Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Breacnua

CiaranS93 wrote: »
    FE1's going ahead but there will be another date in the summer if you don't want to sit

Was an email sent out

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Lawgrad101

FE1's going ahead but there will be another date in the summer if you don't want to sit. Apparently

Is this confirmed by them?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Lawgrad101 wrote: »
    Is this confirmed by them?

I phoned and got the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭CiaranS93

Breacnua wrote: »
    Was an email sent out

Apparently going around blackhall

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭spygirl

FE1's going ahead but there will be another date in the summer if you don't want to sit. Apparently

Can I ask where you have seen/heard that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Well this is an absolute mess! To sit or not to sit?

spygirl wrote: »
    Can I ask where you have seen/heard that?

My sister is in PPC1. She said that's what's going around up there

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jeremiah25

Well this is an absolute mess! To sit or not to sit?

Sit and hope for the best, have too much work put in at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SwD

I wonder if people who sit this time would be excluded from availing of an opportunity to resist in the summer. Two different papers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ihatethesea

HOW HAS NO ONE RECEIVED AN EMAIL!!

This is effin insanity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Sineaddh

This seems extremely irresponsible

SwD wrote: »
    I wonder if people who sit this time would be excluded from availing of an opportunity to resist in the summer. Two different papers.

Yea but not sure if that would be fair if you get to sit it twice. The numbers for blackhall would go through the roof I'd say for next Septmeber

Either have them or don't have them, don't give me a choice!!

HOW HAS NO ONE RECEIVED AN EMAIL!!

This is effin insanity

Just going to keep plugging away until I get confirmation of the situation

I have emailed asking for an update - tried to stress how this was the exact situation that the government is strongly advising AGAINST

Summer is very late they should postpone them all for same time schools are off and that wouldn’t have a huge effect on blackhall/traineeships then

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

Just spoke to them. Confirmed an email is coming shortly.

Can sit tomorrow “in a smaller venue”. I said is it still going ahead in the Red Cow. She said it is potentially in a smaller venue but yes, going ahead tomorrow.

Dates in the summer if you don’t want to sit tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

My friend who is a doctor that the virus can stay on surfaces for a few days, they are surely cleaning all the tables everyday or are they, this uncertainty is a killer in itself

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭bobbyness

Sineaddh wrote: »
    I have emailed asking for an update - tried to stress how this was the exact situation that the government is strongly advising AGAINST

Summer is very late they should postpone them all for same time schools are off and that wouldn’t have a huge effect on blackhall/traineeships then

Good idea. Everyone on here should do same. Show a united front here guys

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Greentea12

Completely irresponsible decision if they do go with that rumoured approach. Will candidates who don't sit tomorrow have to pay again to sit in summer? Will those that fail tomorrow be allowed to take another whack at it in the summer sitting? Causes nothing but confusion- outright postponement is the only reasonable action

• Registered Users Posts: 27 BlackhallPlz

Just rang and asked and yes you have to choose one date. Email to be sent soon.

• Advertisement

This is outrageous. Are they going to limit the uptake of people sitting tomorrow? If everyone says they still want to sit in then it’s still a mass gathering!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Lawgrad101

Surely a smaller venue defeats the whole purpose?

I don't know what to do ahhhhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

This is outrageous. Are they going to limit the uptake of people sitting tomorrow? If everyone says they still want to sit in then it’s still a mass gathering!

When I spoke to them just now, she said a "smaller venue". So I wonder if it will be in rooms less than 100 people - which would technically fit with the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

That’s a very irresponsible decision for them to make. They are acting against government advice, they are going beyond their powers. Maybe we as students can make the decision for them and should take the executive decision and boycott nobody shows up tomorrow or Monday.

Kings Inns exam cancelled today

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭JCormac

Christ. This is a bit mental. Sitting Tort and EU too.

They should just cancel the ones tomorrow, the temptation to sit them because of all the work put in over the past month offset against the fact that if they are sat tomorrow you possibly risk spreading it to your fam,etc.

Really would prefer if there wasn't a choice in the matter!

JCormac wrote: »

They should just cancel the ones tomorrow, the temptation to sit them because of all the work put in over the past month offset against the fact that if they are sat tomorrow you possibly risk spreading it to your fam,etc.

Agree - giving us a choice is adding to the stress!
    Am due to emigrate too so summer doesn’t suit me but would rather put that off than risk infecting my family

Anyone else noticing the more people talk about Covid 19, the more you feel a tickle in your throat, and your nose start to feel stuffy? :pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Breacnua

jewels652 wrote: »
    That’s a very irresponsible decision for them to make. They are acting against government advice, they are going beyond their powers. Maybe we as students can make the decision for them and should take the executive decision and boycott nobody shows up tomorrow or Monday.

I wasn’t brave enough to say it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 EAL2019

Yeah, looks like they’re only interested in absolving themselves of potential liability by going “well we gave them a choice” rather than genuinely wanting to keep people safe.

EAL2019 wrote: »
    Yeah, looks like they’re only interested in absolving themselves of potential liability by going “well we gave them a choice” rather than genuinely wanting to keep people safe.

As always in Ireland the general greed of people takes precedence over the population as a whole

EAL2019 wrote: »

Pretty much. If you look at their advice on the original fe1 page regarding Covid19 they simply gave tips about washing hands, covering mouth whilst coughing, and avoiding close contact with people who are ill...

Just enough to avoid liability - "We took all reasonable steps..."

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ihatethesea

Only reason theyre giving people the option is to cover themselves, if they were actually concerned about health there would be no option, its a total trap and unfair situation for all of us

Me rn

These are not responsible steps - the government is advising against it. This is the organisers responsibility to make a decision for the well being of public health. I’m sure plenty of people would go against advice if given the choice and this is why it is up to the law society to limit the impact just as much as everyone else!

You can be sure many firms are working from home yet expect future solicitors to choose for themselves whether to risk it!

Me rn

Cheered me right up with all this scary talk. Thanks :)

Will we bring an application for a mandatory interlocutory injunction to cancel exams?

They announced at the end of today’s exam that tomorrow and Monday are going ahead.

• Advertisement

These are not responsible steps - the government is advising against it. This is the organisers responsibility to make a decision for the well being of public health. I’m sure plenty of people would go against advice if given the choice and this is why it is up to the law society to limit the impact just as much as everyone else!

You can be sure many firms are working from home yet expect future solicitors to choose for themselves whether to risk it!

Arthur Cox instructed to prepare to work from home

They announced at the end of today’s exam that tomorrow and Monday are going ahead.

The rumour mill is going crazy here. We really need some confirmation from the law society... A mass email isn't that difficult now is it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 igobuy

It’s joke we shouldn’t be given the choice (your health is your wealth) and they shouldn’t be telling students who ring them what’s going to happen without sending out mass email!!!Totally unfair adding to the hysteria of it all

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭JCormac

Finding it fairly hard to cram EU atm

bobbyness wrote: »
    The rumour mill is going crazy here. We really need some confirmation from the law society... A mass email isn't that difficult now is it?!

The invigilators were discussing how to divide the room after today’s exam and made the announcement that it is confirmed exams will be accommodated.

Finding it fairly hard to cram EU atm

It's so difficult with all this going on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 bobsyourbrief

I can't understand how the idea of dividing candidates into smaller rooms is in any way a pre-caution when it's going to be a mass gathering in the Red Cow anyway?
    Monday is set to be my last exam, but I'd prefer to hold my health in good condition. A blanket decision, as opposed to a choice for candidates, is a far more responsible decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 CDarrall

The invigilators in Neptune wouldn't take the legislation of me and a couple of others- they said keep it until tomorrow until we all know for sure and they can check them quickly in the morning.

The invigilators were discussing how to divide the room after today’s exam and made the announcement that it is confirmed exams will be accommodated.

That'll stop the spread of a virus. Moving desk a bit further apart. It's not as if the average human cough travels at 50mph :D

bobbyness wrote: »
    That'll stop the spread of a virus. Moving desk a bit further apart. It's not as if the average human cough travels at 50mph :D

TIL

So much travel from around the country.
    Blackhall exams in red cow in afternoons too so who knows who was at the desk before you!

Making me very angry that such an important body such as the law society is trying to find loopholes in vital government advice - lawyers for you!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement