Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭shaunadennyham

Spreece wrote: »
    Why leave it out? It’s tiny and would be such a handy part of a question.

Because it came up in august as a full essay question so unlikely to come up as a full essay again which was what OP was asking. I passed tort with over 70% and didn’t refer to limitations in any of my answers but by all means study it if you want !

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

Sorry if this sounds really stupid but seen somebody earlier mention Candidate Id Number...where do we get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

Does anyone know for this sitting can we tab legislation? I know we were allowed in march but I was convinced that it said that we were allowed on the permitted legislation PDF from the LS website for march and I don't see anything about it on the PDF now?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Al1501

Sorry if this sounds really stupid but seen somebody earlier mention Candidate Id Number...where do we get this?

I think usually the law society sends out the ID numbers a week in advance, but they're only for the physical sittings. We shouldn't need them this time because it's online.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Aoibhin511

Iso_123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know for this sitting can we tab legislation? I know we were allowed in march but I was convinced that it said that we were allowed on the permitted legislation PDF from the LS website for march and I don't see anything about it on the PDF now?

Afaik it's always been official copies only and no writing, but tabs, highlighting and underlining are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭StabiloLaw

Does any kind soul have even pictures of the August 2020 Tort paper? I would be so grateful!
    I have the online tort paper from August if that's any good to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭StabiloLaw

Spreece wrote: »
    Receivership is handy enough and has about a 1 in 3 hit rate. So you should cover it. It’s always examined the very same way so easy to prepare for.
    Thank you!!

I'll take a quick look at it for just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭LS3

Can someone help me out and tell me what topics they are studying for constitutional. Im currently looking down the barrel of trying to learn 30 chapters :(

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

How did all the people that say property in March find the new examiner with regards to marking?

Mod
    pls do not discuss examiners' attitudes here. They are people too!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 moeby

How did all the people that say property in March find the new examiner with regards to marking?

I found the new examiner to be very fair. I was happy with my grade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 moeby

Does anyone have upcoming exams on the BetterExaminations website? I still have nothing there. I am sure its fine but just want to double check. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭law987

moeby wrote: »
    Does anyone have upcoming exams on the BetterExaminations website? I still have nothing there. I am sure its fine but just want to double check. Thanks

Nothing on mine either, hopefully by tonight or the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Fitz_95

I found them extremely generous! I scored a 60, and I know well my answers were not deserving of that score, they didn't breakdown scores for each question my front page just had 60 written next to every question number I attempted and a total of 60 also written at the bottom, and 60 was written at the end of each of my answers in the booklet- it was all very odd!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Fe119

LS3 wrote: »
    Can someone help me out and tell me what topics they are studying for constitutional. Im currently looking down the barrel of trying to learn 30 chapters :(

I'm toying between attempting to wing it and not doing it so any tips would be appreciated also!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Shonagoring123

sorry I’m advance if this is easily answered but does anyone know who is doing company law if the whole risk score is taking into consideration our legislation? You may form a whole answer on it and Especially for DD you’ll be using it so much you’ll constantly have your head in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Healyjhow

just wondering if anyone knows what came up in equity last sitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Lawlaw12

sorry I’m advance if this is easily answered but does anyone know who is doing company law if the whole risk score is taking into consideration our legislation? You may form a whole answer on it and Especially for DD you’ll be using it so much you’ll constantly have your head in it?

Don't worry everyone sitting company will be the exact same, it's one of those subjects where practically everyone will be looking at their legislation throughout so I'd imagine everyone will have similar scores for it, and also the LS have said you're allowed to look away from your screen to view permitted legislation so I wouldn't worry

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fe12020oct

Hi guys, trying to desperately cut down topics for company - any advice on whether i could get 5 topics out of the following or if im missing something vital?

Directors duties/conflicts of interests
    Corporate Borrowing
    SLP / incorporation
    Shareholders - oppression/transfer of shares
    Restriction
    Realisation of Corp Assets

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

I imagine the fact that legislation is allowed will obviously be taken into consideration re us flicking through it & scanning it a lot, but as someone said earlier no harm in holding it up to the camera every so often to show that everything's above board!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭IgoPAP

This might sound a bit silly, but are we expected to put down our Law Soc ID on the exam itself to identify ourselves? Or do they already know who we individually are from our log in details?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Fitz_95

Would anyone have sample answers/papers for Tort for March 2019 forward? trying to get an idea of what sort of professional negligence questions were asked in Mar/Oct of that year!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 baloo21

Does anyone have a sample answer for Company March 2020 Q4 on Realisation of Assets?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kenkashin

Are people going to use the toilet? I am not sure whether to just not drink water throughout the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Fe1new4

Kenkashin wrote: »
    Are people going to use the toilet? I am not sure whether to just not drink water throughout the exam.

3 and a half hours is a really long exam and they’ve expressly said we are allowed to so I 100% will be going, even just to gather my thoughts for literally a minute.

EmmaO94 wrote: »
    I imagine the fact that legislation is allowed will obviously be taken into consideration re us flicking through it & scanning it a lot, but as someone said earlier no harm in holding it up to the camera every so often to show that everything's above board!

I’m extremely worried about this - I know it’s irrational but I just worry that they’ll flag me for suspicious behaviour even if I do show the leg and I’ll be left trying to prove that I didn’t cheat after the fact which is impossible

• Advertisement

I’m extremely worried about this - I know it’s irrational but I just worry that they’ll flag me for suspicious behaviour even if I do show the leg and I’ll be left trying to prove that I didn’t cheat after the fact which is impossible

You're doing nothing wrong by using your legislation so try not to worry - we're all in the same boat. Just have to have faith in the system that if you're honest and doing nothing untoward then they have nothing to go on.

Practically speaking, don't know if there'd be a way to position your camera to show that it's purely the legislation you're looking at? Along with just repeatedly showing the legislation - I know it'll be annoying but at least we have the extra 30 mins to make up for time lost faffing around!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Hazel774

Kenkashin wrote: »

If I have to go to the toilet I will, if not I won't

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fLawless123

moeby wrote: »

Me neither, am due to sit Tort tomorrow morning but still have nothing, gonna wait till tonight and see...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭IgoPAP

You would think they would allow us to bring the Irish Constitution into any exams as it has relevance in so many subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Fe119

EmmaO94 wrote: »

I think that comes across as suspicious, why bother if you're not asked

• Advertisement

Fe119 wrote: »
    I think that comes across as suspicious, why bother if you're not asked

Also given the fact they could say oh you showed us the legislation but you had something else on your desk - it’s impossible for the webcam to show you typing and your desk at the same time.... I actually couldn’t sleep last night thinking about all the ways they could accuse me hahah

IgoPAP wrote: »
    You would think they would allow us to bring the Irish Constitution into any exams as it has relevance in so many subjects.

Hardly relevant for company or equity is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 TheLawGuy

TORT

I know Tort is extremely difficult to predict but is there anything major that I should add to the below list?

Negligence (DOC,SOC,Causation,Remoteness)
    Defamation
    Damages
    Occupiers
    Nuisance/RvF
    Trespass to the person
    Vicarious Liability
    Pure Economic Loss
    Neg Misstatement
    Liability for Animals

Any advice would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ihatethesea

TheLawGuy wrote: »
    TORT

I know Tort is extremely difficult to predict but is there anything major that I should add to the below list?

Defamation
    Damages
    Occupiers
    Nuisance/RvF
    Trespass to the person
    Vicarious Liability
    Pure Economic Loss
    Neg Misstatement
    Liability for Animals

I have exactly the same as you but I added Defamation and Employers Liability last minute! Defamation is big but it comes up a lot it would be too risky too leave I think! I dropped Liability for Animals after some advice on here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 TheLawGuy

I have exactly the same as you but I added Defamation and Employers Liability last minute! Defamation is big but it comes up a lot it would be too risky too leave I think! I dropped Liability for Animals after some advice on here :)

Ya I actually have Defamation also I forgot to put that down. Perfect, I might have a look at employers liability so. Fingers crossed we are safe enough with those topics. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jdharte

So when we login tomorrow do we have to go through all the pre checks again and wait til the exam begins or can we go and come back at 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 HU123

TheLawGuy wrote: »
    TORT

Defamation
    Damages
    Occupiers
    Nuisance/RvF
    Trespass to the person
    Vicarious Liability
    Pure Economic Loss
    Neg Misstatement
    Liability for Animals

I would also add professional negligence and affirmative duties if you have time. There's been some recent SC cases in those areas and neither came up in the August papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭CoconutHeadMia

Property -
    Is there anybody that could help with equity and notice please? Struggling to understand the use foefee etc

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

HU123 wrote: »
    I would also add professional negligence and affirmative duties if you have time. There's been some recent SC cases in those areas and neither came up in the August papers.

Hey, what are the recent cases for affirmative duties, if you don't mind sharing?

Property -
    Is there anybody that could help with equity and notice please? Struggling to understand the use foefee etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 HU123

ruby1998 wrote: »
    Hey, what are the recent cases for affirmative duties, if you don't mind sharing?

No problem, for omissions there is the UCC v ESB case which you can also use for liability of public authorities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Fe123

What are people studying for contract and or equity :)

Property -

Don’t think that comes up much I’m not covering it

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭SKLaw

Fe123 wrote: »
    What are people studying for contract and or equity :)

For contract:-
    Agreement
    Consideration
    Promissory Estoppel
    Consumer Protection
    Mistake
    Misrepresentation
    Terms
    Discharge
    Exemption Clauses
    Undue Influence
    Privity

Although some people have said to me that privity may not come up this sitting. It could be capacity instead as it’s due a run. Fingers crossed though that that’s enough to get my 5 questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

HU123 wrote: »
    No problem, for omissions there is the UCC v ESB case which you can also use for liability of public authorities.

Deadly thanks a mill!

Don’t think that comes up much I’m not covering it

Okay perfect, what are you planning on covering?

Aw I really don't think it's worth stressing over! Its their system so we have to trust that they've got it covered. Think of all the millions of students that have switched to online exams in recent months - I haven't heard of any big controversies re accusations of cheating, so fingers crossed we should all be fine if we're playing by the rules :)

Okay perfect, what are you planning on covering?

Succession
    Family property
    Landlord tenant
    Lease licence
    Mortgages
    Easements

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

Is anyone else feeling completely burnt out? I am incredibly tired but whenever I'm not studying I get study guilt
    :( I'm lucky that i had loads of time off work to study so I'm mostly just on revision now for the last while and finished covering new topics(except for constitutional which is never ending...) but I feel like I've been studying since the womb at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 tommytimber

Would people think this is safe for company or should I add more?

- Reforms
    - SLP
    - Corporate Authority
    - Shares and Share Transfer
    - Shareholder Protection
    - Director's Duties
    - Restriction & Disqualification
    - Corporate Borrowing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement