Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Law1997 wrote: »
    Anyone panicking yet? ������

For sure. Just have to keep trucking on!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Wonderstruck

For sure. Just have to keep trucking on!

I'm studying criminal and I keep having nightmares various criminal offences are happening to me, woke up in a cold sweat this morning at 4am thinking the house was full of burglars and kept saying to myself "is that section 12 or 13??? Oh God I can't remember!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

I'm studying criminal and I keep having nightmares various criminal offences are happening to me, woke up in a cold sweat this morning at 4am thinking the house was full of burglars and kept saying to myself "is that section 12 or 13??? Oh God I can't remember!!!"

Were they armed?

Thoughts on this for Company:

5 main changes of CA
    LTD v DAC
    Summary Approval Procedure
    Corporate Authority
    Separate Legal Personality
    Directors Duties
    Restriction/Disqualification
    Membership/Shareholders
    Minority Protection
    Borrowing
    Receivership
    Realisation of Assets
    Winding Up

Mainly I'm leaving out Share/Share Transfer, Examinership, Meetings/Resolutions and Fraudulent/Reckless Trading...

Reckon I should be ok?

Thoughts on this for Company:

5 main changes of CA
    LTD v DAC
    Summary Approval Procedure
    Corporate Authority
    Separate Legal Personality
    Directors Duties
    Restriction/Disqualification
    Membership/Shareholders
    Minority Protection
    Borrowing
    Receivership
    Realisation of Assets
    Winding Up

Mainly I'm leaving out Share/Share Transfer, Examinership, Meetings/Resolutions and Fraudulent/Reckless Trading...

Reckon I should be ok?

I’m doing mostly the same. Not doing your first three or Receivership, but I’m doing Share Transfer and Fraudulent/Reckless where you’re not. Tbh I figure we should have more than enough.

Once you consider there’s a Directors and a Borrowing question on each paper you’re only looking for 3 of your remaining topics to appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DUMSURFER

Has anyone come back to you re EU Examiner Report? I can send it on to you if not.

Would anyone have a sample answer for any question in Property, Equity, or Criminal that they could send me? Even just one sample answer so I can get an idea as to how people are structuring them. Not sure I'm going about answering them the right way!

Hey I have a good lot for a bunch of different topics in Property. Any chance I could get the Examiners Report for EU from October. Would be a big help!

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have the Exam/Examiner Reports from October for:
    - EU
    - Company
    - Tort
    - Equity

Also did many people on here have success trying to carry forward exams you passed in October without getting the 'magic 3'?

DUMSURFER wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

- EU
    - Company
    - Tort
    - Equity

Also did many people on here have success trying to carry forward exams you passed in October without getting the 'magic 3'?

I brought forward a pass from March 2019, despite failing the retake in October haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 PerryMason2020

Hey everyone,

- EU
    - Company
    - Tort
    - Equity

Hey, PM me your email and I can send them on the examiner reports for Oct. Would you send me on the property sample answers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

Constitutional
    What are people’s thoughts on family and education is it a must topic ? Am I crazy for wanting to leave it out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

jewels652 wrote: »
    Constitutional
    What are people’s thoughts on family and education is it a must topic ? Am I crazy for wanting to leave it out ?

Hard to know if you are happy with other stuff you covered might be okay but l'm trying to cover most bases incase I don't understand a topic the way it comes up so I have some choice. I'm still leaving out some stuff though leaving out art 38.1 and few others and prob won't even have time to do all that I want. It comes up now and again so you might be grand

I’m doing mostly the same. Not doing your first three or Receivership, but I’m doing Share Transfer and Fraudulent/Reckless where you’re not. Tbh I figure we should have more than enough.

Once you consider there’s a Directors and a Borrowing question on each paper you’re only looking for 3 of your remaining topics to appear.

Yeah I think we should we well covered, would have to get incredibly lucky to not have 5 Qs.

FYI - I believe LTD v DAC and Summary Approval Procedure were tipped to come up by one of the schools and they are very short topics to pick up

Hey, PM me your email and I can send them on the examiner reports for Oct. Would you send me on the property sample answers?

Yeah of course, just messaged you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 PerryMason2020

Yeah of course, just messaged you!

Sent those on to you there. They'll be in three separate emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭godfather2

Hey everyone,

- EU
    - Company
    - Tort
    - Equity

Not heard of anyone who applied being refused.
    I was allowed to carry two and I know others who just carried one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Limitations, damages, passing off, nervous shock, vicarious and a trespass to person question are my hopefuls.

Also think Causation will probably come up.

Do you think limitations and/or damages will come up as essay questions?

Does anyone know what’s been predicted by the colleges for EU?

I was looking at what came up last few years for Constitutional. President or AG q did not appear either sitting last year and usually on every year and interpret hasn't been up since Spring 2017, do people think they will come up?

user115 wrote: »
    I was looking at what came up last few years for Constitutional. President or AG q did not appear either sitting last year and usually on every year and interpret hasn't been up since Spring 2017, do people think they will come up?

I’d say theres a good chance at least one of them comes up. I sat constitutional in March and October 19 and prepared for them for both to no avail. Cityview etc also featured on both papers so not sure if that’s a recurring thing or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SwD

I'm expecting an Interpretation and AG question based on past papers.

Definitely worth rolling the dice on both.

• Advertisement

Do you think limitations and/or damages will come up as essay questions?

In terms of essay or problem Q I have no idea, I haven't really been looking at past papers for Tort, just the grid
    Does anyone know what’s been predicted by the colleges for EU?

I don't know what has been predicted but it does seem to me to be one of the more predictable exams.

Institutions, General Principles, Direct Effect/MS Liability, Judicial Review, Free Movement of Goods, Free Movement of Workers, Competition and Citizenship are up time and again. If you have those you will almost always have 5.

I didn't do Competition, probably should have, but am doing Sources and Equality.

Yeah I am hoping for Interpretation and then one of President or AG, they look due up to me.

In terms of essay or problem Q I have no idea, I haven't really been looking at past papers for Tort, just the grid

I don't know what has been predicted but it does seem to me to be one of the more predictable exams.

Institutions, General Principles, Direct Effect/MS Liability, Judicial Review, Free Movement of Goods, Free Movement of Workers, Competition and Citizenship are up time and again. If you have those you will almost always have 5.

I didn't do Competition, probably should have, but am doing Sources and Equality.

Yeah I am hoping for Interpretation and then one of President or AG, they look due up to me.

Yeah I’m the same as you, didn’t do competition either but have what you do. There was a paper in recent memory when none of competition was examined at all. Maybe Spring 18?

Yeah I’m the same as you, didn’t do competition either but have what you do. There was a paper in recent memory when none of competition was examined at all. Maybe Spring 18?

October 2017 by my grid, and there was two questions on free movement of goods! That would be perfect.

My friend did EU a while back and they said they could only do 4 questions and a very very vague idea of the 5th, but just used the Treaties to spoof an answer, and they passed!

October 2017 by my grid, and there was two questions on free movement of goods! That would be perfect.

My friend did EU a while back and they said they could only do 4 questions and a very very vague idea of the 5th, but just used the Treaties to spoof an answer, and they passed!

Yeah if I answer on general principles or institutions it’ll be spoofy as hell tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bingobango

hey guys

anyone able to tell me if donnatis mortis causa came up in 2019?? My exam grid is from 2018!

Thanks

I’d say theres a good chance at least one of them comes up. I sat constitutional in March and October 19 and prepared for them for both to no avail. Cityview etc also featured on both papers so not sure if that’s a recurring thing or not.

That must be so annoying, it's so unpredictable, things you think def cannot be up again appear in papers and stuff your sure will be up just doesn't show.

I checked to see when Liberty last came up and it hasn't been on at all really as far I can see, I looked back til Oct 2015. Not sure about it, it was tipped to be up from UCD but I was thinking about that again and I dunno like. I def for sure think locus standi though.

Hoping for a paper like
    - AG/President
    -Locus Standi
    - Constitut interpret
    - Fair procedures
    - Privacy/FOE/FOA (examiner writes quite a bit on media law and the journalist angle seems to come up very often with him)
    -Property/ right to livihood (always up)
    -SOP (I think usually this comes up every siting but I find these types q really hard to understand so I could be wrong)

Also did socio economic rights appear in 2qs last sitting? qs 2 and 3 art 45 that's very random if it did.

I'm so sick of covering so much for constit, think I'm gonna briefly do liberty just in case then focus mainly on above and have covered things like family etc fairly briefly..... have yet to actually revise anything!! :(

bingobango wrote: »
    hey guys

anyone able to tell me if donnatis mortis causa came up in 2019?? My exam grid is from 2018!

Thanks

It came up Spring 2019, it's often up, I have covered it. How you set for equity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Breacnua

bingobango wrote: »
    hey guys

Thanks

march 19 Pq

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭OMGWACA

Has anyone a sample answer for Adverse Possession, an essay on reforms please?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sm333

That must be so annoying, it's so unpredictable, things you think def cannot be up again appear in papers and stuff your sure will be up just doesn't show.

I checked to see when Liberty last came up and it hasn't been on at all really as far I can see, I looked back til Oct 2015. Not sure about it, it was tipped to be up from UCD but I was thinking about that again and I dunno like. I def for sure think locus standi though.

Hoping for a paper like
    - AG/President
    -Locus Standi
    - Constitut interpret
    - Fair procedures
    - Privacy/FOE/FOA (examiner writes quite a bit on media law and the journalist angle seems to come up very often with him)
    -Property/ right to livihood (always up)
    -SOP (I think usually this comes up every siting but I find these types q really hard to understand so I could be wrong)

Also did socio economic rights appear in 2qs last sitting? qs 2 and 3 art 45 that's very random if it did.

I'm so sick of covering so much for constit, think I'm gonna briefly do liberty just in case then focus mainly on above and have covered things like family etc fairly briefly..... have yet to actually revise anything!! :(

Super unpredictable, but I'm the same. Have about 15 topics prepared but there is no way on earth I can get all of those into my brain. Settling on:

Constitutional Interpretation
    AG/President
    Oireachtas/the Kerins judgment
    Family & Education
    Property
    Freedom of Expression, Association etc.
    Liberty
    Locus Standi
    Fair Procedures

and maybe Trial in Due Course as a backup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Louis Litt

Constitutional & Equity

Would anyone have the Oct 2019 exam papers for Constitutional & Equity, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭niamh1612

Does anyone know any prep course predictions for criminal and EU? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nimcdona

Does anyone have the exam report for Contract for October 2019 they'd be willing to send on to?

If there is a question on amending the constitution do you just focus on McKenna and McCrystal or do you bring in Crotty and Pringle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

What happens when a trust fails on a lack of the 3 certainties? Does it instead become a gift? Or what if there's a failure re objects? Does it revert back to the estate? Thanks

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    What happens when a trust fails on a lack of the 3 certainties? Does it instead become a gift? Or what if there's a failure re objects? Does it revert back to the estate? Thanks

Lack of intention - Gift
    Lack of subject matter - Gift
    Lack of object - Resulting trust in favour of the settlor, or his estate if he is dead

Does anyone know what time the Neptune Stadium venue in Cork will be open from? I’ve tried calling but no answer. At least with the red cow we could turn up nice and early.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 coalition

Has everyone received their letter from the law society? I had a confirmation email/receipt soon after I applied but no letter yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭ahhhhhFE1s

Louis Litt wrote: »
    Constitutional & Equity

Would anyone have the Oct 2019 exam papers for Constitutional & Equity, please.

I do, PM me your email and I'll send them on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭ahhhhhFE1s

Does proprietary estoppel come up in come in Contract much??

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭supercreative

What are people thinking for Contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Louis Litt

Constitutional

Are people sticking to the manuals or looking at Articles/Books?

The essay Qs can be very subjective and are looking for an angle on the Q that the manuals don't give you.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Fe119

Property

Did someone say they had an essay prepared on the LCRA 2009 & changes that they would be willing to share? :)

I'm reading the exam report from October 2019 and it says that it was one of the least answered questions and the answers were for the most part weak so it potentially might be worth having the bones of an essay for the exam or would it be too soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tommyq94

What are the 'trilogy of NAMA cases' that my revision guide is referring to?

I am using a 2018 manual from a different College and cant find them in it.

If anyone has any notes on them I would greatly appreciate them, as Property Rights is tipped to come up this sitting!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭OMGWACA

Hey, can anyone clarify for me please, I have two sources, both telling me different things

requirements for a valid will and witnessing. Does the testator have to sign in front of the witnesses? do they witnesses have to sign in the presence of each other at the same time?

I know there's previous questions where a witness looks away when the testator is signing or someone blocks their view etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 sm333

tommyq94 wrote: »
    What are the 'trilogy of NAMA cases' that my revision guide is referring to?

I am using a 2018 manual from a different College and cant find them in it.

If anyone has any notes on them I would greatly appreciate them, as Property Rights is tipped to come up this sitting!

Would also seriously appreciate an answer to this!!

OMGWACA wrote: »
    Hey, can anyone clarify for me please, I have two sources, both telling me different things

requirements for a valid will and witnessing. Does the testator have to sign in front of the witnesses? do they witnesses have to sign in the presence of each other at the same time?

I know there's previous questions where a witness looks away when the testator is signing or someone blocks their view etc

From memory the witness is there to witness the testators signature I think that is the entire extent of their function. Not sure if they have to sign in presence of each other, not sure that would be that important. I can't remember valid requirements for will sorry!! Has been over a year since looked at any that

Fe119 wrote: »
    Property

Did someone say they had an essay prepared on the LCRA 2009 & changes that they would be willing to share? :)

I'm reading the exam report from October 2019 and it says that it was one of the least answered questions and the answers were for the most part weak so it potentially might be worth having the bones of an essay for the exam or would it be too soon?

Never to soon!!

ahhhhhFE1s wrote: »
    Does proprietary estoppel come up in come in Contract much??

Never has

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭L.E.D

Will these exams be postponed if the coronavirus gets into the republic? I think my brain is fried from studying that I'm starting to panic!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement