Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding on sensor light to existing garden light

Options
  • 27-01-2020 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Folks,
    I bought a second sensor light for the back garden to cover an area around the side of my house that's unlit. I am planning on wiring it to the existing sensor light (about 5 metres away) but I was wondering if there is any special 3 core cable that I would need?

I was looking to keep the cable white for aesthetics purposes but surely I wouldn't need armoured cable would I?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,992 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

teflon wrote: »
    Folks,
    I bought a second sensor light for the back garden to cover an area around the side of my house that's unlit. I am planning on wiring it to the existing sensor light (about 5 metres away) but I was wondering if there is any special 3 core cable that I would need?

I was looking to keep the cable white for aesthetics purposes but surely I wouldn't need armoured cable would I?

TIA

I added lights to the front of the house recently and bought cable that was rated for exterior use. Black was the only colour I could find, all other colours seem to be internal only.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

teflon wrote: »
    Folks,

TIA

There is thick coated white cable available th your local electrical wholesaler to purchase by the meter the same thickness as would be on your kettle or toaster,
    If routing along the ground you could run it inside some PVC conduit to add protection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Get some 3x1.5 nym-j cable.

Advertisement