Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork area upholster for saddle

Options
  • 27-01-2020 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭

Did a decent job but removed it as I just didn't get the tension in the seats dip as I wanted. It's something that needs hands that have a feel for this and mine don't or at least could with more practising but anymore and the cover will be wrecked and it's expensive enough soo....

Have you used someone?
    Were they tasty and would ye recommend them?

There was someone in an industrial estate somewhere in glanmire iirc? Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

There is an excellent gent out in Bishopstown, off the Curraheen road.

I used him a few years ago and did an incredible job.

James Savage, 39 Uam Var Avenue. You'll have to google his number (blocked here).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭H_Lime

There is an excellent gent out in Bishopstown, off the Curraheen road.

I used him a few years ago and did an incredible job.

James Savage, 39 Uam Var Avenue. You'll have to google his number (blocked here).

Say no more and thanks a million for that I'll get after him Llewellen.
    If he can do what I couldn't I'll be delighted as any flaw here will scream look at me lol.

IMG-20200220-104910.jpg

IMG-20200220-104915.jpg

Chuffed with that, Jim is a pleasure to deal with and does great work, recommend him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,319 ✭✭✭✭blade1

H_Lime wrote: »
    IMG-20200220-104910.jpg

IMG-20200220-104915.jpg

Chuffed with that, Jim is a pleasure to deal with and does great work, recommend him.

That's sweet!!
    That bike is going to look amazing when it's finished ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

That is amazing. Money well spent.

• Advertisement

Here's the difference when I put the cover on. You can see the gel insert I fitted. I was very unhappy with that as I went to efforts to make it fit flush.
    IMG-20191127-210303.jpg
    I placed closed cell 3mm polyethylene foam over the saddle prior to fitting in the hope of masking the different densities of the seat foam/gel and gel pad when the cover compresses them both.

What Jim did was use what appeared to be an open cell foam of similar width which gives loft. The polyethylene foam doesn't! This masks the gel so you can't see it. My foam choice didn't lift the cover off the saddle which is why you could see it and not in his. That and his skills in fitting the cover!
    His work is really very good and far tighter fitting than my efforts.

IMG-20200220-175844.jpg

IMG-20200220-175828.jpg

Advertisement