Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Spreece wrote: »
    It’s probably just my pessimistic mind. But it’s poorly handled. I rang them about two weeks ago and they were very nice about it, all apologies and assured me we would all get our results in the week of the 11th and it would be easy to catch up.
    I was happy with that but hearing that some people have been given Moodle access is at odds with what I was told.

I totally agree. I had parked it mentally and now I am all over the place with it for the last few days, thinking that surely they would not be telling people to keep the dates free unless they had passed.

They really have made a shambles of it. I sent emails last week but they are all out of office until the 4th of Jan...

Did everyone get access on the same date ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stonewash

Hi guys would anyone have constitutional past papers/grid?
    I have company, contract, property, criminal, equity papers and grids (bit out of date but) in exchange!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

I totally agree. I had parked it mentally and now I am all over the place with it for the last few days, thinking that surely they would not be telling people to keep the dates free unless they had passed.

They really have made a shambles of it. I sent emails last week but they are all out of office until the 4th of Jan...

Did everyone get access on the same date ?

I only know one person on here who got access and she was lovely enough to tell me (and mention there was a lot of material already uploaded) and say she hopes we all get the call about access- but hasn’t been given her results or told about passing. I’m worried for sure now about whether I passed hahah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Hey guys, hope ye all were able to relax over the Christmas, can't believe there is such little time left before the next set of FE1s. I'm trying to decide how many out of the 4 I have left I should attempt, really wanted to go for Blackhall in September!

Anyway if anyone has any updated Constitution or property grids (to include the November 2020 exams) I would really appreciate it. I have good notes for Criminal, Company, EU and Tort to swap!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Neighomes

Hi all, hoping to do 2 exams in March. I have already done Criminal, Property, Equity and EU. Out of Contract, Constitutional, Tort and Company - which would you recommend doing together?

Neighomes wrote: »
    Hi all, hoping to do 2 exams in March. I have already done Criminal, Property, Equity and EU. Out of Contract, Constitutional, Tort and Company - which would you recommend doing together?

I have sat Tort and Company, company might be a good bet considering the short time frame we have, I know 2 questions on the November paper (if I remember correctly) were carbon copies of past questions, so I would recommend getting papers and examiners reports. It is also easy to pick topics out from the grid.

Tort on the other hand is harder in that you need to pretty much know the whole course. I found it the easiest of the 4 exams I sat in November (Company, criminal and EU were the others) I think maybe because I found it so interesting. People say constitution and tort are the larger subjects so if you have not studied them before it might be best to split them up.

Hope that helps, I am trying to pick from equity property contract and constitution, I am leaning towards property and constitution!

awsah wrote: »
    Hey guys, hope ye all were able to relax over the Christmas, can't believe there is such little time left before the next set of FE1s. I'm trying to decide how many out of the 4 I have left I should attempt, really wanted to go for Blackhall in September!

Anyway if anyone has any updated Constitution or property grids (to include the November 2020 exams) I would really appreciate it. I have good notes for Criminal, Company, EU and Tort to swap!

Also, if anyone has the property legislation I would appreciate it.

Do you use the constitution much in the exam? I have the book, should I be tabbing and high lightening as much as the companies act?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭law987

Does anyone have a grid for criminal or company? I have grids for all other subjects to swap

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Wonderstruck

Neighomes wrote: »

Tort and Constitutional tend to be long enough courses. So you could pair them with one of the other two. Or you could power through Contract and Company now, leaving you with the two longer courses left and a longer time frame to study?

Whichever you are least confident in, I would do first, that way if all goes wrong with that course you'd have 3 left in Oct rather than pushing it out another year. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Lightup1

Hi all,

Just wondering would anybody have an up to date equity and property grid they wouldn’t mind sharing? Trying to work out if there’s enough time to give just those two a go in March?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sunnylegal

What are the company topics you must study in order to pass? // What did people study in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭phildub

sunnylegal wrote: »
    What are the company topics you must study in order to pass? // What did people study in the past

Advantages/disadvantages of incorporation, separate legal personality, shareholders remedies, directors duties (could be 2/3 questions on the paper) id prob throw winding up in there as well as that can asked alongside shareholders remedies.

My advice would be go over recent past papers as the examiner tends to pick one or two questions from past papers.

Also get the companies act as early as possible so that you have it all tabed and highlighted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Fe7

phildub wrote: »
    Advantages/disadvantages of incorporation, separate legal personality, shareholders remedies, directors duties (could be 2/3 questions on the paper) id prob throw winding up in there as well as that can asked alongside shareholders remedies.

My advice would be go over recent past papers as the examiner tends to pick one or two questions from past papers.

Also get the companies act as early as possible so that you have it all tabed and highlighted

Adding onto this - get multicoloured tabs for the various chapters or topics. ie relevant sections on directors = yellow tabs, shareholder sections = blue tabs. Half the battle is tabbing it I'd say.

He doesn't change questions up too much, sometimes he doesn't even bother to change the names in the questions. Very doable. Know where the sections are (tabbing), and know what those sections mean.

The past exam I was able to incorporate the recent Covid-19 2020 Act amendments when it comes to Shareholder meetings, etc. Unsure what the story is by March in terms of relevancy but look the 2020 Covid Act (or any other relevant ones by that time) up and how it affects companies for extra marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭FE1Rookie

Do the following exams follow the standard format of 4 problem Qs, and 4 essay Qs like Tort does for example?

Company
    EU
    Constitutional
    Equity

I know Criminal seems to be mostly problem questions with anywhere between 1-3 essay Qs

FE1Rookie wrote: »
    Do the following exams follow the standard format of 4 problem Qs, and 4 essay Qs like Tort does for example?

Company
    EU
    Constitutional
    Equity

I know Criminal seems to be mostly problem questions with anywhere between 1-3 essay Qs

EU and Constitution each have a case note question, not sure after that if they have a definite amount of PQ and EQ or of they change it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭FE1_2020_

Is there any advice on the approach for Tort ? I know people have mentioned its the largest examinable syllabus in line with Constitutional. However, is there any predictability with any topics outside of Negligence which in of itself is a mammoth in terms of its many elements.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

heyy everyone... can't believe we're back studying again! hope we had a nice break. would anyone have an up to date property grid? thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 steveeq

I'm awaiting results and have not received moodle access....

I have..Just looking at other posts, really not sure what to make of it. I've been given it and told if I dont pass then ill be booted out. It's a bit unfair on everybody with the uncertainty..

I'm only logging in today. Anybody else have it?

steveeq wrote: »
    I have..Just looking at other posts, really not sure what to make of it. I've been given it and told if I dont pass then ill be booted out. It's a bit unfair on everybody with the uncertainty..

I'm only logging in today. Anybody else have it?

Also, I believe there was some induction day the second last week before christmas. Where can I watch that?

Also, I believe there was some induction day the second last week before christmas. Where can I watch that?

I believe there is a hybrid thread that someone set up where people might have the answers to your questions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭LS3

Hi, anyone have company notes they can swap with me? can swap notes for any other subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Shonagoring123

you didn’t happen to come across the timetable on themoodle access did you? Can’t seem to find it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 amoife

Hey everyone,

Completely new to these exams but I was just wondering would anyone be able to tell me when the application forms are open to apply?

amoife wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Completely new to these exams but I was just wondering would anyone be able to tell me when the application forms are open to apply?

Presumably after the results come out on January 11, but you can never be sure. Keep an eye out on here and someone should post when it's open

awsah wrote: »
    I believe there is a hybrid thread that someone set up where people might have the answers to your questions

I cannot find this (I can't seem to find anything lately :( ). Link would be greatly appreciated as only ppc thread I can find is only a couple of pages and is old.

I cannot find this (I can't seem to find anything lately :( ). Link would be greatly appreciated as only ppc thread I can find is only a couple of pages and is old.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058141527

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caius97

Hello! I am sitting my first set of FE1 exams in March 2021, I am a non-law graduate so completely starting from scratch. Would really appreciate if anyone had the updated grids for criminal & tort :) thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mydogwentroof

Hey everyone,

Back on this thread for hopefully the last time!!

I'm due to start PPC in September, I'm just wondering what the changes to the course will be?

Hey everyone,

I'm due to start PPC in September, I'm just wondering what the changes to the course will be?

What course are you referring to?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Would anyone have sample answers for Company Law or Constitutional Law, I have plenty of materials to swap :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Wonderstruck

Hey everyone,

Bit early days, see how vaccine roll-out is by September 2021! :pac:

They are moving Family Law into PPC1 for the Hybrid, idk how it is done in the regular PPC. I'd say they're playing it by ear atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Fe7

Could someone explain to me what is the deal behind Constitutional case note question?

How do people have any idea what cases could come up in order to study? Is there a list somewhere of them? Is it all cases spanning from the depths of time? Are they just recent cases from the year? Are cases asked in one exam ever repeated in another? .. very, very lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Coffeelover13

Hi guys,

Would anybody be willing to sell their Bloomsbury Professional’s Companies Act 2014? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

Looking to buy property law notes if anybody is selling any?

Mod
    No trading pls

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

Looking to buy property law notes if anybody is selling any?

You can have mine for nothing, PM me your email address

Hi guys,

Would anybody be willing to sell their Bloomsbury Professional’s Companies Act 2014? :)

Get back to me after the results are out and I might be selling mine! :)

Mod
    Best wishes for the results, but pls, no trading

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sunnylegal

Anyone who has sat constitutional in the past have a list of the topics they studied - and passed?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mydogwentroof

For those who sat the most recent online sitting, did you amend your study in line with the fact that the exams were online rather than in person??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Happy New Year and best wishes for 2021 to all.
    Re recent enquiries re trading items, pls do not do this thru this forum. The mods here are part-time volunteers. We are not organised to deal with the difficulties that can arise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 laworlawww

For those who sat the most recent online sitting, did you amend your study in line with the fact that the exams were online rather than in person??

Having done both I didn't make any changes to my study routine for the online exams vs the in person ones!

Sorry I originally interpreted this as meaning the amount of time spent studying, in terms of strategy I started typing my notes and trying to study using the laptop instead of writing to get used to typing and increase my typing speeds!

I think we were given 2 weeks notice, I didnt change but I will for these, there was a few times throughout my exams where I wanted to scribble things down to help me remember something but I couldn't, so I need to get used to having no pen or paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

Doing 4 and starting back properly tomorrow.. anyone I’m similar position? Dreading it

ruby1998 wrote: »
    Doing 4 and starting back properly tomorrow.. anyone I’m similar position? Dreading it

Same as myself what 4 are you doing and have you a law background/are you working? I'm trying to figure out if 4 is a crazy call but im.thinking il power through!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Thinking of doing 5, but feels that's overly ambitious at the same time. Just really sick of these, and everything going on in the world at the moment so kind of just want to get them out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

phildub wrote: »
    Same as myself what 4 are you doing and have you a law background/are you working? I'm trying to figure out if 4 is a crazy call but im.thinking il power through!

I’m doing company, criminal, constitutional and property! I have a law degree and working full time, will only have the two weeks off to sit the exams. I’m just going to try and power through just want to get them out of the way.

• Advertisement

I’m doing company, criminal, constitutional and property! I have a law degree and working full time, will only have the two weeks off to sit the exams. I’m just going to try and power through just want to get them out of the way.

Ya I dont want to be doing them again next year so hopefully I do enough to pass!

Best of luck, and hopefully it works out for both of us! ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Highwood

Hello everyone

Happy new year

I am wondering would any person have an up to date exam grid for constitutional company or property please

Thank you in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Highwood

FE1_2020_ wrote: »
    Is there any advice on the approach for Tort ? I know people have mentioned its the largest examinable syllabus in line with Constitutional. However, is there any predictability with any topics outside of Negligence which in of itself is a mammoth in terms of its many elements.

Negligence, nuisance, remedies and limitations, defamation

• Registered Users Posts: 34 RaffRiff01

Happy New Years all! I know that the timetable sitting for March 2021 is already out, does anyone know if it is for sure online? or it still depends on the covid situation for that week?

Just wondering cause my studying for online is completely different, im afraid that they might cancel last minute or whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fe1BB

Lallers96 wrote: »
    Thinking of doing 5, but feels that's overly ambitious at the same time. Just really sick of these, and everything going on in the world at the moment so kind of just want to get them out of the way.

It’s definitely doable, I did 5 while still working full time right up until two weeks before the exams and passed 4

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement