Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭godfather2

Would anyone have a copy of oct 2019 tort report they would be willing to share? Please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 PerryMason2020

Maybe this will help you

Ah, brilliant, thank you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 PerryMason2020

EmmaO94 wrote: »
    What will it take for these exams to be cancelled...

Oh god, I hope they're not! I just want to be done with them now! Can't wait to do things guilt free without thinking I should be studying! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭DFMCD190384

godfather2 wrote: »
    Would anyone have a copy of oct 2019 tort report they would be willing to share? Please

Attached

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

channing90 wrote: »
    I kinda have that with citizenship alri actually.
    Hopeful for equality it’s a nice essay

You should be covered so. I am not doing equality but I hope to be well covered with what I have. Gosh am just so so tired I am starting to hope Ireland goes on lockdown right after the exams so I can spent a week watching Netflix and sleeping :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭OMGWACA

DRMC wrote: »
    This is what I have, I think this is what you’re referring to?

• Cohabitants: (any sex) Part 15 of the 2010 Act defines cohabitants as two adults who live together as a couple in an intimate and committed relationship:
    ▪ S. 172 - cohabitants are entitled to redress when relationship ends if cohabiting for 5 years or 2 years if parents of dependent children.
    ▪ Mee critical of long minimum time periods in contrast with UK where none if children, Scotland none at all.

Thanks so much. Just on the last point, what's mee?

OMGWACA wrote: »
    Thanks so much. Just on the last point, what's mee?

Sorry for butting in :)

John Mee is a lecturer in ucc. He has written so many academic articles on property. Oh the memories of doing property as an undergrad, life was way easier back then
    happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

EU

Institutions
    Sources
    General Principles
    Direct Effect/MS Liability
    Judicial Review
    FMOGoods
    FMOWorkers
    Citizenship
    Equality

Do I have enough? Now I also have minimal notes on competition but I haven’t looked at them at all and I’d rather now

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭CiaranS93

EU

Institutions
    Sources
    General Principles
    Direct Effect/MS Liability
    Judicial Review
    FMOGoods
    FMOWorkers
    Citizenship
    Equality

Do I have enough? Now I also have minimal notes on competition but I haven’t looked at them at all and I’d rather now

Mine are similar:

Institutions
    FMG
    FMW
    Direct effect/Supremacy
    Judicial Review
    Equality
    Citizenship
    Thinking about leaving our principles and doing infringement instead but I notice that the question 1 is usually institutions or principles am I right?

Also for institutions do you need to know the legislative procedures yea?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 CDarrall

CiaranS93 wrote: »
    Mine are similar:

Institutions
    FMG
    FMW
    Direct effect/Supremacy
    Judicial Review
    Equality
    Citizenship
    Thinking about leaving our principles and doing infringement instead but I notice that the question 1 is usually institutions or principles am I right?

I don't think infringement proceedings has been asked by this examiner has it? Might be wrong but I think last was in 2015?

• Advertisement

CDarrall wrote: »
    I don't think infringement proceedings has been asked by this examiner has it? Might be wrong but I think last was in 2015?

It was asked in the October sitting.. not sure about previously?

Mine are similar:

Institutions
    FMG
    FMW
    Direct effect/Supremacy
    Judicial Review
    Equality
    Citizenship

My grid has GP as coming up every sitting since this examiner took over! I'd be reluctant to leave it out. GP and Institutions often come up in the same sitting on separate Qs

Infringement never up with this examiner, according to my grid anyway, would you be thinking of MS liability?

My grid has GP as coming up every sitting since this examiner took over! I'd be reluctant to leave it out. GP and Institutions often come up in the same sitting on separate Qs

Infringement never up with this examiner, according to my grid anyway, would you be thinking of MS liability?

Maybe I am wrong. I just got a copy of the October exam paper off a friend and it says infringement beside question 2. What does your grid say about October 2019 Q2?

Maybe I am wrong. I just got a copy of the October exam paper off a friend and it says infringement beside question 2. What does your grid say about October 2019 Q2?

My grid has Q2 as General Principles...hmm, curiouser and curiouser

I don't have the exam paper though so I'm not sure

My grid has Q2 as General Principles...hmm, curiouser and curiouser

I don't have the exam paper though so I'm not sure

Just reading over it again, you are right. And she failed it so that's probably why haha

I am right in saying that almost guaranteed questions are:

Institutions and/or principles
    FMG
    Competition and equality/citizenship usually 2 part Q8?
    Direct Effect

Just reading over it again, you are right. And she failed it so that's probably why haha

I am right in saying that almost guaranteed questions are:

Institutions and/or principles
    FMG
    Competition and equality/citizenship usually 2 part Q8?
    Direct Effect

Since this examiner took over:

Institutions up every sitting except March + October 2018
    GP up every sitting
    Direct Effect every sitting except last sitting, usually comes up with MS Liability
    Judicial Review every sitting except March 19
    FMOG every sitting, sometimes 2 questions
    Workers was up 5 sittings in a row then wasn't up last sitting, could be a shout this sitting
    Citizenship every sitting except March 16

Since this examiner took over:

Institutions up every sitting except March + October 2018
    GP up every sitting
    Direct Effect every sitting except last sitting, usually comes up with MS Liability
    Judicial Review every sitting except March 19
    FMOG every sitting, sometimes 2 questions
    Workers was up 5 sittings in a row then wasn't up last sitting, could be a shout this sitting
    Citizenship every sitting except March 16

That is a great help thanks! I can focus on those topics now! I was kind of all over the place as to what to focus on but that's great thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

Eu
    Can someone tell me what question 4 on autumn 2019 is ie the last sitting ?

channing90 wrote: »
    Eu
    Can someone tell me what question 4 on autumn 2019 is ie the last sitting ?

Direct Effect

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭JCormac

Loosely predicting a Digital Rights case-note this sitting for EU b/c of the slight similarities between it and the current Graham Dwyer case.

Hopefully the current examiner is topical

Mod
    Pls do not discuss examiners here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 DRMC

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to bother you. Would someone be able to briefly explain the importance of a personal representative, please? My notes are confusing when discussing s56 and I am frightful I’m revising it too much instead of focusing on more pressing issues.

Thanks

JCormac wrote: »
    Loosely predicting a Digital Rights case-note this sitting for EU b/c of the slight similarities between it and the current Graham Dwyer case.

Hopefully the current examiner is topical

If that's the case there might be a FMW question due to the Corona virus haha

If that's the case there might be a FMW question due to the Corona virus haha

*All eight case notes on the restriction of free movement on grounds of public health*

I'll be avoiding the case note question at all costs! I had prepared fairly well for the constitutional one but I don't have a notion about it for EU

I'll be avoiding the case note question at all costs! I had prepared fairly well for the constitutional one but I don't have a notion about it for EU

Didn't consider it before today tbh

I have a grid (don't know how reliable it is) up to Oct 18 and cases from the area of FMG come up frequently, so it's essentially killing two birds with one stone.

Seriously considering studying Case notes instead of Institutions now. These exams have warped my common-sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Sineaddh

How did people find contract?

I struggled to identify what was relevant in Q1 and Q6... anyone able to provide clarity??

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Murphs122

Does anyone have an up to date EU grid? Please

If anyone is looking for tips..

Minella Indo in the 14:10 at Cheltenham

Murphs122 wrote: »
    Does anyone have an up to date EU grid? Please

I do pm me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Breacnua

can anyone enlighten us what came up on contract today?

i still have nightmares about that subject from last sitting :-O

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Reya10

EU

Anyone have a copy of the October 19 paper? I'm nervous now that people here are saying it was really hard, have literally covered the bare minimum for EU :/

Reya10 wrote: »
    EU

Anyone have a copy of the October 19 paper? I'm nervous now that people here are saying it was really hard, have literally covered the bare minimum for EU :/

Pm

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DUMSURFER

Hey everyone, does anyone have sample answers on these for EU:

- EU Charter of Fundamental Rights; and
    - Outline the role EU institutions in law-making and whether the changes under the Lisbon Treaty have made EU more democratic.

Or even better and desperately desired, one of those Griffith Colleges booklets with sample answers to every question. If anyone has that booklet, I'll give anything for it!

DUMSURFER wrote: »
    Hey everyone, does anyone have sample answers on these for EU:

- EU Charter of Fundamental Rights; and
    - Outline the role EU institutions in law-making and whether the changes under the Lisbon Treaty have made EU more democratic.

Or even better and desperately desired, one of those Griffith Colleges booklets with sample answers to every question. If anyone has that booklet, I'll give anything for it!

pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DUMSURFER

If anyone is looking for tips..

Minella Indo in the 14:10 at Cheltenham

I had him last year at 50/1 :D Fantastic horse, favourite this time around unfortunately but hopefully the same result!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jeremiah25

How did we find contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

Breacnua wrote: »
    pm me

Could I please get in on the act !

How is an institutions question usually asked in EU could anyone tell me?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭EAA123

Jeremiah25 wrote: »
    How is an institutions question usually asked in EU could anyone tell me?

Thanks!

Institutions of the European Union - Changes/Amendments to Lisbon Treaty Legislative Procedures, Democratic Legitimacy/Deficit, Separation of Powers.

So, so tbh.
    Wound up avoiding the problem questions and breaking that cardinal rule.
    Discharge of obligations due to breach of other party, hopefully happy out there.
    Did the penalty clauses question
    Stat limitations on exclusion clauses
    Effect of PE on contract formation
    And sophie and jack question. Which I completely fluffed .
    Fingers crossed. Felt I did well on first two questions. But these exams can bite badly come results day.

• Advertisement

Anyone else absolutely shattered?

godfather2 wrote: »
    Anyone else absolutely shattered?

3rd exam in 3 days so you could say that yes! 4 down, one to go...

You got stung badly by the timetable!!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Didn’t like it at all but managed 5 questions!!! Thought it was a horrible paper if I’m been honest!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Sineaddh wrote: »
    How did people find contract?

I struggled to identify what was relevant in Q1 and Q6... anyone able to provide clarity??

Just talked about revocation and formal and evidentiary requirements, how for the sale of land... contract must be in writing! Was Q6 about breach of contract?

Just me or have all the papers so far been really tough/awkward? Constitutional had like 4 Qs on SOP, Company had 2 Qs that have possibly never come up before, Equity was just a generally tough paper I thought

Though it's possible people say this every sitting I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Just me or have all the papers so far been really tough/awkward? Constitutional had like 4 Qs on SOP, Company had 2 Qs that have possibly never come up before, Equity was just a generally tough paper I thought

Adding those two in company was very unfair I thought. There are subjects where 1 question is viewed as a write off (ie EU, Con and the notes questions), but whittling people down to 5 questions from 6 like that was harsh. I hope it’s reflected in the marking.

sign of the times with rule changes I think

I've thought they've been tougher than the last sitting although I did the 4 easiest last sitting and passed then all, literally got 50 in 3/4 haha

I though constitutional was pretty tough as of all the SOP questions. Found myself sometimes repeating myself.

Hopefully EU is kind to us

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭spygirl

I don't want to thumbs up that. When is the next one?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement