Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consumer rights, online purchase

Options
  • 27-01-2020 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for some advice on consumer rights when buying from China.

My partner bought me a camera tripod for Christmas, she ordered it direct from the manufacturers website at the end of November. When I opened it on Christmas day I discovered that it was broken. I contacted customer service explaining the situation to which they replied looking for more details and pictures showing the fault. I replied giving the info they wanted but they just keep replying asking for more info.

The last email I sent was two and a half weeks ago which they have not replied to.

I feel like I'm fighting a loosing battle dealing with them through email but don't know where to go next.

I've since found these reviews regarding the company, pity we didn't see this before buying the tripod ;(

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/kentfaith.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,582 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Not covered by EU distance selling Directive unfortunately, so apart from adding to the bad reviews there is not much you can do legally. Maybe discuss with your bank about doing a chargeback on your card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

Dav010 wrote: »
    Not covered by EU distance selling Directive unfortunately, so apart from adding to the bad reviews there is not much you can do legally. Maybe discuss with your bank about doing a chargeback on your card.

That's what I was afraid of, we would have been better buying the item from Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Chargeback on card.

sounds like an open and shut case, im sure the back will help once you submit your paperwork.

Advertisement