Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭scooby321

Anyone who went to the Constitutional lecture in UCD willing to share what cases were covered? I wasn't able to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Aoaoaoao2019

Hey, does anyone have sample answers for equity? Have others I can swap cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭CiaranS93

Personally, I just did 5 topics which were Corporate borrowing, Share transfer, Shareholder protection, Restriction and Directors. I don't want to say the same topics come up every year in case they don't this time but I worked off the basis that the same topics usually come up and I got lucky. I think covering the whole course is pointless as the topics are usually not mixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jip000

Hey, does anyone have sample answers for equity? Have others I can swap cheers

Hi there, pm me for equity sample answers. If you have contract sample answers to trade, thatd be great

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Has anyone got a good grid for company? I’ve got good ones for Tort and EU I can offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭niamh1612

Hey guys,

For people who are applying to carry their passed fe1s through to march from october, could he tell me what address he posted the application form to or do we just email it back ?? Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mariussulla1977

Hi Guys

Is it too late to try and pass 5 exams from scratch? I have manuals etc and have work off between now and the exams. Is this achievable?
    Also, what would be the 5 easiest to pass?

Would appreciate any help

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

Anyone have a sample answer on constructive trusts I have lots of stuff to swap

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Louis Litt

Constitutional notes typed from City Colleges manaul.

Long shot, but does anybody have notes typed up using the city clleges manaul for constitutional?

I have a substansial set of notes for Conmtract, Company, Criminal and Property to swap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Sineaddh

Hi Guys

Is it too late to try and pass 5 exams from scratch? I have manuals etc and have work off between now and the exams. Is this achievable?
    Also, what would be the 5 easiest to pass?

Would appreciate any help

I can’t advise if it’s too late to start, if you’re learning law completely from scratch it could be difficult. If you have a basis from college or work etc I think it’s definitely doable. I think the easiest 4 are criminal, contract, EU and property. Then possibly equity, it’s not easy but there is overlap with contract and property. I think everyone has different opinions on each subject though so someone else’s advice might be totally different! Good luck :)

• Advertisement

Anyone have any clue when we’ll hear back from the Educational committee? How soon after did anyone hear who applied the last sitting? Really throwing off my study just ignoring 2 subjects in the hope I don’t have to sit them :/

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Redhighking

Hey,

Would anyone be able to tell me where I can get the unmarked copies of legislation? Preferably new.

Order online from the Office of Public Works (OPW) for Companies Act 2014 and the Succession Acts, while the EU legislation/regulations are available in a specific textbook that can be bought in bookshops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Law1997

are people typing or writing notes?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭CMUL

Anyone who has sat Constitution is he looking for quality over quantity? There really is so much to learn

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vid36

CMUL wrote: »
    Anyone who has sat Constitution is he looking for quality over quantity? There really is so much to learn
    I think it is best to have a nutshell style knowledge of many topics with detailed knowledge of the most popular ones.I don't think it is the kind of subject you can pick 8 or 9 topics and ignore the rest,when I passed it, I must have done about 15 sections, lots of them only in outline though.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭CMUL

I have currently highlighted 25 topics!!!! The past papers are far from predictable

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Wonderstruck

CiaranS93 wrote: »
    Personally, I just did 5 topics which were Corporate borrowing, Share transfer, Shareholder protection, Restriction and Directors. I don't want to say the same topics come up every year in case they don't this time but I worked off the basis that the same topics usually come up and I got lucky. I think covering the whole course is pointless as the topics are usually not mixed.

*rubs hands with glee* excellent. Thank you. Shame we don't have like a reddit goldlike system here I'd give you some. :cool:

Constitutional hmmm. I would be very into public / admin law personally / professionally so I didn't find it complete torture but I didn't cover a large amount of topics and I passed it twice so I should have double the wisdom here....

General stuff:

I think it's important to get the reasoning down (know the different kinds of interpretations e.g. literal, harmonious etc as one can apply them in a lot of qs). And know the difference between a centiorari and mandamus and what they are. As you can mention the appropriate option / options in your advice (if it's a plaintiff impacted by the government's illegal decisions).

And what is topical. Know every big supreme court decision in the last 2 years. I also covered the areas of the biggest most topical ones. I also looked at some recent ECHR cases in those areas too.

I would have thought knowing all the state institutions well (which I mainly know from work anyway) would be beneficial but I remember the second time I sat it that none of them came up as a solo question!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭CiaranS93

Does anybody have typed notes for Constitutional and Tort? I have notes and grids for property, company, contract, criminal and equity.

Would be appreciated as these two are so time consuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 JHalpin

Hey everyone,

I have a few queries, for anyone who has sent in an application to carry over previously passed exams and are planning to sit the next ones in March, what do we put down on the new application form? ie: I have passed criminal, property and tort (just not at the same time) so have not put these down to sit in March 2020. I have now put down Equity and Contract. Am I leaving all my eggs in one basket, if the Law Soc get back and tell us we cant carry them over? I feel I am in limbo at the moment.

Also, if anyone has any sample answers for equity & contract I would be very grateful. I can swap notes for all subjects.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

JHalpin wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I have a few queries, for anyone who has sent in an application to carry over previously passed exams and are planning to sit the next ones in March, what do we put down on the new application form? ie: I have passed criminal, property and tort (just not at the same time) so have not put these down to sit in March 2020. I have now put down Equity and Contract. Am I leaving all my eggs in one basket, if the Law Soc get back and tell us we cant carry them over? I feel I am in limbo at the moment.

Also, if anyone has any sample answers for equity & contract I would be very grateful. I can swap notes for all subjects.

Thanks!

I believe someone mentioned previously in the thread they were told to apply and would be refunded if it was carried forward. Unfortunately nobody knows for certain and unfortunately as usually the law society aren't very forthcoming with the information and don't appear to feel any sense of urgency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭EAA123

I believe someone mentioned previously in the thread they were told to apply and would be refunded if it was carried forward. Unfortunately nobody knows for certain and unfortunately as usually the law society aren't very forthcoming with the information and don't appear to feel any sense of urgency.

I asked in an email this morning if they knew a time the Education committee would be making a decision due to the closing date for March applications being tomorrow and they said they will get back as soon as possible and extend the time by 7 days for the March application.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

EAA123 wrote: »
    I asked in an email this morning if they knew a time the Education committee would be making a decision due to the closing date for March applications being tomorrow and they said they will get back as soon as possible and extend the time by 7 days for the March application.

Be nice of them to let everyone applying know haha.

Thanks.

Thanks for this. Yeah I thought as much, but to be honest am not really in a financial position to spend €525 to sit two exams if they are carried over. So I'm really hoping they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭EAA123

Be nice of them to let everyone applying know haha.

Thanks.

I know it would've been also nice to get an email or letter from them stating that they were taking applications exempting us from previous passed exams instead of finding out on this :)

the amount of money they get from us and they would'nt even let everyone know what the story is and then not take phone calls either.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 luimneachabu73

Does anyone have the October 2019 Exam Papers and would be so kind as to forward them on? (and Reports if they are available yet?)

I have various materials for all subjects that may be of use in return.

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CarrigView

Would anyone have an up to date grid for EU by any chance? Have been able to get the manual etc. but cant seem to get a hold of one!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭illy.m

Woohoo got one of mine carried over. 3 left to go. Such a relief. !!!! Received email few mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭godfather2

Long time reader of this thread. Huge thanks to those that posted about applying for the exemption. Happy to say my request was granted and I can carry forward the two I passed. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 igobuy

illy.m wrote: »
    Woohoo got one of mine carried over. 3 left to go. Such a relief. !!!! Received email few mins ago

Can I ask when did you send them the initial email? I haven’t heard from them I wasn’t expecting to hear from until after the education committee meeting this Saturday I think

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 ahona

Mine is approved too. Such a relief! Thank you to the person who planted the idea here. Very very grateful

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ahona

I am looking for study material for company law

I can swap it for Torts, Constitution, Contract and Criminal.

igobuy wrote: »
    Can I ask when did you send them the initial email? I haven’t heard from them I wasn’t expecting to hear from until after the education committee meeting this Saturday I think

thanks

Education Committee met today, I got an email this evening. Sent application form by post and email to fe1 section, law society. ....
    Addressed to the education committee.

I initially applied a while back, got a response last week and sent the form about ten days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 igobuy

godfather2 wrote: »
    Education Committee met today, I got an email this evening. Sent application form by post and email to fe1 section, law society. ....
    Addressed to the education committee.

Thanks I haven’t heard from so not looking to good for me

igobuy wrote: »
    Thanks I haven’t heard from so not looking to good for me

Follow it up with them, if you don't ask answer will always be no.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭L.E.D

ahona wrote: »
    Mine is approved too. Such a relief! Thank you to the person who planted the idea here. Very very grateful

I'm so happy everyone got to carry it!! Was such a relief when she told me to email to request and I'm delighted that everyone else got to aswel 😊 always worth sharing so everyone can benefit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Are you carrying passes from the last sitting or also from before then?

I haven't heard of anyone getting the exemption for any other sittings apart from the last one. Maybe someone else could clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vid36

Well done folks who got your exemptions, it is great the rule is history now.A few years too late for me but I will still raise a glass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭z6vm1dobfnca3x

Delighted! Fair play to the Law Society.

godfather2 wrote: »
    I haven't heard of anyone getting the exemption for any other sittings apart from the last one. Maybe someone else could clarify.

I applied to have an exemption for March also, the email I received just said the application was granted. I'm not entirely sure what this means whether I now have 2 or 3 exams? I'll give them a ring later and double check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

Fair play everyone who got an exemption, delighted for you! Looking fondly at this thread from ppc1.

Good luck to all for the next session.

JHalpin wrote: »
    I applied to have an exemption for March also, the email I received just said the application was granted. I'm not entirely sure what this means whether I now have 2 or 3 exams? I'll give them a ring later and double check.

Same happened me!
    One from March and one from October and just told application was granted. I presumed it would be both as it didn’t specify I could carry just October!

Let us know what they say - fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

ahona wrote: »
    I am looking for study material for company law

I can swap it for Torts, Constitution, Contract and Criminal.

Pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 36 luimneachabu73

Anyone know if you can still access the City Colleges night before videos from the last sitting?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭ahhhhhFE1s

scooby321 wrote: »
    Anyone who went to the Constitutional lecture in UCD willing to share what cases were covered? I wasn't able to make it.

Would love to know this too if anyone went???

Has anyone a list of topics they're covering for constitutional and tort?? Really struggling to see patterns and pick topics ahhh

Also fair play to everyone who got exemptions, what an archaic system, thank god it's finished with :)

Anyone know if you can still access the City Colleges night before videos from the last sitting?

Thanks

As far as I can tell they've been taken down, had a link and now just comes up as error.. unless they've been put up on another page?

CONSTITUTIONAL

What are people doing for right to life? My manual doesn’t include info post referendum on 8th amendment.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

Hello everyone,
    Is there any kind soul willing to share the constitutional paper from March and October 2019?
    I have materials to share if needed.

Tía

Panicking. I have notes typed up for my four topics - Constitutional, tort, contract and property. Do I have enough time to learn it all?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement