Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BugsySiegel

Hey folks, am I right in saying there is no requirement to enter a student number or any other personal details when taking these through betterexaminations. Just want to make sure I havent missed something in the correspondence from the law society.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Lawlaw12

Hey folks, am I right in saying there is no requirement to enter a student number or any other personal details when taking these through betterexaminations. Just want to make sure I havent missed something in the correspondence from the law society.

Yes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

Morning all, and best of luck to all of us starting the exams today. I hope all our hard work pays off for us :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Once we log in at half 9 are we being recorded or can we still look at notes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

jus_me wrote: »
    Once we log in at half 9 are we being recorded or can we still look at notes ?

Can't say for certain but since I don't think we were told anything to the contrary, I think it will be ok to look at notes. Best of luck all!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 KCSLAW

Hi guys, hope study is going well. Could anyone tell me how long it took for legislation ordered from the OPW to arrive and to where ish? (I'm in the west)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Good luck everyone! Let us know how it all goes 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Al1501

Best of luck to all sitting Tort today! May you all have a lovely paper :D

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

KCSLAW wrote: »
    Hi guys, hope study is going well. Could anyone tell me how long it took for legislation ordered from the OPW to arrive and to where ish? (I'm in the west)

In Wicklow it took about 3 working days to arrive but I'm in the middle of nowhere. I ordered it on the Thursday and got it the next Tuesday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭SKLaw

Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 baloo21

I'm due to sit Company tomorrow and no sign of it on my betterexaminations dashboard. Anyone else having a similar issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭StabiloLaw

baloo21 wrote: »
    I'm due to sit Company tomorrow and no sign of it on my betterexaminations dashboard. Anyone else having a similar issue?
    Yep, I'm the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fe12020oct

anybody have concise notes on single economic entity (SLP) that they would be willing to share??

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭StabiloLaw

fe12020oct wrote: »
    anybody have concise notes on single economic entity (SLP) that they would be willing to share??
    I have notes I can share if you send me your email address!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

Another silly question but last minute panic setting in....got my legislation second hand and old candidate number is on it....think I'm okay to just scribble it out and make it known at the start of the exam (hold it up or something) or tippex....scared it'll be flagged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭rickmatt

Yea same, not ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Supermax1988

Would any kind soul have the March 2020 Constitutional Examiner’s report that they could share?

rickmatt wrote: »
    Yea same, not ideal
    StabiloLaw wrote: »
    Yep, I'm the same!
    mmullen wrote: »
    For anyone who is sitting an exam next week - are they showing up in your ‘upcoming exams’? Sitting contract but it’s still showing as ‘no more exams scheduled’...

So sent an email to Law Society about this and actually received a reply!

Exams will appear on the morning of the exam, at the "scheduled" time, which I presume is 8.15.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 loosehead1973

Did anyone get through to the LS regards the crashing of the system

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Lozg

Did anyone get through to the LS regards the crashing of the system

I did, she said to sit and wait, think everyone’s having the same issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Lozg wrote: »
    I did, she said to sit and wait, think everyone’s having the same issue

Noone answering any phone or email to me glad to know its not just me!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

awsah wrote: »
    Noone answering any phone or email to me glad to know its not just me!

What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dancing Obsession

Does anyone have a sample answer or would even be able to lay out a few points as to changes brought in by the 2014 companies act?

Trying to cram as much in as possible and thinking I might need a half-assed answer on that as a backup?

PM your e-mail address I can share

TCPIP wrote: »
    What happened?

Exam not showing up, for me it just says loading content...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Lozg

Exam not showing up, for me it just says loading content...

Almost half an hour into the exam and still not in, hoping this won’t affect our time

Almost half an hour into the exam and still not in, hoping this won’t affect our time

Just got through to Shirley she said to go back out and log in, my exam is saying it is completed but she said to keep refreshing and persevering. The time is lost but they are hoping to get it added

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

Jesus! Hope everything came right in the end. Wishing you all the best of luck this morning!

Just got through to Shirley she said to go back out and log in, my exam is saying it is completed but she said to keep refreshing and persevering. The time is lost but they are hoping to get it added

My time has reset

My time has reset

Except I clicked into the exam and its telling me to install the soft wear

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭rickmatt

So sent an email to Law Society about this and actually received a reply!

Exams will appear on the morning of the exam, at the "scheduled" time, which I presume is 8.15.

I thought the exam started at 10 am

• Advertisement

rickmatt wrote: »
    I thought the exam started at 10 am

Yes they do but the "lobby" opens at 8.15 according to one of the recent emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Lelila

I have the tort exam showing on my schedule even though I passed it in august - anyone else having the same issue?

Yes, me too. I was able to log in to it this morning, so I did and checked out what the exam format was like again. I have a copy of my Tort paper I passed in August, so I have proof I passed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Lelila

Hi. Can anyone help me with this please?

From the March 2020 paper, Q8 :

Section 1 of the Act provides that it applies “to all actions currently in being and subsequently initiated before the courts”.

Is there any issue with new legislation stipulating that it applies to actions in being?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Aoibhin511

Does anyone have notes on the "in public" requirement for the courts in constitutional? My manual doesn't cover it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Refers to the Sinn Fein funds act

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭shaunadennyham

I logged on and had a look at the paper and the set up - doesn’t seem to be any different to the mock exams - just had to show the ID and do the pictures of my face and that was it. No defamation on the paper and an essay on liability of rescuers - bit of a curveball there. A prob q on medical negligence, employers liability, nuisance (prob ucc v esb but not sure), general essay on how tort law compensates victims, problem q on occupiers liability and a q on something to do with Covid but not sure what topic it would cover

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Best of luck today all. Do you have to open proctorio each time as if I click on betterexam for tomorrow like does it only give me option to download when i click into the exam

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭LeagleEagle747

Best of luck everyone! Hope today's exam rectified itself and you all got a good paper.
    Will we be asked to show our room? I've had to move to using a desktop computer with a built in webcam since my laptop went kaputt, so I'll find lifting the monitor to scan the room a little difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭IgoPAP

- When they ask for ID I'm assuming you have to scan driving license, etc.?

- Are we being given an extra half hour for the exam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

Did anyone find during the mock that when scanning their Id the picture quality on their webcam was really bad? my webcam has the minimum resolution and it passed the test for the webcam in the mock but the picture quality is pretty bad so you cant make out properly the details in small print on my licence eg my address because its quite blurry - just my picture and the licence number in larger print at the bottom.. does anyone else have this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jeremiah25

I logged on and had a look at the paper and the set up - doesn’t seem to be any different to the mock exams - just had to show the ID and do the pictures of my face and that was it. No defamation on the paper and an essay on liability of rescuers - bit of a curveball there. A prob q on medical negligence, employers liability, nuisance (prob ucc v esb but not sure), general essay on how tort law compensates victims, problem q on occupiers liability and a q on something to do with Covid but not sure what topic it would cover

How did you login to the exam if you don't have it in your upcoming exams if you don't mind me asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭shaunadennyham

Jeremiah25 wrote: »
    How did you login to the exam if you don't have it in your upcoming exams if you don't mind me asking?

If you scroll back you’ll see I passed it in aug but didn’t get the results until after I had applied for this sitting. They haven’t refunded me or updated their system so I was still due to sit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Al1501

Would any brave soul like to hazard a guess as to what will appear on the company exam tomorrow? I doubt ultra vires will show up, but I'd say SLP will as it wasn't on last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Hazel774

Another silly question but last minute panic setting in....got my legislation second hand and old candidate number is on it....think I'm okay to just scribble it out and make it known at the start of the exam (hold it up or something) or tippex....scared it'll be flagged

They won't see that in the webcam, people use second hand legislation all the time at the physical exams where they actually take your legislation and look through it and it's not an issue so I wouldn't worry at all about having an old ID number written on it

• Registered Users Posts: 24 iana2017

This was not 3.5 h ... exam stopped at 3h.... asking me to submit...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lealaw

iana2017 wrote: »

That is horrific, I hope it went okay for you and you got what you hoped down.

They have on the website that they have extended it by 30 minutes ...

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jeremiah25

If you scroll back you’ll see I passed it in aug but didn’t get the results until after I had applied for this sitting. They haven’t refunded me or updated their system so I was still due to sit it.

Ah okay, strange one!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 steveeq

Al1501 wrote: »
    Would any brave soul like to hazard a guess as to what will appear on the company exam tomorrow? I doubt ultra vires will show up, but I'd say SLP will as it wasn't on last time.

Courtney generally copies between two-three questions from the second and third last paper, I.e. October & Mar 2019. Rule out the ones he’s already copied in Mar 2020 and that’ll leave you with a few bankers I think. S.238/239, advantages/disadvantages of incorporation (which includes SLP), examinership etc.

He blatantly copies and pastes, doesn’t even change the name of the people involved sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 steveeq

iana2017 wrote: »

That’s ridiculous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mmullen

Lealaw wrote: »
    That is horrific, I hope it went okay for you and you got what you hoped down.

They have on the website that they have extended it by 30 minutes ...

That’s awful, was it counting down from 3 hours from the beginning?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement