Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭CiaranS93

CiaranS93 wrote: »
    Last sitting MS liability was question 2.

See attached

Also Q4 attached

• Registered Users Posts: 26 EAL2019

Last sitting MS liability was question 2.

See attached

That question is general principles. Looking at question 4 though there is definitely a direct effect element mixed in with MS liability!

EAL2019 wrote: »
    That question is general principles. Looking at question 4 though there is definitely a direct effect element mixed in with MS liability!

Well Equivalency is in the MS liability chapter in my manual.. so not sure haha

• Registered Users Posts: 36 luimneachabu73

Property

Findings; what are the rights of a trespasser?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Oh dear, my notes have literally one paragraph on equivalency and effectiveness and does't appear to be in my manual at all, is there much to it?

Oh dear, my notes have literally one paragraph on equivalency and effectiveness and does't appear to be in my manual at all, is there much to it?

No it's a tiny part. See attached.

No it's a tiny part. See attached.

Not sure how you could possibly get a full answer on that.

Well hopefully it won't come up twice in a row anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

Eu
    Anyone with access to a exam report for q4 on the last sitting to be certain what it requires

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭ahhhhhFE1s

Property

Findings; what are the rights of a trespasser?

• Trespassers have very limited rights. Parker v British Airways - one must be legally on the land to be entitled to an item. Hanna v Peel – soldier was not trespassing when he found brooch.
    also think in Waverly Borough Council v Fletcher, digging below surface constitute trespass and was a consideration in denying them the find

channing90 wrote: »
    Eu
    Anyone with access to a exam report for q4 on the last sitting to be certain what it requires

See attached equivalence and practical effect was part of general principles topic, have notes on it but doubt it will come up again exactly like that and Q4 was standard DE and MS liability question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 mcgreee

Property

Adverse Possession: For successive squatters, is it fatal to their claim if they took over the land the day after the initial squatter left? I know there should be overlap but exactly how strict is the requirement?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Anyone have anything else to say about contract?

Property

Anyone any cases on intestate and hotchpot doctrine ? She mentions questions surrounding it are case law short in her reports but cannot for the life of me find any cases

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Fe119

Anyone have anything else to say about contract?

Thought it was horrendous. Felt so well prepared and couldn't even make out the issues in the PQs with confidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Sineaddh

Fe119 wrote: »
    Thought it was horrendous. Felt so well prepared and couldn't even make out the issues in the PQs with confidence.

Have to agree :/

• Registered Users Posts: 33 LJones18

S.18 of SOL stipulates that the second possessor cannot make use of the time built up even if it is immediately afterwards, there must be overlap.

You’re not alone!!!! Onwards and upwards!!!

Sineaddh wrote: »
    Have to agree :/

You’re not alone! Onwards and upwards!!!

What are people covering for Property?

I'm fed up and just doing:
    Succession (hoping for 2 Qs)
    Co-ownership
    Easements (focus on prescription, necessity etc.)
    Family Property

Could cover L&T but unsure it will come up again

Really don't want to do Licences

• Advertisement

Co-ownership
    Family Property

Of course Adverse P too!

Co-ownership
    Family Property

Cover Finding, didn't come up last sitting and it's really short

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Tort being the last exam is harsh. Can already feel it looming over me and I have EU to get through first. Criminal was my first exam would’ve been a sweet one to round off with instead.

Have left EU very very late and basically have to cram everything into the next 24 or so hours ;(

Any advice to where I’d be best to focus on?
    Shortest/ most likely topics?

TIA!

Also I just looked at the papers and it looks to be the case that institutions was up each sitting in 2018 while in 2017 it was general principles/fundamental rights both times. Maybe a switch back to rights for this sitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 BlackhallPlz

Anyone know what part of FMG came up in October?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 LJones18

Property

If answering a question on covenants, is it ok to have little or no case law? I can only see 1 case on the topic Tulk v Moxhay?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭EAA123

Anyone know what part of FMG came up in October?

it came as as problem on art 34 meqrs and services tied in with it

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ihatethesea

Have left EU very very late and basically have to cram everything into the next 24 or so hours ;(

Any advice to where I’d be best to focus on?
    Shortest/ most likely topics?

TIA!

I am in the exact same boat! I'm literally taking a total gamble and learning 5 topics, maybe 6 and if they dont come up its my own fault! I havent decided on the 5 yet for sure but its looking like:
    Institutions, FMOG, Direct Effect, Judicial Review and Citizenship.
    Not confirmed yet im going to dissect the papers soon and make a random prediction! After that, what will be will be

• Registered Users Posts: 27 BlackhallPlz

EAA123 wrote: »
    it came as as problem on art 34 meqrs and services tied in with it

thank you!

Eu
    For general principles essay what are people focusing on ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭EAA123

EU

What are peoples opinions on judicial review coming up as an essay as opposed to a problem as it was a problem in the last sitting??

EAA123 wrote: »
    EU

What are peoples opinions on judicial review coming up as an essay as opposed to a problem as it was a problem in the last sitting??

Yeah I'm fancying an essay on the criticism around individual concern

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭20082014

Tort

anyone have a sample answer for April 2014 Q.6. not sure what topic its on, any guidance would be great!

channing90 wrote: »
    Eu
    For general principles essay what are people focusing on ?

Fundamental rights, Equality, Legal Certainty, Subsidiarity and Proportionality, Legitimate Expectations, Supremacy

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭bobbyness

20082014 wrote: »
    Tort

anyone have a sample answer for April 2014 Q.6. not sure what topic its on, any guidance would be great!

If you attach a photo I'd be happy to give it a shot in bullets points! :)

Sure the forum here could crowd source a good answer for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭law_struggles

Does the true owner have a better claim if found in the land?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 lawstudentirl

Does the true owner have a better claim if found in the land?

Be careful not to get confused. The true owner of the thing will ALWAYS have the best claim. It is only if the true owner can’t be determined that the doctrines of treasure trove and finding apply.

Then, if it’s found in/under land the landowner has the best claim.
    If it’s found on land the finder has the best claim.

okay sorry but i think im going crazy.

FMOG - my manual talks of TFEU Art 110 (1) and (2) - taxation of similar products
    But my treaties Art 110 doesnt have subsections? Whats going on?

okay sorry but i think im going crazy.

FMOG - my manual talks of TFEU Art 110 (1) and (2) - taxation of similar products
    But my treaties Art 110 doesnt have subsections? Whats going on?

ok i think its just unofficially broken down... dont mind me and my 2am nonsense! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Breacnua

How many cases are needed for standard of care in Tort?

it was an essay Q on last paper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Boltabb

Don't know about all of you, but I'm increasingly less happy to be going to sit in a big room of ~500 people coughing for 3 hours.

If it didn't seem as much of a risk last week, all feels very different now. Worried that Law Society wouldn't shut it down in an apocalypse.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

Boltabb wrote: »
    Don't know about all of you, but I'm increasingly less happy to be going to sit in a big room of ~500 people coughing for 3 hours.

If it didn't seem as much of a risk last week, all feels very different now. Worried that Law Society wouldn't shut it down in an apocalypse.

Yeah I honesty can't believe they're still going ahead - given lectures being cancelled at Trinity and all, how can the Law Soc justify crowing us all in together everyday??

• Registered Users Posts: 26 EAL2019

EmmaO94 wrote: »
    Yeah I honesty can't believe they're still going ahead - given lectures being cancelled at Trinity and all, how can the Law Soc justify crowing us all in together everyday??

It’s not even just that they’re still going ahead, it’s what feels like a total lack of any measures to manage it.

No invigilators wearing gloves or evidence of hand sanitiser being widely used etc, no information or just general recognition that it’s an issue.

And no attempt to set the desks wider apart, despite the fact that they have an extra venue in Cork this year so you’d think space wouldn’t be an issue.

It’s not even just that they’re still going ahead, it’s what feels like a total lack of any measures to manage it.

No invigilators wearing gloves or evidence of hand sanitiser being widely used etc, no information or just general recognition that it’s an issue.

And no attempt to set the desks wider apart, despite the fact that they have an extra venue in Cork this year so you’d think space wouldn’t be an issue.

The cork venue is nothing like the mania of the red cow. I’m shocked at how few have taken the option to sit them here.

The cork venue is nothing like the mania of the red cow. I’m shocked at how few have taken the option to sit them here.

Cork venue has very few but it was so cold the other day there.

Anyone have a summary of how Lisbon changed the institutions?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

I feel really sorry for the invigilators, alot of them are elderly. The risk is not just to people sitting exams, it's their families and wider public. Not even an email from them to warn against people attending if they have symptoms or have recently travelled to any affected areas, like that is fairly basic. Not sure how law society are justifying that to themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

I was actually thinking of bringing some desinfectante wipes and wipe my desk. I don’t know who was sitting in there before me. The virus is spreading very fast and I want to take no chances. I actually have a friend who is sitting the exams whose parents were in Italy but is not worried because they are not showing any symptoms but they could be carrying the virus for 14 days before they show any symptoms.

I think if exams were starting say on Monday, they definitely would have been called off. But because they made the decision to go ahead with Criminal and Constitutional they probably feel they have to finish the sitting now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jeremiah25

I think if exams were starting say on Monday, they definitely would have been called off. But because they made the decision to go ahead with Criminal and Constitutional they probably feel they have to finish the sitting now

Call them off now and give everyone who is to sit the next two a pass I reckon, only fair...:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement