Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Study being badly affected, totally unfair either pull the plug and postpone for a few weeks or don't. Without knowing the future possible dates or risk involved cannot make any decisions, very confusing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

My uncle reckons they are going to introduce emergency legislation this evening to make gatherings over 100 people illegal? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Breacnua

My uncle reckons they are going to introduce emergency legislation this evening to make gatherings over 100 people illegal? :pac:

What about funerals , weddings etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭bobbyness

Judging by the Law Societies current response, they'll just throw 99 people in a room. Because 100 people spreads it. 99 is the sweet spot where we're all safe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Sineaddh

Breacnua wrote: »
    What about funerals , weddings etc ?

Watched the press conference and someone asked about weddings!
    Tony Holohan said advice extended to all social gatherings and they expect it to be taken seriously!

Study being badly affected, totally unfair either pull the plug and postpone for a few weeks or don't. Without knowing the future possible dates or risk involved cannot make any decisions, very confusing time.

Agree! Extremely incompetent response when we’re relying so greatly on them for guidance!

bobbyness wrote: »
    Judging by the Law Societies current response, they'll just throw 99 people in a room. Because 100 people spreads it. 99 is the sweet spot where we're all safe

Greed and a lack of consideration for public health

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Greentea12

I would say the lack of a mass email yet likely means they haven't reached a definite decision, anything we hear until then (although most likely what will happen) is just rumour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 igobuy

Don’t you just know that they will send out an email at 5/6pm this evening basically whatever time their offices close!!!so that nobody can be in the office to answer phones or genuine concerned questions that students will have over the fate of the last two fe1s

igobuy wrote: »
    Don’t you just know that they will send out an email at 5/6pm this evening basically whatever time their offices close!!!so that nobody can be in the office to answer phones or genuine concerned questions that students will have over the fate of the last two fe1s

That’s their MO!

• Advertisement

I think you’re on the ball!

I want to get these exams over with but why should we be the exception to public health advice?!

Incredibly torn

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Hamerzan Sickles

This is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 maewest19

Just spoke with someone in the Law Society and he told me that a statement is going to be released within the next hour, so they must know what course of action they're taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭CiaranS93

They def Don have a decision made. They are only saying it's going ahead because if they say it is and it doesn't it's fine but if they say it isn't and then turns out it could go ahead they would have postponed for nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Hamerzan Sickles

CiaranS93 wrote: »
    They def Don have a decision made. They are only saying it's going ahead because if they say it is and it doesn't it's fine but if they say it isn't and then turns out it could go ahead they would have postponed for nothing

I'm seeing the future lawyer in you, Ciaran. Very acute observation.

Plus if they say it's postponed and it's then not, people relax a bit, put the notes down. Then bam, exam on Monday with less preparation :D We'd all be complaining about that too

Apparently they're on lunch at the moment and thats why there has been a delay...

Lads it’s state office there on lunch ain’t no decisions being made here let’s be honest!

• Advertisement

maewest19 wrote: »
    Apparently they're on lunch at the moment and thats why there has been a delay...

Well they have to eat 🙄🙄 seriously - they have no consideration for us mere mortals

Genuinely stressed if a student decides to make the decision to sit study is being greatly affected for different and personal circumstances going in under stressful circumstance because unsure what is the right decision. Exams are totally affected already. Postpone for 4 weeks for all. Those who sit tomo are going to be stressed with all of this. Some don't have a choice as may have sick family members and not worth the risk

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭JCormac

Genuinely stressed if a student decides to make the decision to sit study is being greatly affected for different and personal circumstances going in under stressful circumstance because unsure what is the right decision. Exams are totally affected already. Postpone for 4 weeks for all. Those who sit tomo are going to be stressed with all of this. Some don't have a choice as may have sick family members and not worth the risk

Well put

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ihatethesea

If the option is there- I aint sittin tomorrow! Balance of inconvenience of contracting Covid-19 to sitting EU is way off

This 100%
    Put exams in line with schools and colleges and make the right decision

Emails are out

Choice to sit now or summer

• Advertisement

Dear Candidate

The Law Society is monitoring the advice being issued by the Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC).

This is an evolving situation. The Society notes the revised guidance issued this morning stating that from 6pm today all indoor gatherings of more than 100 people should be cancelled. Having regard to this advice, the Society is offering students scheduled to sit the remaining FE-1 examinations tomorrow (Friday, 13 March) and Monday (16 March) the option of sitting the remaining examinations in their current venue with less than 100 people. Alternatively, for those candidates who are uncomfortable with sitting an examination in the current environment, we will issue a refund for the two remaining examinations. We will also provide an additional sitting of the examination in European Union Law and the Law of Torts in the coming months.

We would be grateful if you might indicate by return whether you intend sitting either or both examinations to fe

If you are unclear on the above arrangements, please contact Victoria Gleeson on 01 672 4934.

Kind regards

FE-1 Section

As it is an evolving situation will they not go ahead if too people say to sit?

“Coming months” is also extremely vague and unhelpful!

Absolute disaster!

The whole country is in unchartered territory v worrying but sure let's try memorize competition law.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭L.E.D

This is what I've been sent

I would like to sit tomorrow but all the stress it will impact the exam.

• Advertisement

Exactly what we predicted. "Don't worry - We're putting 99 people in a room to be safe"

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Boltabb

That's a disgrace, complete dereliction. How do they propose to ensure less than 100 people in the venue first of all? Are there going to be any - any - visible changes made to ensure better hygiene etc? Irresponsible

I would like to sit tomorrow but all the stress it will impact the exam.

I completely agree! Don’t know how to just say ok let’s do this now.. and committing to an exam on Monday is huge too given the evolving situation!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bobsyourbrief

"An additional sitting in the coming months" doesn't help with any decision making.

The whole country is in unchartered territory v worrying but sure let's try memorize competition law.

Even if the exam was put off until next November I still don't think that'd give me enough time to cover that behemoth of a chapter

This is outrageous.

How do we make this decision?

Sineaddh wrote: »

Absolute disaster!

They are totally down playing how serious it is they shouldn’t be allowed to have the exams go ahead full stop. Most of us are in our 20s/30s and older bracket with ageing parents who are 55/60+ bracket and risk infecting

This is outrageous.

I really don't know what to do.. and now the decision is impacting study too..

Absolute disaster!

They are totally down playing how serious it is they shouldn’t be allowed to have the exams go ahead full stop. Most of us are in our 20s/30s and older bracket with ageing parents who are 55/60+ bracket and risk infecting

I would have been happy to sit the exams had I not just lost half a day of study worrying about this the day before an exam!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ihatethesea

This is outrageous.

They're making me feel like by choosing to hold off on doing the exam i'm doing something wrong

I really don't know what to do.. and now the decision is impacting study too..

Same. Can't really explain how, but this definitely feels like it has thrown a spanner in the works with todays study

They're making me feel like by choosing to hold off on doing the exam i'm doing something wrong

No dates for the alternate sittings either so you don't even know

I’m extremely angry at their response!
    A blanket decision would have been better for all
    My dad is 68.. how do I choose between sitting an exam and possibly risking infection!?

Decided to email work to ask for advice

No dates for the alternate sittings either so you don't even know

October

Breacnua wrote: »
    October

Well they said EU and Tort will be held in the coming months but don't say when

Anyone going to email them back?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Greentea12

Tried calling the number in the email but it doesn't even ring..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jeremiah25

Replied saying that I intend to sit tomorrows exam. Let's hope for the best...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement