unacceptable to pass - all posters reading can see that - and people will all understand, what that implies - and how discreditable that is, to any criticisms of action on climate change.

• Advertisement

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2020/02/23/meet-anti-greta-young-youtuber-campaigning-against-climate-alarmism/

Ouch, I hope this girl checks that her brakes in her car haven't been tampered with, the next time she goes for a drive!

Not sure what you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

Thunberg and her family laughing all the way to the bank. Family live like royalty off the back of this nonsense.

Ironcially they have a carbon footprint 10 times the size of Godzilla.

George Carlin knew what was up over 20 year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

Not sure what you mean?

Greta clearly has very powerful, unnamed people and organisations supporting her, possibly a few with dubious agendas

Some of them might not take too kindly to someone being "anti greta"

Greta clearly has very powerful, unnamed people and organisations supporting her, possibly a few with dubious agendas

Fair enough. I reckon there's a whole cabal of those already on Boards :pac:

Think I'm joking? Try making a comment about something greta said.

Russian bots wouldn't have a look in tbh ..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Fair enough. I reckon there's a whole cabal of those already on Boards :pac:

Think I'm joking? Try making a comment about something greta said ...

how dare you!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

how dare you!

Quite.

Anyway,today is Friday and therefore it's Bristol,so come on down......

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-51663632
    "We are the change, and change is coming whether you like it or not," the Swedish environmentalist said.
    "Activism works so I'm telling you to act," she said. "We are being betrayed by those in power."
    "This emergency is being completely ignored by the politicians, the media and those in power.
    "So what did you do during this crucial time? I will not be silenced when the world is on fire."

....and so on...etc

MInd you,every dark cloud may conceal a sunbeam within.....

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/college-green-greta-damage-mud-3898307

:)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Richard Dawkins saying she's "inspirational"

https://twitter.com/RichardDawkins/status/1233376993913245697?s=20

Yes, an anarchist thug that is alligned with AntiFA is "inspirational" Richard.

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Quite.
    Anyway,today is Friday and therefore it's Bristol,so come on down......
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-51663632
    ....and so on...etc
    MInd you,every dark cloud may conceal a sunbeam within.....
    https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/college-green-greta-damage-mud-3898307

:)

:D

They had her mouthing off on the BBC news. Apparently shes still blaming the adults for everything.

That said must be absolutely delighted with the effect the current Coronavirus outbreak on the Worlds Markets. She on record of not being a fan of 'economic growth' so the current down turn should have cheered her up no end :pac:

Although considering the number of cases of Corona virus in the UK - organising yet another protest may not been in the best interests of anyones health and safety. But somehow I dont reckon that's on the agenda there ...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I hear she’s fairly handy at creating viruses in her lab too...DUN DUN dun...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words... Sometimes it's worth even more than that.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_t6s85UwAAxtvh.jpg

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Advertisement