Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Just got the email from the Law Society about carrying forward passes from before the rules changed for this sitting. If they’ve accepted some already as I’ve read they have, you’d wonder on what basis they can then refuse applications?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 milktray22

Hi all, does anyone have sample answers for Contract and Property? .
    Can swap notes, grids and papers for Constitutional, EU, Tort, Criminal, Company and Equity thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Blue_pens17

Hey, does anyone know what the pass rate is like for Constitutional? Doesn't appear in the exam reports...

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vid36

Hey, does anyone know what the pass rate is like for Constitutional? Doesn't appear in the exam reports...

Look up the Peart report, but from what I remember approximately 70%

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭EAA123

Does anyone have a copy of the equity paper from October 2019?

can swap for tort

EAA123 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a copy of the equity paper from October 2019?

can swap for tort

I think I have it in hard copy, I can send photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JimmyJazzz

Just got the email from the Law Society about carrying forward passes from before the rules changed for this sitting. If they’ve accepted some already as I’ve read they have, you’d wonder on what basis they can then refuse applications?

I'm also curious about this if anyone can shed some light?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭spygirl

JimmyJazzz wrote: »
    I'm also curious about this if anyone can shed some light?

I haven't heard of anyone who was refused once they applied for the exemption. Maybe someone else could confirm if they had a request to carry over refused. I have not heard of one yet. I know people who carried just one pass, and some who have carried from March 2018 sitting.

spygirl wrote: »
    I haven't heard of anyone who was refused once they applied for the exemption. Maybe someone else could confirm if they had a request to carry over refused. I have not heard of one yet. I know people who carried just one pass, and some who have carried from March 2018 sitting.

Yeah I think they might just be trying to make it sound less of a formality, fingers crossed anyway - I wasn’t going to bother trying until they emailed

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭JohnsKite

Does anyone in Galway have a copy of the companies act I could borrow for the exams?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Lcork23

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know what came up in property October 2019? Also, would anyone have any tips out what you could possibly leave out topic wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

If anyone could pass on just the outline of the UCD Constitutional update I would really really appreciate it! Really struggling with trying to cut down topics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

jus_me wrote: »
    In an ABSOLUTE panic. Realised I missed the deadline to submit my application... will they still accept it? Has anyone applied late? All advice welcome :(

Wouldn’t panic to be honest. I know people who have applied over 2 weeks late and got sorted. Just get in touch with the Law Society and they’ll get you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

jus_me wrote: »
    In an ABSOLUTE panic. Realised I missed the deadline to submit my application... will they still accept it? Has anyone applied late? All advice welcome :(

Yes they will accept a late application.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jeremiah25

What do we reckon for constitutional my good people?

By far the most tedious topic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 shambles2020

EAA123 wrote: »
    Hi

I have contract stuff and I am looking for equity ?

I have equity sample answers and an up to date grid.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sm333

Hi all

On my (HOPEFULLY) last sitting and worried about topics for Constitutional as I really need to pass this round. Would I be save with;

SOP, Interpretation, property rights, equality, family, JR + Unconstitutionally, amending Constitution, freedom of expression/assembly/expression, President/AG.

Obviously you can never be certain but is this along the lines of what people are covering?

Thanks!!

sm333 wrote: »
    Hi all

On my (HOPEFULLY) last sitting and worried about topics for Constitutional as I really need to pass this round. Would I be save with;

SOP, Interpretation, property rights, equality, family, JR + Unconstitutionally, amending Constitution, freedom of expression/assembly/expression, President/AG.

Obviously you can never be certain but is this along the lines of what people are covering?

Thanks!!

Looks good!

I have something similar covered but would look at fair procedures too!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

Lcork23 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Does anyone know what came up in property October 2019? Also, would anyone have any tips out what you could possibly leave out topic wise?

I only answered succession (very well) 2qs on it, adverse possession, easements and co ownership, plus had learned finding and licenses and family home, easiest exam I have done, succession is nearly guaranteed 2 questions and adverse possession is another guaranteed so you have 3 questions basically going in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭DFMCD190384

Hi, does anyone have any predictions for Contract and Equity?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Legaleagle37

Does anyone know if Kerins judgment made an appearance on October Con paper? Are we expecting it for March?

To the person who asked was it too late to submit application form, I submitted mine 10 days before the exams started and got it okay, I wouldn't stress.

Does anyone have a copy of the paper from the last sitting of Constitutional?

sm333 wrote: »
    Hi all

Thanks!!

So I have notes done for -

Interpretation
    President/AG
    Oireachtas
    Courts
    SOP
    Referendums
    Unenumerated Rights
    Personal Rights
    Fair Procedure
    Freedom of Expression
    Equality
    Family/Education
    Property Rights
    Religious Freedom
    Proportionality
    Judicial Review

I'm thinking I'll probably need to cut this down a bit. On the other hand I'm wondering if I should cover Trial in Due Course...it's so hard to know what to cover :(

Equity

Would I be covered with following:
    - Trusteeship
    - Injunctions all of them
    - Express Trusts
    - Resulting Trusts
    - SP
    - Proprietary estoppel
    - Rectification
    - Undue

What is Equity like to study? I had a look through the manual and other than Injunctions the other topics don't seem that long, about 10 to 15 pages average. I heard equity is meant to be really hard and I heard people having to sit it numerous times to pass... I presumed topics would be super long, what's people's thoughts on it to study and is the above similar to what others are covering?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

user115 wrote: »
    To the person who asked was it too late to submit application form, I submitted mine 10 days before the exams started and got it okay, I wouldn't stress.

Thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭supercreative

user115 wrote: »
    Equity

Would I be covered with following:
    - Trusteeship
    - Injunctions all of them
    - Express Trusts
    - Resulting Trusts
    - SP
    - Proprietary estoppel
    - Rectification
    - Undue

What is Equity like to study? I had a look through the manual and other than Injunctions the other topics don't seem that long, about 10 to 15 pages average. I heard equity is meant to be really hard and I heard people having to sit it numerous times to pass... I presumed topics would be super long, what's people's thoughts on it to study and is the above similar to what others are covering?

I don't know what you'd leave out for it, and it's a pain in the ass, but Purpose Trusts (especially charitable and cy pres but really all of it) is fairly frequent - Oonagh Breen is an expert in the area and seems determined to put it on the paper almost all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭CiaranS93

Does anyone have typed EU notes? I have types notes in every other subject in return :)

Anyone any idea what was on the Equity paper in October?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Aoaoaoao2019

Hi, does anyone have sample answers for equity? Can swap for others, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Hamerzan Sickles

Off the top of my head (no idea where my exam paper is now) -

Quistclose Trusts
    Mandatory Interlocutory Injunctions
    Tracing
    Promissory Estoppel
    Specific Performance
    Charitable Trusts
    Short Answer Q, two of which were Re Hastings Bass and Strong v Bird
    Secret Trusts (?)

The above are not in order of how they came up in the exam. I'm not certain of the last question being secret trusts but if you search back to October in this thread, I remember someone posting all of the topics per question -- that person did say that constructive trusts came up as a portion of the estoppel question but I don't think that was accurate.

Previous post of mine for whoever was looking for the last Equity paper's topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Legaleagle37

Could anyone share what came up on the Constitutional paper in October?
    Thanks in advance

For EU I am thinking -

Institutions
    Sources
    General Principles
    Direct Effect
    MS Liability
    Judicial Review
    FMOG
    FMOW
    Citizenship
    Equality

Thoughts? Is that enough/do I need more?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭L.E.D

Sorry if this seems a very obvious question but what cases should I focus on for the EU case note? Don't have a clue where to start so would appreciate any tips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Law1997

L.E.D wrote: »
    Sorry if this seems a very obvious question but what cases should I focus on for the EU case note? Don't have a clue where to start so would appreciate any tips

Honestly I didn’t bother with prep for this. It’s so unpredictable, and the course is too huge. Instead I focused on covering myself for all other qs - there are certain topics that almost always come up - id focus on these if I were you, can’t go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭L.E.D

Law1997 wrote: »
    Honestly I didn’t bother with prep for this. It’s so unpredictable, and the course is too huge. Instead I focused on covering myself for all other qs - there are certain topics that almost always come up - id focus on these if I were you, can’t go wrong.

Thank you, I sat this in October as my 'extra' exam and my God I was not prepared at all!! Hoping not to repeat that experience!! Do you know which topics they are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Law1997

Thank you, I sat this in October as my 'extra' exam and my God I was not prepared at all!! Hoping not to repeat that experience!! Do you know which topics they are?

Can’t remember them all - once you go through the papers it’s pretty obvious though.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 luimneachabu73

Does anyone have exam reports and questions by topic for Criminal and Tort?

Thanks!

As far as I can see the following at least are certainties:

Judicial Review
    Direct Effect/Member State Liability (usually together)
    Free Movement of Goods

As far as I can see the following at least are certainties:

Judicial Review
    Direct Effect/Member State Liability (usually together)
    Free Movement of Goods

Would agree but not sure about judicial review, it has been on the paper a lot over the last few recent sittings but I wouldn't see it as safe as FMGs, direct effect/state liability.

To add to this list, I think I remember FMG always 2qs, direct effect/MS liability 1, FMW and citizens 1, legislative process/democratic deficit/sources of law/institutions appears very often. I covered all these, judicial review and prelim ref for exam and it was grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

Anybody that could share what came up for constitutional October 2019 please ?
    Tía

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Hi Guys, any one know exactly where the Cork venue is for the exams ? ðŸ˜

Hi Guys, any one know exactly where the Cork venue is for the exams ? ðŸ˜

Someone said the Law Soc told them they hoped to get Neptune Stadium, but there’s been no confirmation

Does anyone who returned the form to carry over old passes that we received last Friday know when we can expect to hear back?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lauralouwa

I have equity sample answers and an up to date grid.

could you send on equity grid please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lauralouwa

Hi all, does anyone have equity grid? Can swap for sample answers! thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭supercreative

Is the pass rate for Constitutional supposed to be okay? Examiner's reports make for worrying reading, especially since in most of them he doesn't even talk about all of the questions! Freaking out a bit and would appreciate if someone could tell me if my fears are well-founded.

EDIT: Would also really appreciate NBNs from Oct 2019 for Constitutional or Contract if anyone has them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lilyc223

Could someone please send me the examiner's reports for October 2019? Looking for con, company, EU and contract thank you :-)

I never received an email like this but only got two in my first sitting, one of which I'm supposed to be resitting in March. Anyone know more about this carrying forward thing??

• Advertisement

illy.m wrote: »
    Woohoo got one of mine carried over. 3 left to go. Such a relief. !!!! Received email few mins ago

So did you get passes carried over from before October 2019?

Thanks!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement